Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 02:21 PM   #391
MJ6987
DIS Veteran

Andre - which is your favourite? POR or POFQ? And why? If you had to choose!!
Old 07-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #392
DisneyF4
Mouseketeer

We will be at the POFQ Sept 15, 2012. Thanks for all the info!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #393
GirlDreamer
DIS Veteran

Has anyone here tried the Disney Florist? I want to order something for my boyfriend to be waiting in the room when we come back from our first full day in MK. We've been talking about getting engaged for a long time, and agreed that we wanted to do that on our trip, and today he let it slip that he wants us to get engaged on our first full day which is in MK. So I want to surprise him with som flowers in the room just to say thank you for being such an amazing guy that has supported me so much through some hard times and as a celebration of our engagement. I've looked through their site, but can't really find much information. I think I remember having read somewhere on DIS that they come and set it up in your room while you're out playing in the parks. Can someone confirm that?

It would just be amazing to be able to come back to the hotel and surprise him with flowers that is already set up in the room

WDW CM: Feb. 2006 - March 2007 and Aug. 2008 - May 2009 Previous trips: Feb. 2007 (Saratoga Springs), Sept. 2007 (Off-site), Sept. 2010 (POP), Sept. 2012 (POFQ) Next trip: Disneymoon Nov 13th - Dec 4th 2014
Old 07-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #394
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
Has anyone here tried the Disney Florist? I want to order something for my boyfriend to be waiting in the room when we come back from our first full day in MK. We've been talking about getting engaged for a long time, and agreed that we wanted to do that on our trip, and today he let it slip that he wants us to get engaged on our first full day which is in MK. So I want to surprise him with som flowers in the room just to say thank you for being such an amazing guy that has supported me so much through some hard times and as a celebration of our engagement. I've looked through their site, but can't really find much information. I think I remember having read somewhere on DIS that they come and set it up in your room while you're out playing in the parks. Can someone confirm that?

It would just be amazing to be able to come back to the hotel and surprise him with flowers that is already set up in the room
Never ordered anything for our family but I did send something for friends who were taking their dd for the first time. I sent the one that had the cool Disney bag filled with all kinds of snacks. They said it was great.

It was very easy to place an order with Disney florist.
Old 07-15-2012, 04:38 PM   #395
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Love Port Orleans French Quarters

Disneyworld July 14th Trip Report

July 13th

Returned home from work at 3:00PM. Midori and I showered, dressed and moved the luggage to the driveway. Driver picked us up at 5:00 PM and delivered DD and I to the DFW Marriott, north of the airport. Checked in our room and went down stairs to eat dinner, fell asleep at 10:15 PM.

July 14th

Received a wake up call at 2:30 AM. Cleaned up, dressed and went down stairs for a breakfast snack at the Coffee Cart. Marriott shuttle took us to terminal A, Gate 35 for check in at 4:30 AM. Boarded the plane at 5:50 AM and settled down for the flight. Midori log in to the GoGo internet and watched you tube videos and chatted with her friends on her Ipad. Departed DFW 6:20 AM and arrived Orlando at 9:50 AM. Boarded ME immediately and drove off within 8 minutes. Dropped off Key West, Saratoga and arrived POFQ.

The check in lines were full so we were directed to check in with the Concierge. Kelly our agent told us that there were no more standard rooms available because they were sold out so if we wanted to stay at POFQ we would have to accept our free upgrade to a preferred room over looking the River / Garden. At first, when Kelly mentioned no rooms because of sell out I was nervous, then I listened to the rest of her conversation and then realized PIXIE DUST has been sprinkled, I was gleaming with smiles. We accepted and walked over to our room and settled in.

Wego Shopping called about 11:30 AM to let me know that she was at the front drive of POFQ with my grocery order. Met the driver, paid, tipped and walked back to the room with my order. Midori and I walked over to the food court and ordered Chicken Nuggets with F.F. And a Cheese Steak Sandwich, purchased a refillable cup and enjoyed our lunch. (Decided not to eat at Earl of Sandwich) no reason other than we were super hungry NOW!!! and wanted to eat.

Rode the bus to DTD to shop at World of Disney for friends of Midori. Purchased a Perry stuffy for Midori and then returned to the Resort.

Midori decided to rest and watch TV and chat on her I pad with her friends while waiting for me to unpack. DD fell asleep and slept until 9:00 PM. Woke up and said she was hungry. We walked over to the food court and purchased BBQ Ribs and Chicken Nuggets with Mac and Cheese. We placed our food at a table and walked over to the condiment station to get Ketchup and eating utensils. Ketchup was being replaced so I waited. 3 Cast Members walked towards me with a Cupcake and a Balloon and shouted to the 100's in the food court to join them in wishing and singing Happy Birthday to me. WOW!!! another dusting of PIXIE DUST. We sat down and enjoyed our meal and walked back to our room. DD wanted to change the color of her finger nail polish so I repainted her nails. We then settled down in our comfortable beds and watched TV until we fell asleep.

July 15th

I woke up at 4:30 AM and walked around the resort for exercise and enjoyed coffee on a bench over looking the river. Came back to the room to do my morning worship and now starting our trip report. Today is MK day with extra hours in the evening.

July 15th Magic Kingdom

DD and I woke up at 6 AM. Walked to the bus stop and the MK bus was already there. Arrived at 8:15 AM at MK gate and watched the welcoming show. Went to Space Mountain and the ride was broke down, got a fast pass for 10:00 AM, walked over to Thunder Mountain and rode it twice. Rode Space Mountain once and then got on the train for Tomorrow land. Tomorrow land is really nice and when they finish with the construction, it will be a site to see. Walked over to Space Mountain and got a fast pass for 3 PM. Our fast pass was expired at 11:20 AM and it was 11:45 AM and they still let us use it. Must have been because the ride was broke and the CM's was not enforcing the fast pass times. We were very hungry, our reservation for the Plaza was not until 12:20PM but were walked over to the Plaza and asked if we could get in, it was 12:00 noon. We were seated immediately and order DD and Turkey and Bacon Club, Coke and I ordered my regular, Potato Soup, Ruben and Iced Tea. WOW!! the food and service exceeded our expectation. After our meal the CM's came over to sing Happy Birthday and gave me a cupcake with a candle on it. We were sitting next to a family of 4 and decided to give out 3 PM Space Mountain fast passes to the 2 teenager girl's of the family. The family said thanks and wished us a good day.

We decided to go back to the Resort to rest so we will be able to keep up during MK's Magic Hours tonight. Walked over to the bus stop and waited a couple of minutes for the bus. Returned to the Resort at 2:15 PM, walked in to see our room cleaned and Birthday card on the table. DD and I fell asleep around 3:15 PM and now it is 5:30 PM. We'll probably go back around 9:30 PM.

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 07-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #396
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
I'd be interested to hear too :good vibes but my guess would be POR?
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 07-15-2012, 07:14 PM   #397
BlondeJungleBookFan
Looking for the Bare Necessities

Thank you ANDRE for the quick response on the Sprite Zero!
5th Cruise:
Gaither Gospel Cruise Westerdam Feb 2012
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Old 07-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #398
BlondeJungleBookFan

Laundry

Thinking we might need to do a load of laundry before we check-out for our cruise.

The web site says: Laundry Facilities/Services
•Dry cleaning and laundry service is available for pickup from the front desk.
•Coin-operated self-service laundry facilities are located throughout Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter

I searched this thread and found a reference to laundry by Madri Grogs. I don't see a map with that listed...so....could someone tell me where the laundry rooms are?? pretty please??
5th Cruise:
4th Cruise: May 5, 2011 Disney Dream Bahamas Trip Report ~ http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2718995
3rd Cruise: Sept 9 2010 Disney Wonder Bahamas ** 2nd Cruise: Dec 6 2009 Golden Princess to Hawaii ** First Cruise: Sept 2007 Caribbean Princess
Old 07-15-2012, 10:57 PM   #399
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeJungleBookFan View Post
Thinking we might need to do a load of laundry before we check-out for our cruise.

The web site says: Laundry Facilities/Services
•Dry cleaning and laundry service is available for pickup from the front desk.
•Coin-operated self-service laundry facilities are located throughout Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter

I searched this thread and found a reference to laundry by Madri Grogs. I don't see a map with that listed...so....could someone tell me where the laundry rooms are?? pretty please??
A laundry is near the pool area.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 07-15-2012, 11:15 PM   #400
Houston86
Mouseketeer

The laundry area is by the pool to the left hand side.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Many day trips as a kid grew up in Florida, 1995 CBR, 2000 Contemporary, 2008 POFQ, 2009 POFQ, 2012 POFQ, 2015 AoA
Old 07-15-2012, 11:22 PM   #401
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

I had a chuckle over an encounter with a CM today that I wanted to share. I had called to put a room request on our reservation (thanks to the helpful suggestions of Sue M, pwdebbie and hill6). When I explained that I wanted the ground floor, near the main building for mobility issues she said very sweetly "Oh, you don't want to be walking too far, let me see if we can't find a preferred room for you". At this I replied that I was talking about POFQ, not POR, but she said "Oh no problem- every resort has preferred rooms". So know it all me says "um, I think POFQ is the only mod that doesn't". She's still being enthusiastically helpful and asks me to just hold for a sec while she checks. A minute later she's back. Just as enthusiastic and cheerful as ever: "Thank you so much for helping me learn something new today!!" I just laughed a bit and told her she was welcome Long story short, I have my room requests, the CM now knows that POFQ doesn't have preferred rooms and we're all still enthusiastically cheerful.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #402
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ6987 View Post
See my sig... I'll answer in more detail over in the other thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlDreamer View Post
It's a lovely idea, but maybe you need to have a plan just in case it doesn't actually happen on the day you are expecting for some reason...

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-16-2012, 06:20 AM   #403
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
We'll be there from the 9th to the 19th.
Minnie Mum, you should join us on the April 2013 planning thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2904537
Old 07-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #404
Corrine 1973
What do you mean I am not a princess, don't you see my crown!!!

So I showed my DD some pics of the diffrent resorts that were in my price range for our trip next year. I was kind of leaning in on direction, but since the trip is to celebrate her 8th birthday I wanted her to make the final selection. Of course she liked the Royal Rooms at POR, but I explained that they were a little out of our price range and her brother might not like them. After looking at all the pics she decided she liked the rooms at POFQ the best. I am super excited about this since that is where I wanted to stay (stayed there in March and loved it). So I have officially booked a Standard room for May 26- June 1st, 2013.

I really dont want a room overlooking a parking lot so I was thinking about upgrading to Garden view. I was thinking about requesting building 4 or 6 (for the movies) with a cornor room. My DS has CF so I have been thinking about requesting a room close to the main building for medical reasons but am not sure it this is really needed at POFQ. What do you all think?
Old 07-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #405
BlondeJungleBookFan

Thanks for the quick replies about the location of the laundry!!
5th Cruise:
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: