Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #856
DizDragonfly
Oooh oooh! Can we take a poll? I love a good poll! Errrr wait, that doesn't sound right ....
I'm just glad I'm not being stalked by the TagFairy. That could be embarrassing!

I thought, given the recent posts about faxing requests, that some of you would be interested in this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPCShauna View Post
I handle resort guest relations, and deal with room request issues daily. The old method for making room requests was to fax them to the resort. The room assignment CMs have been instructed to ignore all such faxes.

If you are more than 2 weeks before check-in, call the reservation center to add your room requests. If within the 2 week mark, the best way to get your room requests added is to call the resort directly, and add them to your room reservation. As someone else posted, even if those calls go to a "Call Center", the call has to be transferred to the resort itself for those requests to be added to the reservation since call center staff doesn't have access to the reservation system.

The most important thing to remember about room requests is that they are requests, and not guaranteed, especially if you have a very long list of them. If you have more than one, list them in order of importance as we may not be able to fulfill all of them. Also, adding more than 2 or 3 requests max will almost guarantee that it will be unable to fulfill them all. Our room assignors work very hard to fulfill as many requests as possible, and they really are masters at juggling availability against incoming requests. They want to do everything possible to make your stay magical, but may still not be able to fulfill 15 different requests for the same room.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #857
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Absolutely fine. Try to explain a little bit why you're making requests though, to help out the allocators (for example they may assume you've asked for building 7 to get a quiet location, whereas actually it's your lucky number )

Andre
Thanks for all the good info BTW is it ok to ask for a certain number b/c I want a quiet location? I actually like being over there,closer to POR area too.....
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #858
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Online Checkin

The day has finally come and I can't believe it. It's online check in day.

I would love some thoughts, I paid for a riverview room (free dining) and I am thinking my first request would be buliding 5.
Now what are everyones thoughts on floor levels? I know it says you can make two request (I of course know these are not guaranteed) but I am pulled between two.

I always thought I would request a ground level room- easier with the stroller but my sister said people were having problems with lizards.... is this true??? Also, a ground level room would still be considered a river view, right?

My other thought/option was to request a corner view.

I would really appreciate anyone elses opinions or thoughts.

Thanks a million. I am soooooo excited.
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #859
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
The day has finally come and I can't believe it. It's online check in day.

I would love some thoughts, I paid for a riverview room (free dining) and I am thinking my first request would be buliding 5.
Now what are everyones thoughts on floor levels? I know it says you can make two request (I of course know these are not guaranteed) but I am pulled between two.

I always thought I would request a ground level room- easier with the stroller but my sister said people were having problems with lizards.... is this true??? Also, a ground level room would still be considered a river view, right?

My other thought/option was to request a corner view.

I would really appreciate anyone elses opinions or thoughts.

Thanks a million. I am soooooo excited.
I have always stayed in a ground floor room. Never had any problems with the lizards. Of course the lizards are all around, but this is a good thing, since the lizards each the bugs.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 PM   #860
BrownHP800
Mouseketeer

With a stroller ground floor is definately easier. Last time we were down we had ground floor and it was nice with the stroller.

The down fall of a lower floor room is that you have people (and toilets) above you. Generally its pretty quiet, but you definately notice the toilets flushing. If you happen to be below a room where you might have people are noisy or jumping around it definately could be noisy and just hope they don't do it late at night while you are trying to sleep.
BrownHP800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #861
Robin K
DIS Veteran

We just returned from 13 nights at FQ. We were in building 5 on the backside near the open area where the movies are shown. We LOVED this resort. We ate at the food court a few times..everything we had was good. We even booked for next year!
I am ready to answer any questions...ask away.
Robin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:09 PM   #862
tinkerbella16
DIS Veteran

5 days to go!!! Sunday morning I will be checking into POFQ, my beloved resort!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!

tinkerbella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #863
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I came back from POFQ on tuesday morning and I WANT TO GO BACK!!! I almost started crying on my last day when I realised that we were actually going home the next day! But everything was lovely! There was a powercut one day, so we couldn't get an evening meal at the food court, so we had to go over to Riverside but the window thingy we wanted food from closed at 11pm, so we only just missed it The hot tub was cold one afternoon when we went in, so I notified the lifeguard and they fixed it quickly enough.

We had problems using up our quick service and snack credits though. On the last full day we still had 26 snack credits left :P It was an easy fix though, as I'm a norwegian girl that lives in England, I just went to the Norwegian shop in Epcot and got chocolate for most of it We ended up leaving with 3 quick service credits left though. I was tempted to ask someone if they wanted some free food, but we had to make our way to the airport as we'd already spent too much time in the park.

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #864
poohpassion
Earning My Ears

We are leaving POFQ we will have about twelve bottles of water and maybe a few coronas if anyone wants them let me know before tomorrow night - cheers!
poohpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:16 PM   #865
poohpassion
Earning My Ears

That should say we are leaving Saturday the 22nd
poohpassion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #866
casey10
Earning My Ears

We will be there in two weeks !!

Just got our confirmation with Garden Grocer last night !!

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge in April and it was great, given the savings over a deluxe it is worth the trade off.

This will be our second at POFQ we loved it two years ago and the kids were so excited about being there again. We are psyched to be there again !!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:35 AM   #867
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Water

Ordering my water from walmart today. Does anyone know what page that info was on? What address I should use and what info is needed?

Thanks
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:22 AM   #868
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillianv29 View Post
Ordering my water from walmart today. Does anyone know what page that info was on? What address I should use and what info is needed?

Thanks
You should be able to find all of the information here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212
GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #869
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I've hit 29 days so I'm officially within a month of my vacation.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #870
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Can we hang window gel clings? I found some really cute Halloween ones and would love to put them on our window!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: