Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #586
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Aw, he's having so much fun! Have a great 4th of July Shelly!
Thanks Kelli, have a great day too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
What fun pictures!
Our dog is so neurotic! He hates thunder, fireworks, all kinds of stuff like that. He starts scratching at walls,doors, furniture... It's awful. We got him a thunder shirt, but it only helps a little. So he spends a little time in the kennel.

I agree about Disney fireworks spoiling us. My kids didn't want to go last year and it's so hot and humid this year I don't want to go! We'll just watch on TV for a bit I think!
Thanks Sheree!

Our other Sheltie was like that -- hated thunderstorms, fireworks, anything like that. Freaked out, got the shakes, and always tried to hide under my DH. Poor thing was terrified.

Jack is an unusual one that's for sure!

We still haven't decided if we are going to the fireworks tonight or not. It is a long time til December!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Love the summer fun pics! Looks like ya'll are having a great time! And tell the boys that is the most awesome sandcastle I've ever seen! I'm with Jack on the water... I've never met a drop I didn't like.

Now I have to ask... are you a country girl Shelly? I noticed that all the backgrounds in your pictures look like you live in a rural area. I saw that the neighbor has a garden and your yard looks too big to be a city yard. And you don't have a fence... can't imagine having a dog in the city without needing a fence. Yes, I am being very nosey. We love living in the country, but I really thought you were a city slicker! I'm so intrigued! I must know so spill it lady...

Happy 4th... again!

Oh, I almost forgot. My fur babies are doing pretty good. Our chihuahua (Bella) is as spoiled as ever and my old girl (Pooh) is somehow still hanging on. I really thought we were going to lose her last fall, but by some miracle she keeps pluggin' along. She is 18 now, deaf and blind, no teeth... she's pitiful. But she's tough. Just when I think she's reached the end of this life, she seems to spring back a bit. I hope I'm that determined to carry on when I get old!

Thanks! Jack just loves the water!! It is a total pain to dry him when we are ready to come inside, but it's worth it because it is so dang funny to watch him play in it! He loves to dig in the sand too! Him & DS10 love to make sandcastles!

Am I a country or city girl??? Well, that's a good question. We are definitely not in town, but we are in a development. Each house has about an acre, so we have a pretty good sized yard. The neighbor behind us is not in the development and has several acres and has a garden and lots of 'outbuildings' junking up the place. We are about 3 miles from town & the school and things. So I guess it is country.

Glad your dogs are doing well. Poor Pooh. It's so hard to watch them lose their hearing and sight and things. Glad she's still doing well otherwise though.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #587
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I just wanted to share something with you Shelly, My DH sprang this question on me when we were away- What do you think about moving to Florida next year?? If he said this to me like 5 yrs. ago I would have jumped for joy. But when he said it I started to cry. They weren't tears of joy either.

I am so stressed! I don't want to uproot the kids now and they will be devistated! He was offered a job from his old boss. He used to LOVE his job but they have recently made crazy changes and his new boss has less experience than him. He applied for the job and didn't get it. It wouldn't be so bad if who got the job deserves it. So if zi don't find a full time position this year which is a couple of months away, we may have to do it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread! I just needed to get that out. We were at my parents' house today and it came up. I didn't want them to know about it until they needed to know. It took all I had not to cry in front of my mother. When everyone went in I started crying to my sister. She was all for it! Saying get a big enough house so we can all visit together! I told her to stop encouraging my DH
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #588
wakica
DIS Veteran

awe, love the summer pics!!! Thanks for sharing

Me dh dd(16)
Old 07-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #589
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I just wanted to share something with you Shelly, My DH sprang this question on me when we were away- What do you think about moving to Florida next year?? If he said this to me like 5 yrs. ago I would have jumped for joy. But when he said it I started to cry. They weren't tears of joy either.

I am so stressed! I don't want to uproot the kids now and they will be devistated! He was offered a job from his old boss. He used to LOVE his job but they have recently made crazy changes and his new boss has less experience than him. He applied for the job and didn't get it. It wouldn't be so bad if who got the job deserves it. So if zi don't find a full time position this year which is a couple of months away, we may have to do it.

Sorry for hijacking your thread! I just needed to get that out. We were at my parents' house today and it came up. I didn't want them to know about it until they needed to know. It took all I had not to cry in front of my mother. When everyone went in I started crying to my sister. She was all for it! Saying get a big enough house so we can all visit together! I told her to stop encouraging my DH

Oh boy, that's a hard one. As you know we recently went through this. It is SO hard to make that decision. If it was just you & your DH it would be a no-brainer. But when there are children involved it makes it 100X harder of a decision.

Moving to the south is something I thought I always wanted, but then when presented with the opportunity it was very scary. Careful what you wish for I guess! And had DH's offer been perfect we probably would be there now. But it wasn't perfect. So we just couldn't see giving up life as we know it and uprooting the kids from their school & friends for something that we weren't even sure that we were going to be happy with.

I know, I'm not helping much. I really stink at making life changing decisions for myself so I'm really in to position to help you with yours! If it is upsetting you that much to even think about it, then that might tell you something right there. But I also know that it is miserable to have a DH unhappy at work. So maybe you do want to at least check into it. If the offer is amazing, the location is amazing, you can find good schools, and everything seems to fall right into place, then maybe it is meant to be. If you have to work super hard to make all that happen then it might not be worth it. At least that's what we found.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
awe, love the summer pics!!! Thanks for sharing
Thank you!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #590
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
I'm still here... been doing more reading than writing lately. Trying to get caught up today.

I hope you have a nice 4th of July!

Hey Amy I almost missed this post.

We had a nice 4th, I hope you guys did too!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #591
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

After we got rested up from our long hot morning at DHS we got ready for dinner. Tonight was Big River Grille! And no rushing, we could just pop in at any time since they don't take ADR's! We had been to BRG 3-4 times before and it never disappoints, and this time would be no different.

On our walk over we saw another 'function' set up. This time it was right on the boardwalk in front of the YC. DS13 thought he should pretend to be the host!

I stopped right in that area and took a panoramic shot. I just got this camera for Christmas last year and this was my first camera with a panoramic setting.

Went a little further and took another one. They didn't turn out great. I think I needed to be zoomed in further.

Then we made it over to the BW.

And to BRG. We were seated right away, as always! We have always wanted to sit outside at BRG, but it is always either too hot or too cold when we are there. Today was too hot of course.

Everyone was pretty happy to be there!!

The view from our table.

Then we ordered. And DH got some sort of beer sampler. I about fell off my chair!! He's not that big of a drinker, so I was surprised. Then I remembered the last time we were there and the guy at the next table had ordered that beer sampler and DH was eyeing it up! For those of you who don't know, BRG brews their own beer.

Sadly he wasn't too impressed with the beer. Our waiter told him the order to try them in, lightest to darkest, and also told him which ones were best. Like third to last and last I think. And that's exactly what DH thought too.

I didn't try any. I don't care for the taste of beer at all. But I did however have to pose for a 'cheers' pic!

DS10 got a hot dog, chips, and carrots. Which surprised me, he usually gets pasta at BRG.

DS13 got a hamburger, chips, and carrots.

I usually get the beef nachos appetizer for my meal, but decided to branch out a bit and get the chicken nachos this time! I wish I would have stuck with the beef, the chicken wasn't near as good. Still decent though.

DH got a burger with mushrooms & swiss, and chips.

The kids got chocolate cake for their dessert! DH and I decided to pass on dessert and get something later.

Service was great as always and we all left there full and happy!

Total Bill: $50.24
Rating: 9 out of 10

Continued in next post.....

Old 07-05-2012, 10:26 AM   #592
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Continued.....

After dinner at BRG we went out on the BW for a bit.

We stopped in the ESPN club arcade for a bit.

Then we headed back towards the BC. I messed around with my panoramic setting again.

We quickly realized that we had taken the long way around getting to the BW by walking past the YC and towards the Swan/Dolphin earlier. Going back this way (towards Epcot and then back to the BC) was much faster!

After dinner I wasn't feeling super great. But there was still daylight and fun to be had and the kids wanted to go swimming, so that's what we did!

And they finally talked me into going down the slide!

And even talked DH into doing it once!

The pool wasn't totally crazy this time. I think we might have missed the pool games!!

After awhile I still wasn't feeling great, so I told DH I was going upstairs to take a shower and rest. He stayed with the kids and I guess they did the slide (the kids) several times and even went over to the kiddie pool and did that slide a few times just for fun because there wasn't anyone else in it!

Eventually they all came up to the room. I still wasn't feeling well, but I was a little hungry. So DH and I went down to the Marketplace and got a couple of snacks to share.

After that we called it a night and went to bed, hoping I would be feeling better in the morning.

Up Next: A Morning at the Resort

Old 07-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #593
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I got behind (again ). I laughed out loud when you mentioned the incident that RinkyTinky had talked about at Voyage to the Little Mermaid. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. (Oh and RinkyTinky, you and your tips are about to be coming up in my trip report. )

Every time I read your reviews of Big River Grill, it makes me wish that I'd remember to try it some time. Too bad your chicken nachos weren't as good at the beef but they certainly looked good.

Oh I almost forgot...it looks like your kids and Jack are enjoying their Summer!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #594
T*Bird
DIS Veteran

Holy canoli, that's a lot of beer! I wonder how many people drink all that and stagger out. I don't like beer, either. I'm pretty much a daiquiri-or-margarita-every-few-months kind of drinker.

The food looks very good! (minus the weeny ) Too bad your chicken nachos weren't as good as the beef. They did look good, though! I never order burgers out, but those really looked good and chargrilled, the way I like them.

Sorry you didn't feel well after. I wonder if it was anything you ate. Dang chicken! I can't believe you still went swimming and went down the slide!!! You didn't say how you liked it, though!

I really like your panoramic pictures!

Last edited by T*Bird; 07-05-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #595
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Your food at BRG looks really good Shelly! I haven't heard much about the place. It seems like it's a little hidden gem. Sorry you weren't feeling well though. It's awful to feel crummy on vacation.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #596
Lil'Mermaid75
DIS Veteran

Can't believe how much Jack has changed! Love those summer pictures of him and the boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
What fun pictures!
Our dog is so neurotic! He hates thunder, fireworks, all kinds of stuff like that. He starts scratching at walls,doors, furniture... It's awful. We got him a thunder shirt, but it only helps a little. So he spends a little time in the kennel.

I agree about Disney fireworks spoiling us. My kids didn't want to go last year and it's so hot and humid this year I don't want to go! We'll just watch on TV for a bit I think!
Our dog was the same way - I think she would've dug a hole to China if she could've! Poor thing. We used to have to give her doggie-downers around the 4th because of the fireworks and if we knew we were in for a bad storm. Covering her with blankets would help sometimes...but you needed to be under them with her!

We had a quiet 4th due to the burn and fireworks bans around here. It's crazy dry. Thankfully all of our neighbors abided by the bans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post

This is such a difficult situation. I think for me the biggest thing would be happiness. It definately gives you something to think about. We'll be thinking of you guys!
Old 07-05-2012, 12:05 PM   #597
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
I got behind (again ). I laughed out loud when you mentioned the incident that RinkyTinky had talked about at Voyage to the Little Mermaid. I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. (Oh and RinkyTinky, you and your tips are about to be coming up in my trip report. )

Every time I read your reviews of Big River Grill, it makes me wish that I'd remember to try it some time. Too bad your chicken nachos weren't as good at the beef but they certainly looked good.

Oh I almost forgot...it looks like your kids and Jack are enjoying their Summer!
Hey Lisa, long time no see! I hope you are having a great summer!

I think Rinky's LM story was fresh in my mind since I had just read about it shortly before we went to WDW, so as soon as I saw the LM I started laughing!!

You should definitely walk over to the BW sometime when we are at Epcot and give BRG a try! Or even drive over from CBR, it's less than 5 minutes away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T*Bird View Post
Holy canoli, that's a lot of beer! I wonder how many people drink all that and stagger out. I don't like beer, either. I'm pretty much a daiquiri-or-margarita-every-few-months kind of drinker.

The food looks very good! (minus the weeny ) Too bad your chicken nachos weren't as good as the beef. They did look good, though! I never order burgers out, but those really looked good and chargrilled, the way I like them.

Sorry you didn't feel well after. I wonder if it was anything you ate. Dang chicken! I can't believe you still went swimming and went down the slide!!! You didn't say how you liked it, though!

I really like your panoramic pictures!
That's what I said! I'm sure lots of people drink all that beer and then lots more.

The food was all very good. I just don't really care for pulled chicken and it seemed more spicy than the beef usually is. Oh well, it wasn't awful and now I know! I don't usually order burgers out either, but you are right they do look good there.

I don't think not feeling well had anything to do with the food. My stomach didn't really hurt, I just knew something was off. And by the next morning I had a sore throat and felt much worse.

The pool slide was awesome! Very cool! I don't love the set up there how you have to walk outside of the pool area and so far to get to the slide, but it sure was fun. Still like the BWI slide better though!

Thanks, I was working on my panoramic picture taking skills throughout the week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post
Can't believe how much Jack has changed! Love those summer pictures of him and the boys.

Thanks. I know, it's hard to believe that little puppy in the pics from last summer is him!
Old 07-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #598
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Momof2Disneyboys;45380393]Oh boy, that's a hard one. As you know we recently went through this. It is SO hard to make that decision. If it was just you & your DH it would be a no-brainer. But when there are children involved it makes it 100X harder of a decision.

Moving to the south is something I thought I always wanted, but then when presented with the opportunity it was very scary. Careful what you wish for I guess! And had DH's offer been perfect we probably would be there now. But it wasn't perfect. So we just couldn't see giving up life as we know it and uprooting the kids from their school & friends for something that we weren't even sure that we were going to be happy with.

I know, I'm not helping much. I really stink at making life changing decisions for myself so I'm really in to position to help you with yours! If it is upsetting you that much to even think about it, then that might tell you something right there. But I also know that it is miserable to have a DH unhappy at work. So maybe you do want to at least check into it. If the offer is amazing, the location is amazing, you can find good schools, and everything seems to fall right into place, then maybe it is meant to be. If you have to work super hard to make all that happen then it might not be worth it. At least that's what we found.

I'll keep you guys in my prayers.

Thanks Shelly I need all the prayers I can get! I knew you would understand!
It's weird b/c it's hard to talk to my best friends about it b/c they've never been in this situation.

[FONT="Century Gothic"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="red"]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Mermaid75 View Post

This is such a difficult situation. I think for me the biggest thing would be happiness. It definately gives you something to think about. We'll be thinking of you guys!
Thanks!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #599
monica23535
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Your dinner at BRG looked really good, I never really considered eating there but I may have to re-think our ADRs

Sorry you weren't feeling great, but glad to hear that SAB was not a zoo for once!

Your photos are really great
Polynesian CL, DCL Dream & Beach Club Oct 2012

Old 07-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #600
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

I like the pics with the panoramic setting!! Very cool!!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: