Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
tputorti
Earning My Ears

Question Character Changes June 3 ???

I read a rumor that there was going to be some character changes on June 3rd at WDW?

Can anyone confirm this and provide any details?
tputorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Don't know what you're talking about. I Googled and nothing came up.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Character changes usually happen twice per year - spring (usually April) and fall (Septemberish). I don't think there are any new changed on deck for June.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
CentralFloridian99
The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they will be involved in Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_catt11 View Post
Character changes usually happen twice per year - spring (usually April) and fall (Septemberish). I don't think there are any new changed on deck for June.
Spring's character changes were Phinocchio and Flik leaving, Merida coming, Dug and Russel becoming regular characters, and Rapunzel re-located.

The force will be with you, always.
CentralFloridian99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tputorti View Post
I read a rumor that there was going to be some character changes on June 3rd at WDW?

Can anyone confirm this and provide any details?
Without knowing where you read the rumor, it's impossible to know if it's true or not. Can you maybe provide the source?

I've seen nothing on any other Disney website.

WDSearcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #6
tputorti
Earning My Ears

On WDWMagic someone posted the following will be occuring on June 3:

"The plan is for Goofy to leave Minnie-Mickey at DAK and Baloo and Louie will take his kiosk. I think someone else is going to their old location, but I don't recall who..."

"I haven't heard about anything else specifically, but there'll be a few other things throughout the parks."
tputorti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

And I am behind on updating the character finder.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
t_catt11
Pin Trading Addict

Quote:

"The plan is for Goofy to leave Minnie-Mickey at DAK and Baloo and Louie will take his kiosk. I think someone else is going to their old location, but I don't recall who..."

"I haven't heard about anything else specifically, but there'll be a few other things throughout the parks."
That would be interesting, to say the least.
Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I cannot imagine that happening. Disney has been pretty careful that the characters going into Camp MM are appropriate to the forest (Thumper, Chip, Dale, Miss Bunny, etc) as opposed to the jungle (Baloo, King Louie). I don't see them doing that crossover, especially not in that specific place. Not to mention that there's no real reasoning I can think of that would make that probable. I can think of several reasons why they might need to move Baloo and Louie from their current location, but I can't see Camp MM as an appropriate landing spot.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:24 PM   #10
Good Morning Dewdrop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post
I cannot imagine that happening. Disney has been pretty careful that the characters going into Camp MM are appropriate to the forest (Thumper, Chip, Dale, Miss Bunny, etc) as opposed to the jungle (Baloo, King Louie). I don't see them doing that crossover, especially not in that specific place. Not to mention that there's no real reasoning I can think of that would make that probable. I can think of several reasons why they might need to move Baloo and Louie from their current location, but I can't see Camp MM as an appropriate landing spot.

Am I the only one that didn't realize Camp MM was just 'forest' creatures and Baloo / King Louie are jungle? Seriously I read the above comment and thought "that's just darn clever of them"!! Disney rocks!
  • AP #3 September 2013 - AS Music; November 2013 - AS Music; January 2014 - AS Music; May 2014 SWW AS Music
    AP #2 January 2013 - AS Music: October 2012 - AS Music; September 2012 - AoA - LM opening day!; April 2012 - AS Sports; January/February 2012 - AS Music
  • AP #1 September 2011 - AS Music; May 2011 - AS Music - D23 Scavenger Hunt - Team "Pixie Dust"!!; February 2011 - AS Music; December 2010 - POFQ; September 2010 - AS Music
  • September 2009 - AS Music & CBR
  • January 2009 - AS Music
  • January 2008 - POP
  • January 2007 - AS Movies

Our new favorite thing to do (between Disney trips) is posting DHs photos on foap - he's under guanojoe (how funny is that?!)
Good Morning Dewdrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #11
jesswindsor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Morning Dewdrop View Post
Am I the only one that didn't realize Camp MM was just 'forest' creatures and Baloo / King Louie are jungle? Seriously I read the above comment and thought "that's just darn clever of them"!! Disney rocks!

I didn't get it either until just now, makes me wonder what other things I have missed lol. Always something new!!!
jesswindsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDSearcher View Post

Understandable, but, we have seen Terk (gorilla from Tarzan) in Camp Minnie-Mickey a few times. She is definitely a jungle animal.
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR Jan 2015 1st Disney Cruise June 2015 CSR

butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
WDSearcher
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfly71076 View Post
Understandable, but, we have seen Terk (gorilla from Tarzan) in Camp Minnie-Mickey a few times. She is definitely a jungle animal.
True ... but Terk has never been a regular there, and I don't think she was in a kiosk, was she?

I think there's a lot of leeway to be had with "temporary" or "emergency" characters -- like, suddenly there are no rabbits or chipmunks available and they need to put SOMEONE there for a day or two or a few hours. But in the actual kiosks on the actual trails?

Old 05-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #14
butterfly71076
DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly, she was near Thumper
First trip Aug 1992 POR April 1995 ASSp June 1997 ASMu DH First Trip Oct 2004 CBR DS First Trip May 2009 ASMu May/June 2010 ASMo Nov 2011 SSR Dec 2012 SSR March 2013 ASMo July 2013 CSR Sept 2013 CSR March 2014 CBR Jan 2015 1st Disney Cruise June 2015 CSR

butterfly71076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #15
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!

The wandering characters do vary a bit, but I sincerely doubt they would remove one of the Fab 5 from the huts since there are all of them (well no pluto, but Chip n Dale instead). Chip, Dale, Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Jungle book characters? That doesnt really work so well. But at the same time, goofy does appear in dinoland, so of all characters, I could see him being the one moved. It would kinda kill christmas-town back there without Santa Goofy though!

Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary

Raenstoirm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meet-and-greet, wdw

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: