Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 09:57 PM   #916
Minniesota2002
Earning My Ears

1st floor noise level

Thanks to everyone that responded to my 1st floor noise level question. Since the majority agreed that 1st floor isn't that noisy and less walking and stairs, I plan to stay with my original request for a 1st floor room near the main building.

Minniesota2002
Minniesota2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #917
jenniferyawn
Jenni the Pooh

Anyone check in before 9 am?

Hi all!! I read that you can check in as early as you like and they will hold your bags for you.. but I guess I'm just paranoid about checking in before 9am. We are staying nearby the first night and want to check in and hit the parks early Monday morning. Has anyone checked in at 7 or 8 am before?

1 darth daddy 1 magical mommy 2 crazy kiddos
1 goofy puppy 3 cute kitties 1 silly guinea pig
POFQ - 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012!
October 2007 - POP...October 2006 - ASM
jenniferyawn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #918
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
I can't believe the time has finally come. Telling my two kiddies tonight we are leaving for Disney in the am. Defiantly the hardest secret I have ever kept!!! I can't get wait show them how magical it is. My last visit was 8 years ago on my honeymoon. Woohoo!!!!!!
How fun!! I have done the surprise trip twice and it was torture keeping it a secret!!

Have a great trip and don't forget to come back to give us your thoughts!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Cinderumbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #919
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferyawn View Post
Hi all!! I read that you can check in as early as you like and they will hold your bags for you.. but I guess I'm just paranoid about checking in before 9am. We are staying nearby the first night and want to check in and hit the parks early Monday morning. Has anyone checked in at 7 or 8 am before?
We have frequently checked in that early. Occasionally our room has been available at that time. Other times not. We are always able to check in, get our KTTW, and if our room isn't ready we just check our bags with Bell Services. Then we're off to the park. They'll text you when your room is ready.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:24 AM   #920
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

When I did our online checkin it asked what the earliest time u would check in would be an I chose 7 am- not that it will be ready but fingers crossed
Old 09-28-2012, 01:10 PM   #921
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
When I did our online checkin it asked what the earliest time u would check in would be an I chose 7 am- not that it will be ready but fingers crossed
The check-in time just lets them know when you are going to need your welcome package. They don't do them all in a batch the night before, they are made up during the day and it may mean that yours might be prepared just an hour or two in advance of your arrival. That way, in most cases at least, they can make sure the room they are assigning you is actually ready.

That's the idea anyway, it obviously can't ALWAYS work if lots of people check-in at the same sort of time, but if they can give you your room straight away that's what they'd prefer to do.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 PM   #922
dfin
Earning My Ears

Walkway to por

Can someone tell me if there are benches on the walkway between POFQ and POR. My mom might need a place to sit on the way over
Old 09-28-2012, 08:24 PM   #923
jenniferyawn
Jenni the Pooh

Thanks y'all!!! I just did online check in and put early also!!! I cant wait!!! I also want to request building four if possible... One site said thw best thing to do is fax. I tried to put a request on the check in page but it wouldnt let me... Anyone had experience doing this?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #924
jenniferyawn
Jenni the Pooh

Well replying to my own question... Just saw some older posts saying to call! Will do!!!

This will be our fourth time at POFQ... I cant get my family to think abt another resort...they love it there!! So do I!! Cant wait!!!

Old 09-28-2012, 10:23 PM   #925
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

Transportation guide?

I've seen the sticky under transportation but that is for all resorts

Is there anything posted on getting from point A to point B specifically from POFQ? I would love to add route directions onto my touring cards - mostly for our morning ADRs at resorts and then getting to the parks.

I've recently read reports of bus waits in excess of an hour - that is one reason we chose FQ to hopefully have good bus transporation. I will have an ECV and I've read where buses may be full or drivers don't want to mess with them making the wait time longer.

This is our first time on property and I would love for it to go smoothly
Old 09-29-2012, 03:36 AM   #926
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfin View Post
Can someone tell me if there are benches on the walkway between POFQ and POR. My mom might need a place to sit on the way over
Yes there are, although be warned that some are also designated smoking areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferyawn View Post
I also want to request building four if possible... One site said thw best thing to do is fax.
Correct, fax is the resort's preferred option. Room assignments are handled by a single team for the combined POR and POFQ resort (they are based backstage over at POR in fact) and the Port Orleans team does read their faxes, despite what some people might say about other resorts.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:54 AM   #927
MrsMommaRN
Earning My Ears

Hello everyone,

I have booked our very first family vacation to WDW for June 3 to June 9, 2013. We are staying @ POFQ. Is there or are there specific areas you would suggest over others? I would love to stay in one of the Royal rooms we are booked in a standard. Are there tips on getting an upgrade? From what I have read so far the chance of an upgrade seems to decrease if you flat out ask for one. Does this seem to be true?
Thanks in advance for your help. I haven't been to WDW since 1994 when I was single. I want this trip to be spectacular.

Kimberly Jon Zane Zachary
MrsMommaRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #928
ctl
Mouseketeer

I think chances are slim for the Royal Room upgrade

The Royal Rooms are quite frequently booked way ahead of time and as your dates fall when school is out for summer, chances are slim that you would be upgraded, but no harm in trying right.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:11 AM   #929
karly05
DIS Veteran

Also, the Royal Rooms are at Port Orleans Riverside (POR), not Port Orleans French Quarter (POFQ).
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
karly05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:03 PM   #930
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

We've been back home for 5 days and I'm really missing my 'other home' at POFQ

I want to send a letter complimenting a few specific CM's from POFQ. I know I can use the general WDW address but I want something to go to the resort as well. To whom and how do I address this and is there an email option?

Thanks in advance

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: