Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 02:45 AM   #301
RHMH
When I retire, I want to get a real job and work for Disney

Location: Born In (Setagaya, Tokyo) Now Living In Fort Worth, Texas

Happy 4th of July Everyone !!

DD's You Tube Channel --https://www.youtube.com/user/awesomecookie1010

Link to RHMH - July 2014 Disneyland Trip Report Thread -- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3302724

DD 14 ME 56 Issac 24
WDW 2002, WDW 2003, Tokyo Disney 2003, WDW 2004, Paris Disney 2004, WDW 2005, WDW 2006, WDW 2007, WDW 2008, WDW 2009, WDW 2010, WDW 2011, WDW 2012, WDW 2013
DLR 2014
Old 07-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #302
gregger
Earning My Ears

I love POFQ...the best IMHO

ME WIFE Daughter 13 Son 10
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #303
scotas
Mouseketeer

Just booked a FD trip here for the first week of October. We'll have 4 adults in one room. I have just a couple of questions.

Are there benches in some of the courtyards? My DH and our friends are all tv lovers and I like to read, so I figured I'll be wandering a bit after finishing at the parks to get some quiet.

I read a couple of posts saying they have pod coffee pots and someone else said keurig. My friend has to have her Dunkin Donuts coffee in the morning, so I was wondering which the machines took, K cups or pods?

I'm sure I'll think of a hundred other questions. I'm just so excited to be going. It wasn't looking like we would for a long time, but we found a way. We'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversaries. (DH and I were married in April, our best friends in October). Can't wait!!!

I knew i would think of more questions.... Has anyone been to the Scat Cat Club. I saw a brief mention of it, and can't seem to find any info at all. Sounds like it would be nice.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort

Last edited by scotas; 07-04-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: one more question
Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #304
NCDisneyMom
DIS Cast Member
That's me... a sympathy crier
I am a closet Saved By The Bell fan

Arriving at POFQ in just a few days, but it looks like I may have to do some work on my vacation (YUCK!)

Does anyone know if there is free wifi in any other areas of the resort besides the rooms? Figure if I have to work, I might as well at least try to get a decent view while doing it.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #305
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotas View Post
Just booked a FD trip here for the first week of October. We'll have 4 adults in one room. I have just a couple of questions.

Are there benches in some of the courtyards? My DH and our friends are all tv lovers and I like to read, so I figured I'll be wandering a bit after finishing at the parks to get some quiet.

I read a couple of posts saying they have pod coffee pots and someone else said keurig. My friend has to have her Dunkin Donuts coffee in the morning, so I was wondering which the machines took, K cups or pods?

I'm sure I'll think of a hundred other questions. I'm just so excited to be going. It wasn't looking like we would for a long time, but we found a way. We'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversaries. (DH and I were married in April, our best friends in October). Can't wait!!!

I knew i would think of more questions.... Has anyone been to the Scat Cat Club. I saw a brief mention of it, and can't seem to find any info at all. Sounds like it would be nice.
Benches -- yes. But some may be in the designated smoking areas. There are some along the river that are not DSA (at least there were in 2010) where I sat with a book, but I didn't get much reading done. Too nice to just sit and watch the water and the wildlife.

Coffeemaker -- Your answer is in the very first post. I copied it:
All rooms include: phone, TV, clock, small fridge (no freezer compartment), bathtub/shower, toilet, two wash basins, table & two chairs, air conditioning & ceiling fan, cabled internet access ($9.95 for 24 hours), small wall-safe, coffee maker (new Cuisinart dual-cup type, supplied with free coffee pods), hair dryer, iron & ironing board, clothes hanging rail. In mid-December 2011, FREE in-room wi-fi internet access was introduced throughout the Port Orelans resorts.

Scat Cat -- Elliot Dyson plays here. You can find some videos online to watch. We stay for the amount of time it takes dh to down a beer. Some people seem to be regulars and camp out there the whole evening. A few songs is an enjoyable amount of time for us to stay there. More than that and I think I'd get antsy. As for atmosphere, there really isn't any. It is sort of an extension of the bar area into the lobby, not really a closed off room with a club feel like venues in some of the other resorts. As you walk in the front doors of the main building, Scat Cat is to the left, fountain is in the middle, and registration is to the right. By day the area is extra seating for meals. At night it is set up for music.

Maybe you might want to reconsider the four adults in one room. Just my opinion.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #306
scotas
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info! I really tried to do everything I could to avoid the 4 people in one room, but the only other option was not go. Its going to be crowded and insane, but the good news is only one of us snores, and its me, so it won't bug me a bit. LOL. Being overcrowded at disney is better than having my space at home.

1998 off site
2005 Pop Century 50's section
2007 Caribbean Beach Resort - Jamacia
2008 Pop Century - 50's section
2009 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2010 Coronado Springs - Casistas 3
2011 Coronado Springs - Cabanas 9B
2012 Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Jan.) Port Orleans French Quarter
2013 (Sept) Contemporary Resort
2014 (Feb.) Caribbean Beach Resort
Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #307
Junebugwv
DIS Veteran

I stayed at POFQ after the rehab, but I can't remember something about the showers. Does anyone know if there are regular shower heads or are there hand held shower heads?
Old 07-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #308
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCDisneyMom View Post
Does anyone know if there is free wifi in any other areas of the resort besides the rooms? Figure if I have to work, I might as well at least try to get a decent view while doing it.
Yes, many of the common areas (lobby, pool side, porte cochere, bus stop) have Wi-Fi - and it's generally faster than the in-room signal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebugwv View Post
I stayed at POFQ after the rehab, but I can't remember something about the showers. Does anyone know if there are regular shower heads or are there hand held shower heads?
Regular heads mounted on the wall only. Unless you get a wheelchair Accessible Room anyway, those have lower shower heads which can be removed from the wall and used hand-held.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-05-2012, 12:29 PM   #309
Kona65
Taking it slow and easy!

Just how dressed up does the FQ get at Christmas Time?
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #310
JLJTheRaven
Earning My Ears

Very festive! We went in December of 2009 and the resort was decorated beautifully. It was a veritable winter wonderland with a Mardi Gras flair. We are returning the first week of August.

BTW, we are from NC. I saw a few Tarheels earlier in the posts. :-)
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM   #311
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLJTheRaven View Post
Very festive! We went in December of 2009 and the resort was decorated beautifully. It was a veritable winter wonderland with a Mardi Gras flair. We are returning the first week of August.

BTW, we are from NC. I saw a few Tarheels earlier in the posts. :-)
There are several of us on here that are from NC. Me included.
Old 07-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #312
Whereisalyssa
Self Proclaimed Princess

I apologize if this has been asked a million times... but does anyone know how long it takes to get from here to kona cafe at the poly? We have a 9:10AM ADR at Kona and are wondering the quickest route to get there/what time we should be heading out that morning to make our way over. we will not be taking a taxi.

thanks!!

Me(22) - Brother(19) - Mom - my DBF(21) - Boots(4) - Mittens(2) -

ICP Cast Member summer 2014
Old 07-07-2012, 11:28 AM   #313
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whereisalyssa View Post
I apologize if this has been asked a million times... but does anyone know how long it takes to get from here to kona cafe at the poly? We have a 9:10AM ADR at Kona and are wondering the quickest route to get there/what time we should be heading out that morning to make our way over. we will not be taking a taxi.

thanks!!
Quickest route would be bus to the Magic Kingdom and then get either the monorail or a ferry boat (if one happens to be in the dock when you walk past) over to the Poly. I'd allow at least an hour from the time you arrive at the Port Orleans bus stop to get to your meal.

But if you think how much your meal plus tip will cost you, is an extra $15 for a taxi wildly out of the question?

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 07-07-2012, 11:40 AM   #314
andapanda
Mouseketeer

Arrived at 7am today, and our room was ready! (we did online check in.) We are in Building 1 and it is such a short walk to everything - and everyone has been so friendly.

After visiting Typhoon Lagoon this morning, we went for a swim and had some beignets. They were great! We are loving POFQ
Old 07-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #315
mom2rose&john
Mouseketeer

Hi to all you POFQ lovers

Just booked out trip for Nov 25 - 30 2012. Hopefully we can add the Free dining when it becomes available. We are a family of four. Me, my husband and two children Roselyn (9yrs) and John (7 yrs). We have stayed on site twice before this trip. The first at POP five yrs ago and the second at Caribbean three yrs ago. I choose POFQ because of all the rave reviews on this thread. I like that is smaller and has the boat to DTD. We really loved the pool at Caribbean but we really don't think we will use it as much because of the time of year.

Look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Ann Marie
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: