Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #2971
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

Smile count me in on the Massachusetts late August contingency!

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry24b View Post
18 days for us, we are in Medford.
I'll be at FQ too in late August - and I'm also from 'inside 128!'
Old 08-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #2972
dani7776
Mouseketeer

25 days its so close but still too far LOL can u tell how excited we are =)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #2973
teacherme
Mouseketeer

Just changed to stay at PFQR from CSR in November. I need some advise, which building would you request? We would love something close to the bus stop and if possible close to food area so we can refill quickly. If I would like a ground floor room, should I request that also?
Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #2974
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherme View Post
Just changed to stay at PFQR from CSR in November. I need some advise, which building would you request? We would love something close to the bus stop and if possible close to food area so we can refill quickly. If I would like a ground floor room, should I request that also?
List your requests in the order of importance. So something like close to food court and ground floor. Or switch the order if you really want ground floor.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #2975
scard192
DIS Veteran

my sister and are hoping for connecting rooms and the request is in our reservations. I understand it's only a request but am wondering if our chances are any better if we DON'T use on line check in.
Thanks
Old 08-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #2976
pooch
I feel so special now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
117 days but who's counting
I am!!! And have exactly the same count!!!!

Old 08-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #2977
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
my sister and are hoping for connecting rooms and the request is in our reservations. I understand it's only a request but am wondering if our chances are any better if we DON'T use on line check in.
Thanks
Whether you do online check-in or not has zero affect on getting your requests met.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #2978
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Howdy fellow POFQers!

So after a few days to try and calm down (somewhat successfully, somewhat not so much, lol) It occurred to talk to you guys!

A bit of info - my sister is paying for almost all of this trip and I feel she is getting really ripped off b/c we picked the wrong resort. I want this for her. She's being totally cool about the whole thing. Me? Not as much, lol.

So - why no FD for POFQ? Has it been excluded before? What are the chances it will get it between now and October? I couldn't believe it was excluded.

We could of course try and get lucky and move to POR, but we don't really want too. We'd rather stay at POFQ.

TIA!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #2979
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagheera23608 View Post
So - why no FD for POFQ? Has it been excluded before? What are the chances it will get it between now and October? I couldn't believe it was excluded.

We could of course try and get lucky and move to POR, but we don't really want too. We'd rather stay at POFQ.

TIA!
Because they don't need to. POFQ is a very popular and very small resort. They don't have any issues filling rooms. Disney rolls out discounts, room only and free dining, to fill empty rooms. Even when POFQ is included in a room only discount, it is usually 5% when the other moderates are 15-20%.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #2980
lisalonglash
I have a thing for actors nobody else thinks are yummalicious

Quote:
Howdy fellow POFQers!

So after a few days to try and calm down (somewhat successfully, somewhat not so much, lol) It occurred to talk to you guys!

A bit of info - my sister is paying for almost all of this trip and I feel she is getting really ripped off b/c we picked the wrong resort. I want this for her. She's being totally cool about the whole thing. Me? Not as much, lol.

TIA!
Evidently, it is usually excluded from FD promotions - we were just super-duper lucky. I hope you are able to get it at POFQ!
Me and dh Ds#1(14yo) Ds#2(11yo)

September 2013 - Disney World w/FD (POFQ)
September 2009 - Disney World w/FD(ASMu)
October 2008 - Disney World (ASSp)
May 2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris (off-site in Paris)
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #2981
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

We have free dining for fq. However we got it booking bounce back last year. The resort is so small they don't offer many discounts.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #2982
karly05
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherme View Post
Definitely request ground floor if you want it. (My primary request is always "NOT ground floor.") Rather than requesting a building, I think the best advice is to request "something close to the bus stop and if possible close to food court." You're probably looking at Bldg 4 or 5, but if you just give a building number, you could be at the far end of that building away from where you want to be.
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #2983
Bagheera23608
Bagheera23608

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalonglash View Post
Evidently, it is usually excluded from FD promotions - we were just super-duper lucky. I hope you are able to get it at POFQ!
Really? Now, see, I missed that important fact back when researching which resort we were going to stay at! I researched when FD was offered and I didn't pick a value, so I thought I was doing pretty good. If it's been excluded in the past, I guess there's not much I can say, is there?

Does anyone else feel ripped off? I've been accused the last week of acting entitled. Now I deal with entitled people and I've never considered myself one, I just feel like we were arbitrarily excluded from a really good deal that just about everyone else got. It also seems VERY limited. With POR selling out of FD before noon, for example......

Sorry if post high jacking. I'm guessing I just really screwed up. We would have never chosen POFQ if I knew it was routinely excluded from FD.......makes me
Old 08-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #2984
teacherme
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Really? Now, see, I missed that important fact back when researching which resort we were going to stay at! I researched when FD was offered and I didn't pick a value, so I thought I was doing pretty good. If it's been excluded in the past, I guess there's not much I can say, is there?

Does anyone else feel ripped off? I've been accused the last week of acting entitled. Now I deal with entitled people and I've never considered myself one, I just feel like we were arbitrarily excluded from a really good deal that just about everyone else got. It also seems VERY limited. With POR selling out of FD before noon, for example......

Sorry if post high jacking. I'm guessing I just really screwed up. We would have never chosen POFQ if I knew it was routinely excluded from FD.......makes me
When I first made my res. in early June FOFQ didn't have any more rooms for FD so we booked at CSR for Nov. I just called about an hour ago and they had an opening for FD so we switched resorts.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #2985
deadheadmamma4
Mouseketeer

Pofq had fd for sept. we were able to get it. It seems like sept def had more choices. We just got lucky .
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: