Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #946
Caboosey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
Is there bar soap, or is it bodywash? I know it's a stupid question, but I just love that stuff!
This stuff is important!
Old 10-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #947
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

I'm here now and although I really like the smallness of the resort I haven't been to impressed. Ice machine broken for days, the new Orleans greeter hasn't been here once, the beverage station and entire food area hasn't been kept clean at all and the staff isn't very friendly. Maybe I was just expecting more based on this thread.i would still stay here again though. Can't imagine staying somewhere like Riverside that is so large. Having an amazing time though. On the bus now heading to Via Napoli!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 PM   #948
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

I've only stayed at OKW, and they had utensils, bowls, etc.
Does POFQ have them?

Thanks in Advance!
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Old 10-02-2012, 07:17 PM   #949
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeJungleBookFan
Does POFQ have them?

Thanks in Advance!
No regular hotel rooms do not have kitchen utensils.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 10-02-2012, 07:25 PM   #950
Jacqui
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
I'm here now and although I really like the smallness of the resort I haven't been to impressed. Ice machine broken for days, the new Orleans greeter hasn't been here once, the beverage station and entire food area hasn't been kept clean at all and the staff isn't very friendly. Maybe I was just expecting more based on this thread.i would still stay here again though. Can't imagine staying somewhere like Riverside that is so large. Having an amazing time though. On the bus now heading to Via Napoli!
I was there last week and I am pretty sure that one of the greeters mentioned that he would be going on vacation this week. I do believe there were two greeters though. It's amazing what can happen day to day at the resorts, one day there was a woman in the food court waiting for tables to empty to clean them, the next day they were just so-so but nothing horrible. Hope things improve for you!!

DH DS DD
Old 10-02-2012, 07:30 PM   #951
Janed
Mouseketeer

How far in advance?

We just made the decision to plan a trip for October, 2013. We've stayed at FQ two times in the past and want to go back. How far in advance would you recommend making reservations? Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #952
kristinew
Earning My Ears

I just booked for October 2013 today!! I am hoping Free Dining is available for our stay but either way we are going!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:33 AM   #953
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

Quote:
I will be there next week. How are the buses???
Old 10-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #954
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janed View Post
We just made the decision to plan a trip for October, 2013. We've stayed at FQ two times in the past and want to go back. How far in advance would you recommend making reservations? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristinew View Post
I just booked for October 2013 today!! I am hoping Free Dining is available for our stay but either way we are going!
We just changed our Spring Break trip to October (12-19) at FQ... Haven't booked yet, but plan to do that in the coming weeks. I also have FX for FD.

I am very excited to see FQ in the fall... it was beautiful this last spring, so I can only imagine how it will be in the fall. I am going to have to stalk Andre's website to see if there are any great fall photos... If only my girls were off of school sometime in early December - I would just drool to be there for the holidays!

D~
Old 10-03-2012, 07:28 AM   #955
grandma3
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeJungleBookFan View Post
Does POFQ have them?

Thanks in Advance!
you can get some utensils in the food court
Old 10-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #956
PrincessDana
See missed attractions or revisit favorites.....decisions, decisions!!!
The Tag Fairies' popularity is a kick to them, too!! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lttlmc3 View Post
I will be there next week. How are the buses???
I am here now, been here since Saturday. Sunday morning was great to AK. We barely made it to rope drop to HS and MK on Monday and Tuesday despite being at the bus stop by 8 a.m. the MK buses have been kinda of crazy each morning, nothing for 20 mins, then 3 buses in a row.......

However we have not shared with riverside in the mornings, only during the day.

So kind of hit or miss.

Oh, and they are having hot tub issues. It had been closed down at least twice this week. Once it was too hot so they had everyone get out for a repair.

05/2014: It's been so long! Combined USO/IOA onsite and WDW!!
10/2012: Back onsite, POFQ, free dining again!
10/2011: My first extended family trip. 10 in all, 8 newbies!! Plus sneaking over to IOA to check out RPR and HP!
06/2011---Another quick trip offsite!
05/2010---Quick weekend trip to Bonnet Creek Resort with the "in-laws"...off-site was surprisingly okay. lol
09/2009 Saratoga Springs, one-bedroom villa, first free dining....grownups only!!
10/2008 All-Star Sports
10/2007 Coronado Springs.
10/2006 Pop Century
02/2006--My 30th birthday solo trip at Pop Century
09/2005 Polynesian
12/2004 Wilderness Lodge
10/2003 Coronado Springs
06/2002 Caribbean Beach
Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #957
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the disappointments. I agree with the previous poster who said things change from day to day. We love POFQ and just got back last week from an 18 night stay. Within our first few days we went to the pool to swim on our break between parks. We were there no more than 20 minutes when we were all cleared out of the pool and it was closed. Not sure why or when it started running again. Two days later, back at the pool and same thing happened. This time they actually said there was no power. Sure enough we went to fill our drinks in the food court and saw that the reception area was in darkness, as was the gift shop (they were still open and running but the foodcourt staff were explaining to some guests that they were unable to cook anything). We got back from MK to a pitch dark resort aside from a few sparse lights. It was hot in the reception area and the glass panels on the doors and windows were totally misted up with lack of air con. The next night we got back and there was a power generator with a huge bright light on it out the back of the entrance which ran until midnight.

The following day, all was back to normal and anyone arriving from that point would have had no idea of what was going on. So I guess stuff happens and sometimes you're lucky enough to avoid it and other times not.

We also enjoy the compact size of the resort and have to admit, the staff have always been super friendly so hopefully you just had a once off bad run of it.

Hope the rest of your stay is magical
Old 10-03-2012, 01:20 PM   #958
jeepwreck
DIS Veteran

we will be there 2 months from today
Hello my name is Jeff….. and I am a disoholic!
Me , (DW)Emily , (DS)James
Old 10-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #959
PrincessHeather'sMom
Closet Cinderella fan.

We'll be there tomorrow!

1999 Poly-MVMCP, 2006 Ft. Wilderness Cabins, 2008 POFQ, 2010 CBR-MNSSHP, 2012 POFQ, 2015 POR
Going on our 1st Disney Cruise in January!
Old 10-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #960
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

Thanks VICKI and GRANDMA3!
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: