Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2012, 04:05 AM   #1186
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

LOVE the Lego Shelly and Lego Jodi! What fun you girls are having at Lego WDW!

Shelly, I think you have a future Imagineer at your house! Have you seen the video of the Imagineer who came up with the ride vehicle for Soarin', talking about how he built the model with his old erector set?

Glad the boys are off to a good start with school. Mine just started high school and middle school ...but they're all in the same place (also the elementary) and the boys ride the same bus as last year, so it's not a huge transition.
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 09-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #1187
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Those Lego creations are hilarious Shelly! He's so creative!

What a pretty view you had at the pool. I think that was a great way to end your last night!
Thanks Kelli!

We don't like to do too much on our last night. Just relax and try to make the time drag out as much as possible!! And the BWI was a great place to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica23535 View Post
Haha I love the Lego Creations! They are awesome!
Thanks Monica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Love the Lego creations! Your DS is a riot! And I'm glad to hear the first two days of school have gone well for them! So far, so good at our house too!

DD11 was SO nervous about going to school. She has a hearing aid and got made fun of a lot last year for wearing it (it was her first year with it), and was insistent on not wearing it to school. But, she has been doing great with it so far and her teachers have been very helpful with it. As long as she's comfortable, I'm happy!
Thanks Lauren! Yep - no complaints so far. But then again I don't think either of them have really done any work yet, so this is all subject to change.....

I'm glad your DD11 is doing well with the hearing aid and the teachers are being so helpful. Hopefully no one will make fun of her. DS10 has a vision impairment that can't be corrected by glasses and he has to use a magnifier bar and sometimes has to have his worksheets blown up and things like that. Luckily he's never been made fun of for it, but I have noticed that he has backed off from using those things as much in the past year or so. I think he's worried someone will make fun of him. Why can't kids be nice???
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #1188
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto_fan View Post
LOVE the Lego Shelly and Lego Jodi! What fun you girls are having at Lego WDW!

Shelly, I think you have a future Imagineer at your house! Have you seen the video of the Imagineer who came up with the ride vehicle for Soarin', talking about how he built the model with his old erector set?

Glad the boys are off to a good start with school. Mine just started high school and middle school ...but they're all in the same place (also the elementary) and the boys ride the same bus as last year, so it's not a huge transition.

Thanks Kathy!!

That would be an awesome job for him. I would be so happy & proud!! Yes, I have seen that video and that is him exactly. He could (and does) sit for hours and make things.

Glad the transition to MS and HS are an easy one for your kids. Mine will both be moving up next year - MS for DS10 and HS for DS13. Unfortunately they move to different buildings and the whole works. It's a hard transition for most kids around here. DS13 had an awful time adjusting to MS last year. I'm dreading him going to HS.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 AM   #1189
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Well first dayof M.S. for DS11 today. I am so nervous for him.
DS15 goes tomorrow. Just freshman today. He was so psyched!!! He's an upperclassman lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 09-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #1190
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Well first dayof M.S. for DS11 today. I am so nervous for him.
DS15 goes tomorrow. Just freshman today. He was so psyched!!! He's an upperclassman lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
I hope they both have great first days!
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #1191
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
Mine will both be moving up next year - MS for DS10 and HS for DS13. Unfortunately they move to different buildings and the whole works. It's a hard transition for most kids around here. DS13 had an awful time adjusting to MS last year. I'm dreading him going to HS.
Same here Shelly. We can't be old enough to have kids in high school, can we?! I vote no.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 09-06-2012, 01:09 PM   #1192
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Same here Shelly. We can't be old enough to have kids in high school, can we?! I vote no.
I second that!!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM   #1193
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Shelly-
I know, why can't kids be nice? Kids nowadays can be brutal to each other! I'm so glad that your DS10 has not been made fun of for his visual impairment. DD11 was really only bullied by two particular kids- luckily neither is in her class this year. She was very relieved, as was I! I was able to talk to the school about it, and they handled the situation very well. Her teachers this year are so great about the hearing aid- and DD10 loves them! For sixth grade, they do "team teachers" in our town, meaning on teacher for math/science, the other for language arts and social studies. I just hope this year goes smoothly!
Best wishes for a good school year for both of your boys!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- GF
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #1194
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala3291 View Post
Shelly-
I know, why can't kids be nice? Kids nowadays can be brutal to each other! I'm so glad that your DS10 has not been made fun of for his visual impairment. DD11 was really only bullied by two particular kids- luckily neither is in her class this year. She was very relieved, as was I! I was able to talk to the school about it, and they handled the situation very well. Her teachers this year are so great about the hearing aid- and DD10 loves them! For sixth grade, they do "team teachers" in our town, meaning on teacher for math/science, the other for language arts and social studies. I just hope this year goes smoothly!
Best wishes for a good school year for both of your boys!

Kids can be mean, that's for sure. So glad the kids that were picking on your DD are in a different class now!! We do a bit of team teaching with our 4th & 5th grade. Each teacher has a partner and they switch their entire class for science and social studies. Then everyone does an individual switch for math. And the rest is with your homeroom teacher. I wish they would do something similar with the 6th graders, but on a larger scale - something to get them more ready for all the individual switches in 7th & 8th grade. But nope, they just throw them to the wolves! Which is going to be bad for DS10 next year I think. He switches with his entire class for science this year and his math teacher (just by chance) is his homeroom teacher. So he will go from 2 teachers to like 7 or 8 next year.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:57 AM   #1195
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Day 9: Sunday May 6

We were up bright and early on our last morning.

The kids got up and got dressed and then went back to bed while DH and I finished packing up the rest of our things.

I went out on the balcony and took some very early morning pictures.

We gathered our stuff and went down to the ME bus stop. And the bus came right on time like clockwork, as usual.

We got a brand new ME bus this time and it was so nice!! It had a nice blue interior and bigger tv screens.

Before we knew it we were back at the Orlando airport and getting some breakfast.

And after an uneventful flight back to Pittsburgh, we were back home.

So that's it – we are at the end of the TR. I hope you have all enjoyed sharing this journey with my family and I!!

I'll be back with some souvenir pics and final thoughts...

Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #1196
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

No!!! This can't be over. I'm sad. I love how you update so often and so well Shelly. I love your TRs!

The ME bus looks nice! Did you have a really early flight? Does ME pick you up two or three hours before the flight home?

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #1197
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No!!! This can't be over. I'm sad. I love how you update so often and so well Shelly. I love your TRs!

The ME bus looks nice! Did you have a really early flight? Does ME pick you up two or three hours before the flight home?

I'm glad you enjoyed the TR Kelli!! Will you be doing one this time??

The new ME bus was super nice. We felt so special!! Our flight home was at 10am. The bus usually comes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours before your flight. I don't remember the exact time on this one, but I do remember it pulled in right on time. IDK how they are always so punctual with having to stop at other resorts!!
Old 09-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #1198
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I've been reading along but haven't had much time to post lately. I could certainly tell from the first picture of the boys on the bed that they weren't ready to go home. Departure days are the pits!

Did I miss it or did you ever reveal who you thought the last Lego guy looked like?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #1199
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I've been reading along but haven't had much time to post lately. I could certainly tell from the first picture of the boys on the bed that they weren't ready to go home. Departure days are the pits!

Did I miss it or did you ever reveal who you thought the last Lego guy looked like?

Hey Lisa!!

Nope, they weren't ready to go home that morning. None of us ever are!!

I forgot about the Lego dude!! I think he looks like Elvis!!
Old 09-07-2012, 01:05 PM   #1200
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post

Hey Lisa!!

Nope, they weren't ready to go home that morning. None of us ever are!!

I forgot about the Lego dude!! I think he looks like Elvis!!
I didn't even think about him looking like Elvis because I thought he looked like old man from Up. Now that you said it though, he does look like Elvis.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: