Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #1
phillymummer
DIS Veteran

PTR/ TR "Etiquette"?

EDIT:
Okay, D'oh! I saw the information in the Sticky AFTER I posted this! I have taken out my original questions and left what I am still wondering.

Hello DISers!

I am fairly new to the DIS and have spent most of my summer reading these forums, learning all kinds of information, mostly tips and tricks for managing "The World". Most recently I discovered these forums. I have spent some time reading the various reports. They are very entertaining! Since many of the reports are formatted in a similar style, I was wondering if there is a certain etiquette to follow when posting these reports. Any hidden guidelines people follow that is not mentioned in the sticky.

Thanks!

Oct 2012 POFQ- First trip planned all by myself (and with plenty of help from The Dis!)
Next trip- Nov 2015 to MK and Universal!

Last edited by phillymummer; 08-11-2012 at 10:08 AM.
phillymummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Is THIS the sticky you're referring to? You've read that, so you should be good to go. As far as I know, no rules or regs beyond the regular DISboards Guidelines that everyone must follow. Take time to review if you haven't yet.

Best advice I can give you is keep it friendly, fun, and interesting!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
shalom
DIS Veteran

Hmm, on reading the first thingie BearcatsFan posted, I should probably try harder to find stuff I want on the Dis.

I think the suggested format influences people, either directly or through copying other people who've used it, but IMHO to say it's the "polite" or "proper" format goes a bit further than necessary. It does remind you of most things people want to hear about;p how people arrange that information is a much more personal matter, IMHO.

I like rambly, detailed reports, myself, and that's what I write; others just want the highlights, hopefully with pictures. I'd model your format on the reports here you like and use the link as a reminder of things you might have skipped or forgotten (or at a format for your linking post if you get a good long thread going).
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: