Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #1276
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I said I'd try to add some more detail, and this morning I did... So now, if you check www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php you'll find that all of the clickable Port Orleans building floor plans have been magically upgraded with pixie dust and now include all of the room category information too (plus details of the Accessible room locations while I was at it). You can also download the whole lot in PDF format for French Quarter. For example:

I would like to pass on my grateful personal thanks to the manager at the resort who provided me with a spreadsheet detailing all of the category information (all 3,056 lines of it!!) and then gave me permission to use that list to cross-reference that information into my new floor plans.

This whole project has been a lot of work (and I mean a LOT of work!) but I'm really happy with the end results and I hope people will find the information useful.

Please could I ask that people do not bombard the resort with requests for specific room numbers though. This info is better used as a general guide rather than as a "checklist for the perfect vacation". It's still preferable to let them know WHAT you want from your room and WHY, rather than requesting one specific room number (which might not even be available during your stay).

Andre
Thanks again Andre!! So in my heart I'm going to hope for room 5x41 :-). But I won't request room # . I just put down outside corner bldg 4 or 5.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 AM   #1277
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Thanks everyone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I am adventurous and would love to try other resorts. Dh is not. He likes routine, so we have never stayed anywhere else. Heck, I'm just glad to get him there in the first place, so if it means I will only ever see POFQ, even when I have the chance with a big discount, I'll pass because I want dh to be comfortable where he is. So I guess my answer doesn't help you either!
I wish I could get DH back. Sigh... He flat out refuses to go back to Disney. I guess I don't mind staying at other resorts... I just loved the really short walk we had from/to the busses and the food court. It was just so easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post
I was lucky enough to get a PIN code, actually two of them, in the mail yesterday. But that just really complicates things even more. DH and I talked about changing our plans from November to April or late September (I know, kinda weird) but only if POFQ is included in the discount. It's a postcard with two separate PINs, one for FD up to 3/7/12 and the other is for a 35% room discount, various nights 1/2/13-9/28/13. I've been on hold forever, twice today with Disney reservations trying to get an answer about POFQ but gave up, I don't have any more time to hang around on the phone tonight, I'll try again tomorrow. Ok, I'm rambling way too much now. But anyway! Like I said, if POFQ is included in the room discount, we'll change our plans from November. But if POFQ isn't included, we'll just keep what we've got and hope for another discount later on.
Lucky duck! I used to get Pin codes all the time... Then in the beginning of 2010 I stopped getting them completely and haven't received one since. I sure hope your Pin works at FQ for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
We love POR, have had 3 stays there. Our first stay was in Magnolia Terrace on the side closest to quiet pool, but toward the back. Great location, close to old man island bridge. So close to quiet pool, main pool, food court and bus stop.

Our second stay we were in the far end of Parterre place. Not my fav location, but not really far to the bridge over to lobby.

Last stay was in Acadian House, just after they finished the refurb. Rooms are sooo nice. Again, next to the quiet pool in between Magnolia Terrace and Acadian. And we were close to Old Man Island bridge here too.

Both Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House are great locations, and a quick walk to all amenities.
Oak Manor and Parterre pl are now Royal Rooms. Out of those I'd pick Oak Manor.

I am looking forward to our first stay soon, At FQ.
Thank you Sue! This is exactly what I was looking for. It really looks like any of the mansion buildings would be OK? When I am looking at the map, the closest bus depot to either of the Royal room buildings looks quite far... You either have to go to the bus depot at the main building or to the East depot... Do you have any opinions on this and how far of a walk that seems to be? Thanks so much for your time.

To be honest... My girls really want a Royal room... But I also like the refurbed mansion rooms a lot, they are quite beautiful.

On a side note... I think you will love FQ.

D~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #1278
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Look at the building details, I'm really surprised there are so few king bed rooms. We always book king and didn't realize that they were so limited.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #1279
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Look at the building details, I'm really surprised there are so few king bed rooms. We always book king and didn't realize that they were so limited.
There are 59 King Bed rooms at POFQ. I think the number went down slightly when they switched most of the Accessible rooms to contain two queen beds, which removed a few of the King rooms. The current stats are on www.portorleans.org/frenchquarter-info.php.

Also, at POFQ anyway, all of the remaining King Bed rooms are now also on corners, which is another plus. (This mostly applies in Alligator Bayou too, but not so much with the POR mansion buildings).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #1280
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Also, at POFQ anyway, all of the remaining King Bed rooms are now also on corners, which is another plus. (This mostly applies in Alligator Bayou too, but not so much with the POR mansion buildings).

Andre
I noticed that. We've been in a corner room each time, which is good because dh doesn't like feeling closed in.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #1281
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Thanks everyone...

I wish I could get DH back. Sigh... He flat out refuses to go back to Disney. I guess I don't mind staying at other resorts... I just loved the really short walk we had from/to the busses and the food court. It was just so easy.

Lucky duck! I used to get Pin codes all the time... Then in the beginning of 2010 I stopped getting them completely and haven't received one since. I sure hope your Pin works at FQ for you.

Thank you Sue! This is exactly what I was looking for. It really looks like any of the mansion buildings would be OK? When I am looking at the map, the closest bus depot to either of the Royal room buildings looks quite far... You either have to go to the bus depot at the main building or to the East depot... Do you have any opinions on this and how far of a walk that seems to be? Thanks so much for your time.

To be honest... My girls really want a Royal room... But I also like the refurbed mansion rooms a lot, they are quite beautiful.

On a side note... I think you will love FQ.

D~
The Oak Manor building would be the best location for Royal Room. The mansion bus stop is just behind Magnolia terrace. It's not far, but closer if you have a location closer to Magnolia Terrace. I think it's the East Depot?
If you walk over the bridge to lobby you can go to the Main Depot, but I personally don't like it, way too crowded, and depending on park, the route will go around resort and back to East Depot anyway.

Parterre Place was my least fav location, we were at the very end, almost in FQ, . But it wasn't horrible. If I were staying in a Royal Room, I'd request Oak on my res.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 01-06-2013, 03:38 PM   #1282
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue M View Post
Thanks again Andre!! So in my heart I'm going to hope for room 5x41 :-). But I won't request room # . I just put down outside corner bldg 4 or 5.
I think my first stay was in 5139. But I really liked that location, it was Central, no noise from the pool, and even the movie in the courtyard was not load since they show it at the other end of the area.

Old 01-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #1283
summerlady
DIS Veteran

The PIN did work for POFQ, 20% room discount, not the best, but it's something. I don't know if I'm going to keep the reservation I just booked for Sept. 22nd, though I might change it up to April. Or maybe just stick with November. Ouch. Too many decisions.

Just called back and canceled the room only discounted reservation for Sept. I was able to use the other PIN for free DDP at POFQ, beginning on March 3. I'm much happier now! We get to go sooner than we ever thought we would this year and we got FD. Guess I'll change my ticker. YAY! DH is going to think I'm losing it, but that's ok.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

Last edited by summerlady; 01-07-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:09 PM   #1284
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Staying at POFQ over MKL Weekend with my DBF!! Requested building 5-top floor, we'll see what we can get! Can't wait!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #1285
mom2taylorandemily
Not so patiently waiting our next trip to Disney....!

We currently have reservations as a Bounce Back to CBR for Aug. 2013, hoping to switch over to POFQ. Want to try it there in the summer, only stayed once in Dec. It was beautiful, but freezing!!!! Stayed at POR 2 summers ago, it was ok, but like POFQ better!!!

DH 60 Me 51 DD 17 DD 15
Sept. 1993 - offsite "1st Trip" / Oct. 1995 - offsite Honeymoon / Dec. 2006 - WL / Dec. 2007 - CBR / Dec. 2008 - CBR
Aug. 2009 - CBR / Dec. 2009 - POFQ / Aug. 2010 - CBR / Aug. 2011 - POR
Aug. 2012 - CBR~Emily's 13th!! Birthday / Dec. 2012 - CBR~Taylor's Sweet 16!!

Aug. 2013 - POFQ~Celebrating My 50th!!! / Aug. 2014 - CBR ~ No Kids!!
Old 01-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #1286
sambisc
Mouseketeer

How long does it take to walk to PORS from FQ?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 AM   #1287
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambisc View Post
How long does it take to walk to PORS from FQ?
The 'technical' division between the two sections is just crossing a roadway (under a bridge) so about 20 seconds.

However it's about 10-15 minutes to walk from main building to main building.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #1288
tammilynne
Mouseketeer

so much great information on this thread! I have been going back and forth between 2 resorts and think I am now decided on POFQ!

June 2006 All Star Movies - Star Wars weekends
July 2011 All Star Movies/Hard Rock Hotel- Disney/Universal trip
June 2013 Coronado Springs -Star Wars Weekends
Old 01-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #1289
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

what up with the non activity

had to go look and make sure my subscription hadn't been deleted

I'm not going to get to do a WDW trip this fall as my father who has been talking about an alaskan cruise decided to take the plunge and have me make a reservation. (my step mom won't cruise and no one else in my family likes that kind of vacation so me and my dad have done one already and loved it) We're going Labor Day so that will take the place of my fall Disney trip. We had talked about a family trip out to San Diego this spring, so I was thinking DL/DCA but that is on hold. I'm going to Vegas late winter/early spring, than a work trip to Chicago in the summer and maybe that SoCal trip in August. So it looks like I'll be off WDW until next winter.

That being said right now I've got a reservation at POFQ for Feb 2014. My parents have talked about coming along so that may change to a Family Suite over at AoA, but I'm really kinda hoping to keep this reservation.

I always thought I'd be a Deluxe kinda girl, and don't get me wrong I totally dug my trip to Beach Club and would go again if the price were right, but I think POFQ is probably going to be my home resort. I just adore the setting, the price is reasonable, and the resort has so many individual features that are unique that I don't even miss the Deluxe atmosphere.

Can't wait...but I will so 300+ days and counting.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #1290
DisneyMOM09
Blessed to be in love with a man who loves Disney!

Thanks for posting the resort room layouts... it's nice to see which buildings have standard rooms since that is the category we will be booking! I am hoping for building four since we like to be close the the bus stops! This will be our first visit to POFQ after two wonderful visits to CSR, which I truly love, but have always been drawn to POFQ so we decided to give it a go now that it has queen beds! Thanks for all the great info on this thread and the port orleans website!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: