Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #3391
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

The latest info on fridges is that the end-of-August batch must have gone mostly to POFQ, meaning that about 90% of the rooms at French Quarter now have working fridges. They expect to be at 100% within a couple of weeks.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #3392
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The latest info on fridges is that the end-of-August batch must have gone mostly to POFQ, meaning that about 90% of the rooms at French Quarter now have working fridges. They expect to be at 100% within a couple of weeks.

Andre
Woohooo! Thanks for the good news.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #3393
Finkerfell
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if Elliot Dyson is playing in Scat Cats Lounge?
Thanks!
October 2010-Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Sept 2012- Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
Sept. 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 09-04-2013, 11:46 AM   #3394
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkerfell View Post
Does anyone know if Elliot Dyson is playing in Scat Cats Lounge?
No, the current musician there is Tom Casey.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #3395
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
Wonderful news, thanks for the update. My sister and I check in on October 19th and were hoping to have a least one working fridge between the 2 rooms. Sounds like we both may have them so I can proceed with my Garden Grocer order as planned.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #3396
Finkerfell
Mouseketeer

ok, thanks Andre- do you know if Eliot will be back? Do you know what happened to him? My husband really likes him.
October 2010-Port Orleans French Quarter
August 2011-Port Orleans French Quarter
Sept 2012- Port Orleans Riverside
Sept 2013- Port Orleans French Quarter
Sept. 2014-Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 09-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #3397
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkerfell View Post
ok, thanks Andre- do you know if Eliot will be back? Do you know what happened to him? My husband really likes him.
Sorry, no, he's no longer with Disney. They let him go just before the recent lobby refurbishment a few months ago. Tom is the new resident musician.

Andre

Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #3398
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Andre
Awesome looks like we will have fridge then for nov 8 ck in ....now I only have to stress if POFQ will have MB for November.. Lol. Oh And for my knee to heal from surgery.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #3399
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry, no, he's no longer with Disney. They let him go just before the recent lobby refurbishment a few months ago. Tom is the new resident musician.

Andre
We loved Elliot to. We will miss him this trip
Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #3400
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:

Andre
I'm really sad to read that. I knew he wasn't there right now but thought it was temporary. Now I'm beating myself up because last trip we packed in so many activities and decided to forgo our resort evening one night for a park night because we figured we could just spend an extra evening listening to Elliot next time. I'm so sad now.

We will have to go 'meet' Tom on our next trip. I tried searching for some videos on youtube but I guess I need to give the peeps more time to get some posted.
Old 09-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #3401
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:

Andre
Awesome news, thanks Andre!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 09-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #3402
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:

Andre
Thanks Andre for staying on top of this and keeping everyone posted. Your diligence in this matter relieved some anxiety on a lot of people I am sure.
DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)
Old 09-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #3403
DisneyDreamersAreWe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Nope! I'm excited to have one more trip without the FP+ madness. I am really worried about how FP+ and my family are going to get along. We are not uber planners and don't even like making a ton of ADR's so I can't imagine that DH is going to be happy about having to chose ride times in advance.

I am going to enjoy this trip....with freedom. Then I will start wrapping my brain around all of this FP+ stuff for next years trip.
Hi there! DH and I are going to POFQ the day after Thanksgiving.

But something you said above scares me...
I know I haven't stayed up to date on the new tech that Disney is implementing. I've read up some on the Magic Bands they're using now, instead of the good ole' plastic cards. And I know a little about Fast Pass (although we've never had a need to use them before).

But what is this Fast Pass + thing? What do you mean by "...having to choose ride times in advance"? When we go to the parks, we just walk around and get in line for whatever ride we want to get on. I hope and pray you're not saying we will now need to get a reservation to get on a ride????? Like, making ADRs for dining now applying to rides as well? Sorry if I'm just being stupid.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #3404
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDreamersAreWe View Post
Hi there! DH and I are going to POFQ the day after Thanksgiving.

But something you said above scares me...
I know I haven't stayed up to date on the new tech that Disney is implementing. I've read up some on the Magic Bands they're using now, instead of the good ole' plastic cards. And I know a little about Fast Pass (although we've never had a need to use them before).

But what is this Fast Pass + thing? What do you mean by "...having to choose ride times in advance"? When we go to the parks, we just walk around and get in line for whatever ride we want to get on. I hope and pray you're not saying we will now need to get a reservation to get on a ride????? Like, making ADRs for dining now applying to rides as well? Sorry if I'm just being stupid.
Sorry to scare you!

But yes, that is basically what FP+ is. It gives you the ability to "pull" fastpasses 60 days in advance (by scheduling a "reservation"). I don't know all of the ins and outs, but apparently you are limited to 3 per day and only 1 park per day. There will still be a standby line that you can use and apparently the regular FP system should still be in place, at least for on-site guests. I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly how this will play out until it actually does. But that is the basic gist as I understand it.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM   #3405
DisneyDreamersAreWe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post

Sorry to scare you!

But yes, that is basically what FP+ is. It gives you the ability to "pull" fastpasses 60 days in advance (by scheduling a "reservation"). I don't know all of the ins and outs, but apparently you are limited to 3 per day and only 1 park per day. There will still be a standby line that you can use and apparently the regular FP system should still be in place, at least for on-site guests. I don't think anyone knows for sure exactly how this will play out until it actually does. But that is the basic gist as I understand it.
Okay, i feel a bit better now at least. Wow, thanks for the super-fast response!

So it sounds sorta like it's basically the old FP, except that you can get some (3/day) in advance. Being that it's so limiting, i'm assuming that these are mostly for the bigger, most popular rides then. I was thinking that I needed a FP+ ticket for EVERY ride. (Ha, stupid I know).

As long as they don't REQUIRE a FP+ ticket and they still have the plain ole' regular lines, I'm okay with that. (that IS correct, right?)

EDIT: No apology needed! It is all on me and my lack of staying current.

Last edited by DisneyDreamersAreWe; 09-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: