Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #1006
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I would bring an extension
Old 10-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #1007
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

Woo hooo! Leaving today! Hope I get a great room!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #1008
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
Woo hooo! Leaving today! Hope I get a great room!
Safe travels and remember to come back and tell us your thoughts!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 10-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #1009
mabreu75
Earning My Ears

???? We hopefully will be booking our December 2-8 trip by Oct 30th!!! Just need to close on a house .
My questions are this:
A..There should still be rooms available in the FQ? I'm concerned because of the new Fantasyland opening :/
B..Once we get there we pay cash for everything will they be able to apply cash to the room card so we can use that at the parks?
C..Buses, say for instance we are in MK then want to hop over to HS..are there buses that run btwn parks or do we need to go back to the resort to catch the bus?
Thanks for the help!
Old 10-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #1010
mom2travel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabreu75
???? We hopefully will be booking our December 2-8 trip by Oct 30th!!! Just need to close on a house .
My questions are this:
A..There should still be rooms available in the FQ? I'm concerned because of the new Fantasyland opening :/
B..Once we get there we pay cash for everything will they be able to apply cash to the room card so we can use that at the parks?
C..Buses, say for instance we are in MK then want to hop over to HS..are there buses that run btwn parks or do we need to go back to the resort to catch the bus?
Thanks for the help!
I can help with "C" - there are busses that go park to park. Note that to get to/from MK and another park you will need to go to the TTC (by boat or monorail). Also, between Epcot and DHS you can take a boat or walk if you use the international gateway entrance of Epcot

CR Poly GF ASSp DLR
WL BWI AKL YC POFQ
Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #1011
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabreu75 View Post
There should be space left, but why not book it with Disney now (you only pay a one night deposit) so you're covered, just in case? You can always cancel if you change your mind or move your dates.

Quote:
I believe you can, yes. But if you really want to pay in cash then you can always just use cash anyway, it's accepted everywhere.

Quote:
Yes, there are buses between all the parks (but NOT between the parks and Downtown Disney).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #1012
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, there are buses between all the parks (but NOT between the parks and Downtown Disney).

Andre
I thought the only way from MK to Epcot was monorail (with a transfer at TTC)? I didn't know they had a bus, too.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:31 PM   #1013
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I thought the only way from MK to Epcot was monorail (with a transfer at TTC)? I didn't know they had a bus, too.
You could be right. I guess I meant you can transfer from park to park - personally I'd prefer to use the monorail from MK to Epcot, even if there was a bus! (same as I'd use the Friendship boats from Studios to Epcot).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #1014
minnie mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You could be right. I guess I meant you can transfer from park to park - personally I'd prefer to use the monorail from MK to Epcot, even if there was a bus! (same as I'd use the Friendship boats from Studios to Epcot).

Andre
I absolutely agree. Love the monorails and the boats.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #1015
minnie mum

Since today was our 180 day, I was up early and managed to get all of my ADRs (at the time I wanted), including BOG

THEN I had my coffee and checked my email

And what to my wondering eyes should appear? A PIN!!

Up to 35% off room OR Free Dining. But it was blacked out for our dates.

So after waiting on hold for 45 min I finally was able to talk to the sweetest and nicest CM who was able to slide our dates back 2 weeks (I just love the flexibility retirement has given us) and apply the discount. It will save us over $600 for our stay. We didn't have to make any changes for our room category, and my room request stayed the same. By the time I hung up, the changes were already showing up under my reservations!

Then I had to go back and cancel all of those lovely ADRs Oh well. Two more weeks and I'll be getting up at the butt crack of dawn one more time.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #1016
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
I absolutely agree. Love the monorails and the boats.
We've stayed at MK resorts since 1982 for the water launch boats! At EPCOT resorts we walk to the Studios...but when time for moderate, POR/FQ win hands down for the boats!

Quote:
Since today was our 180 day, I was up early and managed to get all of my ADRs (at the time I wanted), including BOG

So after waiting on hold for 45 min I finally was able to talk to the sweetest and nicest CM who was able to slide our dates back 2 weeks (I just love the flexibility retirement has given us) and apply the discount. It will save us over $600 for our stay. We didn't have to make any changes for our room category, and my room request stayed the same. By the time I hung up, the changes were already showing up under my reservations!

Then I had to go back and cancel all of those lovely ADRs Oh well. Two more weeks and I'll be getting up at the butt crack of dawn one more time.
For flexibility in retirement!!! I'm sort of retired - care for my 4 yr DGD everyday and although could go whenever, DD and her DH have inflexible schedules, which means we all must plan a year in advance...nevertheless, I manage a long weekend here and there!

Back to FQ with DIS friends over Marathon Weekend!

Happy planning...and fingers crossed for those ADR's!

Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #1017
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What were the dates for the PIN? I haven't called yet, but I really should.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:17 PM   #1018
scotas
Mouseketeer

I've been back from my first stay at French quarter for less than a week, and I've just booked another stay in january. Yes my hubby pretty much thinks I'm crazy, but in a good way. Absolutely loved the resort, we booked a standard room, and I loved the location. We were in building 1, just around the corner from the river, not far from the parking lot. I have a herniated disk that makes too much walking difficult, but I never needed more than my cane to get around all week.

We were staying with another couple and found we had plenty of space. The only struggle was for outlets, with 4 phones 2 laptops and a kindle I was glad we packed a power strip.

I used Disney florist for the first time, had the room decorated for halloween for my friends. She was so excited she cried, it was awesome. We had the coolest room around, according to the mousekeeper.

I loved the boat to downtown disney. Foodcourt was small, but I enjoyed everything I tried.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 10-11-2012, 10:44 PM   #1019
minnie mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
What were the dates for the PIN? I haven't called yet, but I really should.
The dates for the FD option were 1/2 - 3/7/13

The dates for the RO discount were 1/2 - 3/4/13, 4/21 - 5/22/13, and 8/11 - 9/28/13
Old 10-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #1020
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Did my online checkin today, but it was hard. Half the time my reservations would not show and then it would not show at all on the checkin link. I finally called and sat on hold for over 40 minutes so they could give me a different number where I waited on hold for a whole 2 minutes. LOL. They gave my a back door way to get into the online checkin process and it was easy peasy after that. Was given two request options. First floor and near transportation. I marked both so we'll see what I get. I just have a standard room reservation, so I'm hoping for 4, though I did ask for 4 or 5 when I made the original reservation ( got a garden view last year with a standard room but categories have changed ). Can't wait to get there. I have a RO the night before at AoA, so looking forward to trying the new resort but more looking forward to revisiting POFQ.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: