Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #1306
norwane
DreaminofDisney

Hello!

We are going to POFQ in 13 days (not counting or anything!! My question is, should we do the online check-in? I am hoping to get a ground floor room, close to the main building and bus stop (maybe building 5?) We will be getting there on a Sunday around 1ish, depending on Magical Express.
Are upgrades ever offered? We booked just the standard room. Its fine if its not, but it never hurts to ask nicely, does it?! I'm just afraid if I do the online check-in, I won't have the option of an upgrade or a specific room?
What are your thoughts?
Old 01-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #1307
JerseyDevils
Mouseketeer

The last 2 years we have done online check in and received an unrequested upgrade from standard to river view. It was quite nice. I suppose if you want to make a specific request you may want to hold off and check in at the resort.
5/5/11-5/14/11 @ POFQ
5/3/12-5/12/12 @ POFQ 10 days is never enough!!
4/25/13-5/5/13 @ POFQ So we'll do 11 this time.

Me , DW , DS (10) , DD (5) , DS (2)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #1308
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

Just because you do online check-in does not mean you cannot switch the room that they tell you once at the on-line check-in counter. My reservation had our "special requests" attached to it already and I either called or emailed a few days in advance to confirm requests. I do not recall which at this time. But my requests for first floor building 5 were honored.

Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 01-15-2013, 02:51 PM   #1309
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Nothing to lose really. As has been said, if you don't like what's offered then you can always ask them to re-check the currently available pool, or even wait for a room which will be ready later in the day if you don't mind coming back in a while.

Doing online checkin does not reduced the chances of having your requests met by the way. In fact it might even improve them a little with the new online system now allowing you to say whether you'd prefer a room that will be ready when you get there, or one that meets your requests best.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1310
heinz
Earning My Ears

Can someone who has been to the FQ recently confirm that a grill cheese is still on the menu at the food court?
Thank you!
Old 01-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #1311
wdw71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heinz
Can someone who has been to the FQ recently confirm that a grill cheese is still on the menu at the food court?
Thank you!
http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-...s-lunch-dinner
Old 01-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #1312
arthuruscg
DIS Veteran

norwane,
PORFQ is so small that you don't need to be close the the main building. I am serious. I think it is the smallest resort on property.

Look at the difference in the scales between PORFQ and PORRS.
http://www.portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php

There is not a big walking difference between 5, 6 or 7. Because there are cut thrus that are not on the map. Example, there is a path almost directly from building #4 to the buss stop. We stayed in 7126 (king) and it was almost a straight shot to the buss stop.

I think all of PORFQ would fit in one section of AOA.
Entire Child hood Fort Wilderness Campground
Old 01-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #1313
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Nothing to lose really. As has been said, if you don't like what's offered then you can always ask them to re-check the currently available pool, or even wait for a room which will be ready later in the day if you don't mind coming back in a while.

Doing online checkin does not reduced the chances of having your requests met by the way. In fact it might even improve them a little with the new online system now allowing you to say whether you'd prefer a room that will be ready when you get there, or one that meets your requests best.

Andre
Really? I didn't notice this option when I did the online check in?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #1314
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Really? I didn't notice this option when I did the online check in?
The new requests form, with the Ready Room Request option:

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #1315
pjhootch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We will be at FQ next week, and we were able to book the Stay/Play $ Dine too. It was the same price as POR got. It seems POFQ doesn't get the discount on room discounts, but can on package promos?
I received a PIN several days ago for up to 35% off Room only dates in August through Sept 28th. I booked at Pop Originally, and then decided I would call and see if the PIN would work for POFQ.

I got through tonight and they switched my reservation using the PIN Room Only discount for 2 rooms. I did the math, and it looks like it was about 27% off regular rates.

So if you get a PIN offer and it doesn't specifically say that POFQ is excluded, call up and ask.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #1316
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
No, I didn't get this screen. No way to check off requests or anything. I do have them noted on my reservation though. I guess you're getting the new web site. Lots here in Canada aren't yet. Just checked again today, still old web site . Thanks Andre for the screen shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhootch View Post
I received a PIN several days ago for up to 35% off Room only dates in August through Sept 28th. I booked at Pop Originally, and then decided I would call and see if the PIN would work for POFQ.

I got through tonight and they switched my reservation using the PIN Room Only discount for 2 rooms. I did the math, and it looks like it was about 27% off regular rates.

So if you get a PIN offer and it doesn't specifically say that POFQ is excluded, call up and ask.
Congrats on your pin code. We never seem to get them! But I did book POFQ with the Stay, Play & Dine offer which was good at POFQ.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 AM   #1317
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Quote:

Andre
Andre,

Thank you so much for posting this!! I always forgo online check in because our requests (top floor, non-connecting room) were not options on the form. Now they are there, so I will do an online check in for our upcoming trip! Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #1318
Sydnerella
enough is as good as a feast

We are trying to book a trip for October, but have never been to WDW in the fall. I am wondering if some of you regulars would know if that month (mid) is a time of discounts typically - and at POFQ in particular. Free Dining?? Stay, Play and Dine? And when the discounts come out.

Thanks,
Sydnerella's Mama

October 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside, March 2012 - Port Orleans French Quarter, February 2011 -Carribean Beach, March 2010 - VRBO House, April 2008 - VRBO House, March 2006 - Celebration
Old 01-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #1319
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
For some reason I was able to choose 3? So I went with corner room, ground floor, near transportation. I'll fax my requests in a few days and I have them noted on my reservation (building 4, ground floor, corner room).
Old 01-17-2013, 03:53 PM   #1320
Happy2BGoofy
Mouseketeer

New Web Site

Quote:
No, I didn't get this screen. No way to check off requests or anything. I do have them noted on my reservation though. I guess you're getting the new web site. Lots here in Canada aren't yet. Just checked again today, still old web site . Thanks Andre for the screen shot.

Congrats on your pin code. We never seem to get them! But I did book POFQ with the Stay, Play & Dine offer which was good at POFQ.
Sue M

The new web site is always has been going live on and off as they continue to tweak all the pages and connections to the My Disney Experience App. It will probably continue like that for awhile until they iron all the wrinkles. I too live in Canada and I have seen it several times on and off. However, it seems that if you use Google Chrome you have a better chance of viewing it more often than not.

Have a magical day.

WDW Trips:
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Nov - 2010; Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort Aug - 2011; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Feb - 2012; Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Aug - 2012; Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Feb - 2013; Disney's All-Stars Music Resort Aug - 2013; Disney's Pop Century Resort Dec - 2013; COMING-UP: Disney's Cruise Line - Dream & Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort Nov - 2014
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: