Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #466
deb93
Earning My Ears

We leave in just over a month for our first stay at POFQ. Working on the details to pass the time and wondering if someone can tell me what time the last boat leaves Downtown Disney to return to POFQ? We have dinner reservations in Downtown Disney and trying to figure out how much time we'll have afterward for shopping. :-)
deb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #467
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb93
We leave in just over a month for our first stay at POFQ. Working on the details to pass the time and wondering if someone can tell me what time the last boat leaves Downtown Disney to return to POFQ? We have dinner reservations in Downtown Disney and trying to figure out how much time we'll have afterward for shopping. :-)
The last boat leaves the dock at DTD at 11;00 pm and then stops at POFQ and then docks at the marina at POR for the night. However the buses run long after 1 am, often to 2 am.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #468
deb93
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
The last boat leaves the dock at DTD at 11;00 pm and then stops at POFQ and then docks at the marina at POR for the night. However the buses run long after 1 am, often to 2 am.
thanks! I guess I should have also asked, where is the dock(s) at Downtown Disney. We've never taken a boat there before.
deb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:47 PM   #469
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Trip is getting close. I finally got my return air fare booked... and I am so mad at myself! The dates I booked... I had a night on that I took off... I thought I wouldn't be able to get the return flight for that date. (plus dd didn't want to add on the cost) NOW we need that extra night and cant get it because it is no longer available. I just keep calling daily to see if there is availability... I have a feeling I am going to end up booking a single night at AoA for the last night.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #470
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb93 View Post
thanks! I guess I should have also asked, where is the dock(s) at Downtown Disney. We've never taken a boat there before.
It's by Rainforest Cafe.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #471
lisadisney2003
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
It's by Rainforest Cafe.
Is there also a dock on the West End?

POFQ - Sept. '12; Lake Travis, TX - July '11; Helen, Georgia - Nov. '10; ASMu - Sept. '09; POP - Sept. '07; ASMu - Sept. '05; ASMu - Sept. '04; POFQ - April '04; Off Site - Sept. '03; Off Site - Christmas '01; Off Site - Sept. '99; CBR - Sept. '94; And many more....
lisadisney2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #472
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadisney2003 View Post
Nope, just the one by the Rain Forest Cafe.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #473
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisadisney2003 View Post
Hello Fort Worth Diser. We are also from FTW, Bryant Irvin and Camp Bowie Area.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #474
slyster
Mouseketeer

my understanding is that the boat stops on the east end and you can get on another boat to take you over to the west end. We have reservations at House of Blues so we were going to take the boat over and then walk back to the pier to get back to POFQ
Old 07-30-2012, 03:18 PM   #475
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

I've just done something crazy and booked a tour as a surprise for my DBF I'm just wondering if there's any chance they might mention any tours we have booked when we check in? We're planning to do online check in, so I would asume they probably don't. Just want to make sure that my surprise isn't revealed until the tour actually starts

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
GirlDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #476
miami305
Mouseketeer

Hi, all! We stayed at POR 7/21-7/26. It is even more beautiful than the photos!

Biggest surprise: How peaceful and quiet it was! Amazing for such a big place! Never felt we were sharing the resort with a thousand other families.

Best tip: Ask a CM for directions to your room! It seems so easy, but twisty paths are confusing when you're tired and carrying bags. We saw at least one group everyday with the dazed and confused look.

Least favorite thing: The food court. Bleh. People rave over it and I can assure you it is grade school cafe quality! We decided not to eat dinner there. We had a problem with our room fridge and had to throw out some food. We received a resort credit and used it for breakfast the next day. Tiny portions. DH had steam coming out of his ears when our bill totalled $55. We're not pigs. This is how much it cost to get a basic amount of food. We ate at Cracker Barrel on our way home and our bill was $40 for a table full of good breakfast food.

The room: I was worried it would be too small. It was fine. Ample room for 2 rolling bags, full size cooler, and all our shoes. Beds were comfy and trundle was large enough for any child. Super duper bathroom fan prevents steam from entering the room. We all got dressed and showered with no problem.

The buses: Never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus at he resort or the parks. After all the bus horror stories, I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the bus system.

We loved this resort and would happily stay there again. Our younger two enjoyed the marshmallow roast and playground. Tranquil is the word I would use to describe POR.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #477
Lindy Loo
DIS Veteran

please can someone help me with an email address for reservations. we r from the uk and have done our online chk in. but wanted to ask a few questions. thanks xxx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 PM   #478
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami305 View Post
Hi, all! We stayed at POR 7/21-7/26. It is even more beautiful than the photos!

Biggest surprise: How peaceful and quiet it was! Amazing for such a big place! Never felt we were sharing the resort with a thousand other families.

Best tip: Ask a CM for directions to your room! It seems so easy, but twisty paths are confusing when you're tired and carrying bags. We saw at least one group everyday with the dazed and confused look.

Least favorite thing: The food court. Bleh. People rave over it and I can assure you it is grade school cafe quality! We decided not to eat dinner there. We had a problem with our room fridge and had to throw out some food. We received a resort credit and used it for breakfast the next day. Tiny portions. DH had steam coming out of his ears when our bill totalled $55. We're not pigs. This is how much it cost to get a basic amount of food. We ate at Cracker Barrel on our way home and our bill was $40 for a table full of good breakfast food.

The room: I was worried it would be too small. It was fine. Ample room for 2 rolling bags, full size cooler, and all our shoes. Beds were comfy and trundle was large enough for any child. Super duper bathroom fan prevents steam from entering the room. We all got dressed and showered with no problem.

The buses: Never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus at he resort or the parks. After all the bus horror stories, I was pleasantly surprised by the ease of the bus system.

We loved this resort and would happily stay there again. Our younger two enjoyed the marshmallow roast and playground. Tranquil is the word I would use to describe POR.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Disney Vacation.

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to July 2014 Disneyland Resort Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3238071

DD 14 ME 55 April 2nd --24 yr old - Issac --------------- Us To Disney ---------------
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
(July 2014 DLR - Hilton Anaheim Convention Center)
RHMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:28 PM   #479
kendo43
Earning My Ears

Me and my wife are going to POR in December 9-15. Do the boats back and forth from POR to DTD run year round? THANKS!
kendo43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #480
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
I've just done something crazy and booked a tour as a surprise for my DBF I'm just wondering if there's any chance they might mention any tours we have booked when we check in? We're planning to do online check in, so I would asume they probably don't. Just want to make sure that my surprise isn't revealed until the tour actually starts
Don't count on it. I had booked a carriage ride to surprise dh on our anniversary. We had done online check in but then when we spoke with the person to get our paperwork, he said, "And I see you have a carriage ride scheduled for the 23rd, don't forget that if you don't cancel with 24 hours your credit card will still be charged." That ended surprising dh. Maybe you could send DBF on an errand while you take care of check in.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: