Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #1051
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
We will be staying at POFQ 1/28-2/7. We got the s/p/d discount. This will be our first time staying here. Actually it will be our first time staying anywhere besides Pop.

We are very excited!! I do not have a ticker since this is a surprise trip for the girls. We are doing Universal too, before WDW.
That's great! So the P/S/D discounts are valid for French Quarter too - that's good news as the room-only offers seem to be for Riverside only (unless anyone has been lucky with FQ on this?)

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #1052
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
That's great! So the P/S/D discounts are valid for French Quarter too - that's good news as the room-only offers seem to be for Riverside only (unless anyone has been lucky with FQ on this?)

Andre
Yes! I had a room only FQ res with 20% CAA (Canadian AAA) discount, and just switched to the new P/S/D at FQ. I priced out both FQ & Riverside, and FQ had the same exact pricing.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #1053
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I booked in Nov. 2010 for April 2012 trip which was then cancelled and moved to April 2013, so I think I booked pretty early! All I got was the 10%. I even called yesterday to see if there was a better AAA discount available or if I had a PIN code. Nope! The guy did tell me to call back toward the end of the month and then added, "but you know that cast members don't really know anything either," with a chuckle. So I'll be on the phone again in a few weeks.
Dunno . I booked in July. My friend also booked in July and got the 20%. I used CAA (Canadian AAA) but girlfriend is in Calif. and used AAA. We got the same discount. 20%. I did book with wdw reservations, not AAA.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Old 10-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #1054
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Will I love FQ?

I love POR, have had 3 stays there. It has become our fav moderate. But going to try FQ this trip for something new. I've seen the new rooms, a friend was staying there while we were at POR and thought they looked great. And looking forward to checking out Elliott's show.
And I'll be comfortably close to POR for my Pasta Bar fix .

Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 PM   #1055
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
FQ has a 5% discount for RO and that seems limited to a few rooms.

I also was able to apply S/P/D to my reservation, I ended up saving $800!
Old 10-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #1056
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Can someone point me in the right direction for requests again? Is it in this thread somewhere? I really need to get going on my final planning....
and I REALLY love those way out rooms in building 7..... BTW, is the room request process the same in every Dis resort? (staying at Pop for a night also,and like their 'far out' rooms in the back) Thanks!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #1057
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmamato2 View Post
Can someone point me in the right direction for requests again?
If there's anything you need to know that's not covered in www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php please let me know so I can add it.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-15-2012, 09:41 AM   #1058
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
If there's anything you need to know that's not covered in www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php please let me know so I can add it.

Andre
Thank you!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #1059
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

Arrgh! - Room requests not working

I'm trying to do online check in and there is no where to type in the room request.

It brings up a box that says limit it to 2 but there is no where for text. When I click submit it takes me back to the beginning and none of our info is in there - cc, address, etc - everything I previously entered.

How do you use the box to make a room request?

I did talk to someone directly at our resort and made a request - is that why I can't type one in now? I wanted to be more specific with the online request.

Old 10-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #1060
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys
I'm trying to do online check in and there is no where to type in the room request.

It brings up a box that says limit it to 2 but there is no where for text. When I click submit it takes me back to the beginning and none of our info is in there - cc, address, etc - everything I previously entered.

I did talk to someone directly at our resort and made a request - is that why I can't type one in now? I wanted to be more specific with the online request.

Online check-in has a couple of things that pop up, but it is not a place to make the requests; requests are attached to your reservation. When you called the "resort" number, which put you through to a central call center, where a CM pulled up your ressie and placed the requests on it for you. You were not talking directly to the resort.

You will be fine. If you want to modify it, call the number again and they will add it to your ressie.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:08 AM   #1061
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys View Post

I used online checkin last week. My only choices were close to main building/transportation and first floor. I only had a standard room booked. But it gave me no option to put in specific room requests. I had requested building 4 or 5 (yeah I know no standard rooms there anymore but it never hurts to try) so I figure I might have a chance, but we'll see.

Of course there was a computer foul up and I had to call and they gave me a direct website to go to instead of using the links on the WDW website. Don't know if that changes anything.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #1062
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Online check-in has a couple of things that pop up, but it is not a place to make the requests; requests are attached to your reservation. When you called the "resort" number, which put you through to a central call center, where a CM pulled up your ressie and placed the requests on it for you. You were not talking directly to the resort.

You will be fine. If you want to modify it, call the number again and they will add it to your ressie.
I called the direct number for the resort from the POFQ site by Andre and she answered it POFQ - I was verifying the shipping address and what I needed to do to ship water and packages.

FYI - she said to include the reservation # or check in date on the mailing label.

I'm hoping that is the actual resort # - I have it saved in case we need their lost and found.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM   #1063
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2twinboys View Post
I called the direct number for the resort from the POFQ site by Andre and she answered it POFQ - I was verifying the shipping address and what I needed to do to ship water and packages.

FYI - she said to include the reservation # or check in date on the mailing label.

I'm hoping that is the actual resort # - I have it saved in case we need their lost and found.
Do you mean this number, (407) 934-5000? That's a call center.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #1064
Eastern
DIS Veteran

I just called that number to make a room request and he told me to call back within 10 days of my check-in date. Don't they usually just add it whenever you call?
Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 AM   #1065
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern View Post
I just called that number to make a room request and he told me to call back within 10 days of my check-in date. Don't they usually just add it whenever you call?
Which number? If you're calling in advance then you should phone the main Disney Reservation Center number - i.e. 407-WDISNEY. If you're within a few days of arrival, call the resort number directly.

Andre

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: