Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #3526
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadheadmamma4 View Post
Does anyone know if they have a work out room I know I will get a work out but I need to get my daily me time in if not Disney doesn't mind joggerz around the grounds at 6 am do they?(pofq)
Nope, sorry. You can jog around the pathways at 6am sure (lovely time of day to do it, just as dawn is breaking) and there's even a suggested jogging trail, but there's no equipment room. Nearest would be at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 08:53 AM   #3527
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Nope, sorry. You can jog around the pathways at 6am sure (lovely time of day to do it, just as dawn is breaking) and there's even a suggested jogging trail, but there's no equipment room. Nearest would be at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs.

Andre
I have worked out for 20 years and the only time I don't is when I'm at pofq or if I have an injury . The river path is a nice walk and so many calories are burned just walking. On our first trip in 1987 it bothered me on the next trip in 89 it got easier and when we returned next I said screw working out I'm on vaca.. Muscle memory is. Beautiful thing . But there are resorts that do offer gyms if you must Gl. Enjoy Mickey lol
Register to remove

Old 09-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #3528
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Which route are you taking? There's a Super Target just off the SR417, and a WalMart a mile or so along SR535 (turn off the 536 just before you get to Disney).

Andre
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
I usually hit the Super Walmart on Vineland. Pretty easy to access, it was clean, well lit, the staff was fine and helpful (though I didn't need to ask any questions or use customer service so I only ever interacted with the cashier), reasonable prices, and familiar brands.

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/...338220&veh=seo
Perfect, thanks!

snykymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #3529
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

Is it preferable to request a corner room so that it is brighter? Or would it be too noisy?

We are travelling with two kids (8 and 4) in March and won't be swimming at the resort. I don't like too much walking to the bus stop/ main building because DD2 maybe sleeping by the end of the park day and we will need to carry her back to the room. Which building would be good for us?
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:54 AM   #3530
Eastern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie222 View Post
We are travelling with two kids (8 and 4) in March and won't be swimming at the resort. I don't like too much walking to the bus stop/ main building because DD2 maybe sleeping by the end of the park day and we will need to carry her back to the room. Which building would be good for us?

I would put in my request as 'Bldg 4' and/or 'near bus stop'.
Eastern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #3531
MrsB1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Is it preferable to request a corner room so that it is brighter? Or would it be too noisy?

I agree with the PP, building 4 is closest to the bus stop. Because of the smaller size of the resort, nothing is really too far out, although I'm sure it could feel that way when you're carrying a sleeping toddler, LOL. Have a wonderful trip!

Sept/Oct 2013 Dining Report: The Incredible Expanding Women - 14 Days On The DxDP - In Progress
Sept/Oct 2012 Dining Report: 14 Days of Gluttony AKA Doing Free Dining Again! COMPLETE!
My first Dining Report: It's Time To Eat Again?!? 10 days of free dining with pics! COMPLETE!

1985-2004-Many, many offsite visits; March '05-POP; Dec '06-POFQ; Aug/Sept '07-POFQ; Sept '10-POFQ; Sept/Oct '11-POFQ; Sept/Oct '12-POFQ, Sept/Oct '13-POFQ; Sept/Oct '14-POFQ
MrsB1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #3532
skriegerjr
Monorail Maven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie222
We are travelling with two kids (8 and 4) in March and won't be swimming at the resort.
No swimming?!? Your kids would love that pool! It's amazing and one of the things out kids, DS9 and DD5 request every time we plan a trip!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app

"Any review by me is based on my own personal experience and isn't necessarily indicative of similar experiences in the future, for myself or for other guests. Please use the review at your own risk, and know that it is worth exactly what you paid for it..."

skriegerjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #3533
Minnie222
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriegerjr View Post
No swimming?!? Your kids would love that pool! It's amazing and one of the things out kids, DS9 and DD5 request every time we plan a trip!

Sent from my rooted Samsung Galaxy SIII using the DISBoards app
We were at WDW this past March break and it was freezing cold. Many people, (like us), were under-packed for winter clothes and ended up buying at the park. We bought gloves, hats and fleece jackets, and other guests bought fleece blankets to wrap around in, while at the park. Hot chocolate was a big seller.

It was too cold to even think about swimming. Therefore we don't plan to swim in this upcoming trip.
We love swimming too. But March is hit and miss in weather that we will skip packing the swim stuff.
Minnie222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 PM   #3534
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie222

We were at WDW this past March break and it was freezing cold. Many people, (like us), were under-packed for winter clothes and ended up buying at the park. We bought gloves, hats and fleece jackets, and other guests bought fleece blankets to wrap around in, while at the park. Hot chocolate was a big seller.

It was too cold to even think about swimming. Therefore we don't plan to swim in this upcoming trip.
We love swimming too. But March is hit and miss in weather that we will skip packing the swim stuff.
How much room does swim stuff actually take? I'd pack it. More often than not it is warm enough to swim in DW in March. And if you have the swimsuits you can take a dip, or two, or three, or...

Yes you can get cooler weather, but it can be in the 80s or warmer too.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
NJRRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #3535
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post
How much room does swim stuff actually take? I'd pack it. More often than not it is warm enough to swim in DW in March. And if you have the swimsuits you can take a dip, or two, or three, or...

Yes you can get cooler weather, but it can be in the 80s or warmer too.
This---I'd rather have them and not need them than want to take a dip and not having anything with us! And don't forget there's a hot tub, too!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #3536
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Quite, it can be hit or miss - but there's no harm in packing swimsuits anyway, in case you arrive on a 'hit' day! We've swum several times in February.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #3537
westgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quite, it can be hit or miss - but there's no harm in packing swimsuits anyway, in case you arrive on a 'hit' day! We've swum several times in February.

Andre
But Andre to us Brits its always warm enough to swim! I remember our family having the whole of blizzard beach to ourselves one morning - the cast members were calling us crazy as we happily floated around the lazy river.

westgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #3538
peel
DIS Veteran

I'll be missing out on the Magic Bands by 6 days. Boo!

But, in 9 days I will be in my home away from home, so I'm not complaining too much!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #3539
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peel View Post
I'll be missing out on the Magic Bands by 6 days. Boo!

But, in 9 days I will be in my home away from home, so I'm not complaining too much!
I hear you. Missing it by 1 day! But got free dining and going to Disney. So I cant complain. called and asked split stay- loose 1 day of dining. i was tempted.
Talk about first world problems!
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:22 PM   #3540
nittanyliongirl02
DIS Veteran

Will anyone be decorating their window for Halloween?

We will be at POFQ from 10/1-10/10, and I fully intend to decorate our window! Look for us!
2007 (POP)* 2007 (CSR and MVMCP)*2008 (Disneymoon at CSR and MNSSHP)
*2009 (AKL and MVMCP)
*2013 (POFQ and MNSSHP)*2014 (POR)
nittanyliongirl02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: