Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #16
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Anyone out there know much about AirTran?

They just changed my flight on me. And it changed for the better so now I'm just really hoping it doesn't change AGAIN.

Now we arrive at MCO at 10am instead of 11:30. That is really the difference between doing Animal Kingdom or not doing Animal Kingdom, since it closes at six. (But now my mom wants to do AK and she doesn't arrive until the next day so we'll see what happens). And now our flight home isn't until 8:30pm instead of 6. That means no ME until 5:30! We have a WHOLE DAY now. This changes a lot in the way my plan was shaping up!

TandLMommy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:31 PM   #17
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Arrival Day Blues

OK, maybe blues isn't the right term. But I'm just unsure of what I want to do with our arrival day.

Originally the plan was to land around noon, which means we have to expect not to be at POR until 3pm. I'm sure in the slower season that we won't actually have an issue arriving at POR in less than three hours but I'm planning for the worst. Then we would check in, our room would likely be ready, we'd go take our bags up and then hit DTD. My kids are newly obsessed with Legos, and I love Once Upon A Toy. After some shopping, we'd head back to POR and order pizza from off property (POR pizza is nasty!!!). Then we'd swim, catch the outdoor movie and get a decent sleep.

But now we are arriving at MCO at 10am. And it's very likely, being the offseason, that we will be at POR by noon. So... that gives us a lot more day to work with. But I think we will stick with the plan. The only difference is that we will be there so early, most likely our room won't be ready. So I guess we'll just have to leave our bags somewhere? The place where you go to pick up deliveries, right? Whatever it's called? Then we can head off to DTD, pay for our Photopass Plus (YES! SO EXCITED, I love this new product!). We just hit the Indianapolis Lego Store, so that is no longer high priority but there's plenty of other stuff to do at DTD.

When we head back to POR, we'll swim and hopefully get into our room. Then our evening will be the same--offsite pizza, outdoor movie, absorbing the atmosphere that makes me love POR so much.

But part of me feels like we are wasting the day by not hitting a park. Then again, I really want to just ENJOY POR. We had planned to do Pop and I feel like if we paid to upgrade we need to BE THERE to enjoy it. But it still feels wasteful in a way. So I'm just torn.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #18
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Ok, I walked away from my PTR for awhile because we had so much going on. But I'm at 34 days now so it's time to get back on the ball!

So much to think about so I'm going to do separate posts for each topic. Etsy, Garden Grocer, touring plans, ADR changes and more. So much to think about!

Old 08-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #19
TandLMommy28
DIS Veteran

Ok, ADR fun.

So the plan was to skip Animal Kingdom this time. It's just not our favorite. But then we decided to do Photopass Plus. And since Dinosaur is one of the included ride photos, I wanted to go. Plus I heard about the park-specific mugs (like the refillable resort mugs but not refillable). I decided I need all four mugs!

Also, my mom really wanted two Epcot days and she leaves Thursday night. Friday was going to be or our second Epcot day. But mom doesn't like DHS. So we dd some switching around and changed up some things.

Now we have this schedule of parks and meals:

Saturday: no parks. Enjoy the resort, DTD, etc.

Sunday: CRT 8am. MK all day with a resort break. 1900PF at 4:30. Back to MK for EMH.

Monday: Epcot. Via Napoli at 4:30. Focusing on FW side of the park.

Tuesday: Rainforest Cafe. Paying OOP because it's kinda low priced to waste credits on. AK until around 1.

Chef Mickey's at 5pm. Then MNSShP.

Wednesday: Akershus At 10am. Full day spent in WS. Early night back to the resort to enjoy POR.

Thursday: MK for morning EMH. Back to hotel around 10:30. DTD, hang out, swim, laundry. Mom and Jacquie leave at three and we head back to MK. No ADRs.

Friday: DHS. Getting there early to get in As soon as gates open. No ADrs.

Saturday: DTD, swim, enjoy PoR. T-Rex for lunch. Our flight is at 8pm so ME at around 5. Eat dinner at the airport.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: