Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #16
Disney Fool

The name says it all

If you're at Pixar Place, and somebody puts their hands over your eyes from behind, it's probably Green Army Men! They're outrageous. I've had random encounters with characters -I was sitting near Swiss Fam. Robinson treehouse, and Aladdin came by and was calling for Abu and asked me if I'd seen him. He kept looking up in the tree and calling "Abu". Mary Poppins comes out and rides the carousel early in the morning; I've seen Cruella DeVil just wandering around Town Square - probably looking for puppies!. But to agree with a PP, Disneyland is the place where the characters are more free to roam. Don't expect it, but when it does happen, it's magical.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #17
blana
DIS Veteran

When we went in December 2010, the kids & I (at rope drop) went to get Fastpasses at the Safari while DH rode Expedition Everest. As we were heading back over to Dinoland, Baloo & King Louie were standing smack dab in the middle of the road, just waiting for people to head that way. (In reality, they were probably on their way to their standard meet & greet location, but stopped for us. We may as well have been the only people in the park based on the numebr of people walking down that path at that point of the morning.)
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 08:29 AM   #18
ttintagel
DIS Veteran

Yeah, those magical days are over.
ttintagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
auntfrannie
DIS Veteran

This was from 2010 in DHS. I was walking around (I think back by MuppetVision) and the Green Army Man came out of nowhere, stopped, saluted & posed for a picture. I have no idea where the kid came from that's standing in the background!

auntfrannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:38 AM   #20
SenecaWolf
I let my mind wander and it didn't come back!

He was running around hiding from people and playing. He was a lot of fun!

CBR - 4/18/12-4/24/12 - First Family Trip/ DD's Sweet 16POP - 8/25/12-8/30/12 - Mother/Son TripCBR - 8/24/13-9/1/13 - 2nd Family Trip
SenecaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentopher View Post
I need to know more about where and when these Army Men come out to play.. LOL Aside from Star Wars my boys only character requests have been "green army men from Toy Story".... I Don't want to disappoint them!!
They were always out in January and February. Every time we walked by TSM, at least one Army Man was walking around.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #22
Chelseadene
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzels View Post
Tigger and Pooh are usually in the UK at Epcot. the line will be DRASTICALLY shorter. Example, like 5 families waiting, compared to 20 or more at MK. Just an fyi timesaver...
Oh awesome!
Chelseadene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #23
kmb584
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzels View Post
Tigger and Pooh are usually in the UK at Epcot. I'm forgetting the name, but it's got like toys, kid books, beatle stuff, ect. Around the corner, in the same store is where they have a meet and greet, and the line will be DRASTICALLY shorter. Example, like 5 families waiting, compared to 20 or more at MK. Just an fyi timesaver...
Toy Soldier is the store!

DD and I stopped in there 2 weeks ago to pick up a souvenir for my dad and ran right into Winnie & Tigger. It was awesome because she was literally the ONLY ONE in line and got to play around with them for a while!

Me (30) DD (5)
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney
kmb584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:28 AM   #24
kennythepirate
Bad Mood t' Blackhearted
Toy Story Mania MASTER!!!

Even the Green Army Men end up with lines forming around them, even though they don't have character assistants. I think the autograph book has really changed the meets and interactions too. They spend less time interacting with guests because they have to sign so many books. Not saying they shouldn't be given a chance to sign things, I just think its changed character appearances in general.

The organizing lines does help a lot though because there used to be a lot of pushing to get to the character next. Even Character Palooza has organized lines.

Tags
character appearances, character meetings, characters

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: