Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #3316
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe of ohio View Post

I don't think you'll miss a thing... We were deluxe fans since 1977....fan favorite was WL, thru our 46 stays, we've done every deluxe except Boardwalk...

Prices just got of hand for what we got, discounts became smaller and we gave POFQ a try 3 trips ago and have stayed there, the last 3 trips with a fourth coming up in October...

POFQ, for us is an undiscovered jewel in resorts...other than the outside corridors, it could be a deluxe... We prefer their food court over WL eateries... Queen beds, decent themed pool, compact easily walkable resort, boat ride to DTD ..
Nope, no regrets by us stepping down to mods, I must say, Poly rates are ridiculous, those rates don't even constitute a monorail stay... Nothing on the monorail loop is justifiable let alone the lesser priced WL...
I stayed at Poly & POFQ last year. Poly was nice but I can't count the monorail as a perk because there were so many maintenance issues! I'm booked at POFQ this year!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:22 AM   #3317
Restrasz
Mouseketeer

There were lots of autograph books in the gift shop when we visited in March. Loved the French Quarter and will be back next October. Ruth
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 05:56 AM   #3318
mjmkmom
Earning My Ears

We take sharpies and pillow cases instead of the autograph book. It's a nice souvenir that can be used.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #3319
NC Disney Fan
Live long Disney Lover and visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels on fire View Post
Anyone know size of the fridges in rooms please./am trying work out if can get all my sons meds/feeds in

Thank you
Hey, first, I don't know if you heard but they currently had to recall all the fridges at the WDW resorts. I just got a letter saying they had replaced about 40% of them. So, if you are traveling in the near future, make sure that you call and put in an actual request for the fridge based on medical needs.

Next, the fridges are decent size. I keep my lactose free half gallon carton of milk in ours. It has room for quite a bit more so it is bigger than a compact size but certainly isn't huge. We also have stored in their our starbucks bottles, some beer and various left over desserts. However, it is not so big as to put big leftover boxes in (at least not without having to remove other items). I hope that helps. If not, you can call Disney reservations and ask if they can give you the dimensions of it for a better picture of your space availablity than I just offered. I am sure someone has these dimensions. Good luck.

Me (46), DH (50), DD (13), DD (11)
2007 All Star Movies,2008 All Star Movies, 2009 Pop Century, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 All Star Movies, 2012 Pop Century
2013 Port Orleans French Quarter 2014 Nov. [/I]Port Orleans French Quarter

1971-2000 30+ visits (as I was a FL resident)
Old 08-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #3320
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Disney Fan View Post
Hey, first, I don't know if you heard but they currently had to recall all the fridges at the WDW resorts. I just got a letter saying they had replaced about 40% of them. So, if you are traveling in the near future, make sure that you call and put in an actual request for the fridge based on medical needs.

Next, the fridges are decent size. I keep my lactose free half gallon carton of milk in ours. It has room for quite a bit more so it is bigger than a compact size but certainly isn't huge. We also have stored in their our starbucks bottles, some beer and various left over desserts. However, it is not so big as to put big leftover boxes in (at least not without having to remove other items). I hope that helps. If not, you can call Disney reservations and ask if they can give you the dimensions of it for a better picture of your space availablity than I just offered. I am sure someone has these dimensions. Good luck.
Post # 3268 a few pages back has a picture of one. Looks like they hold quite a bit
Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 AM   #3321
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Do you know if they sell the character autograph books at the gift shop at POFQ? This is our first stay here and I know they did at the other resorts we have stayed at but just making sure????
Yes they do and you can also walk to riverside and use their gift shop as well . If I recall autograph books are along the back wall closer to the fridge area of gift shop
Old 08-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #3322
TSM
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the responses on the autograph books! Have to have one first thing in case we run into someone while walking into epcot that first day!!! Lol!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #3323
Pixiedust34
It's like I'm stuck in a music time warp
Hasn't touched an iron in over 10 yrs!
I love Target! Where else can you buy candy corn 90% off?!
My tags are getting dusty!

Do the new washing machines take regular detergent or should we pack HE Tide pods? Thanks! 5 days to go!!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #3324
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

30 days until POFQ!!!

It hasn't really sunken in yet, since this is my second trip this year. Plus, I won't be traveling with DH and kids, since DH gave me this trip with my BFF for Mother's Day! Doesn't seem real!! But can't wait!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Old 08-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #3325
MickeyMinnie1971
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinbutterfly View Post
Hello! We just switched from Poly to POFQ due to the significant price difference. We have always stayed at deluxe, but POFQ looks like a deluxe to me! :-) For those of you that have stayed in a deluxe and moderates, do you think there is anything I will be "missing" other then location?
I'm wondering the same thing. The Poly is our favorite resort, and we always stay there or BC. Most of our stays are at the Poly though. We want to add an extra trip in Jan. (we will be at the Poly in Oct), and the price difference is substantial. We tried CSR last year, and didn't care for it, but mostly because we had a terrible room location. I'm hoping since POFQ is smaller that wont be a problem.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #3326
TSM
Mouseketeer

I called the number today on the refrigerator letter I received last week and the automated message for POFQ is to press 2 and a recorded message came on and said that we WILL have a refrigerator at this resort. (our stay is Sept 14-20). There were still resorts listed including Riverside to press 1 to speak to someone but it sounded like POFQ has refrigerators in all rooms now????Anyone else try this today?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #3327
wdwguy50
7 Decades of "Goofying" around with Disney!

Quote:
I called the number today on the refrigerator letter I received last week and the automated message for POFQ is to press 2 and a recorded message came on and said that we WILL have a refrigerator at this resort. (our stay is Sept 14-20). There were still resorts listed including Riverside to press 1 to speak to someone but it sounded like POFQ has refrigerators in all rooms now????Anyone else try this today?
I threw away my letter. Could you post that number of you still have it. Thanks!
DCL Dream - Nov 11 (Make A Wish)
Old 08-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #3328
Dotsie
Mouseketeer

I'm here right now. This is our first visit to the FQ. So far I really like it. The lobby is beautiful, the grounds are lovely and the people friendly. We had lunch at Sassagoula Floatworks and was pleasantly surprised. I had the roast beef po boy with homemade chips. Really good.
Our room isn't ready yet we got here around noonish - was told it wouldn't take long but its 2:20 right now and no luck.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:28 PM   #3329
TSM
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwguy50 View Post

I threw away my letter. Could you post that number of you still have it. Thanks!
I'm back at work( was on my lunch hour) and used my home phone. Will post it when I get home
Old 08-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #3330
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
I called the number today on the refrigerator letter I received last week and the automated message for POFQ is to press 2 and a recorded message came on and said that we WILL have a refrigerator at this resort. (our stay is Sept 14-20).
I guess that may mean that the next delivery of fridges (due about now) is all going to FQ again? I can't say for sure, but I would trust a recorded message on an official Disney phone line far more than I would trust a random cast member's promises at the call center.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: