Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #2926
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

just go to walmart and buy a visa gift card, they will accept those.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #2927
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Checked into POFQ today and received some pixie dust. I booked a garden view and got a riverview Glad to be "home" again.

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #2928
LucyBC80
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know when Christmas decorations usually go up?
Old 08-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #2929
pixiedustmomma
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyBC80 View Post
Does anyone know when Christmas decorations usually go up?
I know when we went the weekend after thanksgiving the Christmas decorations were up.

Old 08-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #2930
GaSleepingBeautyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Yes, there are no coin boxes at the POFQ laundry now, just credit/debit card machines.

Andre
Silly me but I'm kind of excited about this. That's one less roll of quarters for me to put in my carryon.

Connie

Not sure when my next trip will be

WDW: 16 family trips, 9 solo trips - resorts stayed at: offisite(6) AoA, AKL(2), BWI, CR (2), WL (2), CBR, CSR, POFQ (3), POP (2), POR (6) ASMo, ASMu
DISNEYLAND: 1 family trip, 2 1 day trips chaperoning
US/IOA: 5 family trips
Old 08-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #2931
fantayzya
Earning My Ears

Taking a bit of a break from lists and packing for a sec and since I'm not sure I'll get another chance before we hop in the car early tomorrow morning to make the drive (We're in Michigan so it's a LOOOOOONG drive lol) I wanted to thank you all and especially Andre for all the great and very helpful info on this beautiful resort. We've stayed on property several times and visited POFQ but haven't enjoyed a stay yet.

You've given me insight to it's less obvious treats and things to watch out a teensy bit for as well as keep my excitement level up while dealing with the more mundane aspects of a rather involved family vacation.

I can't wait till we arrive on property and I can feel my stress and blood pressure levels drop knowing I'm home again.

Thanks everyone!

March 1972-Daytrip from Bradenton, December 1994-CBR, April 1987-Hilton DTD,
November 1996-POR, April 1997-Disneyland, November 1999-Polynesian,
November 2000-POR, November 2001-AKL & Polynesian, May 2001-Contemporary,
July 2003-Disneyland, October 2009-AKL, August 2013-POFQ,
Old 08-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #2932
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Good thing I read that! That will save me a trip back to my room to get a card. I would have turned up with coins as usual! Anyone have a pic of this new set up? Is there a card machine for each washer/drier or are there a few 'central' ones?
Check page 140 post 2089. I was there when the changeover occurred and knew folks here would want pics.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #2933
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Any update on the POFQ refrigerator status? Thanks for all your info!
My aunt and uncle just checked in today and are furious with not having a working refrigerator. They didn't know about it until they got to their room and there was a sign on the refrigerator.

They are in building 1 on the second floor.

I told them to go to the front desk and see what could be done. They will be there for a week and have brought items with them that need to be refrigerated.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #2934
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Check page 140 post 2089. I was there when the changeover occurred and knew folks here would want pics.
Thank you so much for those pics! I must have missed them around the time you posted (I was packing up to move house around that time - it's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!)

I must make a mental note to be very careful what machine I am selecting I can't tell you how many times I have thrown my detergent and laundry into a machine, put the coins in and hit Start ..... and I'd put the cash into the wrong machine Then followed a scramble for paper and a pen to put a note on the one with detergent in it to warn the next person that it was there

So how are these more secure? Do you select your machine and pay, and then it releases the lock?
Old 08-03-2013, 09:17 PM   #2935
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
My aunt and uncle just checked in today and are furious with not having a working refrigerator. They didn't know about it until they got to their room and there was a sign on the refrigerator.

They are in building 1 on the second floor.

I told them to go to the front desk and see what could be done. They will be there for a week and have brought items with them that need to be refrigerated.
We didn't get a fridge either and we are in building 1

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
Old 08-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #2936
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

48 days till check in. Will be my third time at POFQ and I am excited. Have a pool view booked though I would prefer a river view. But since it's booked with the Military Salute discount I will take what I can get just to get back to my favorite resort.

Last edited by Lintasare; 08-04-2013 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #2937
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
While we all know there's nothing that they can do about the situation being as it is, I do feel that Disney World could have made more effort to communicate the situation to guests in advance. I know they can't get hold of every guest by email, but it does seem that they didn't really try.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #2938
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

This thread was great - thanks to all contributors as it helped me make up my mind to book FQ for the PHM in Feb.

I've never done a race before OR stayed in a WDW Resort in Orlando so feeling happy that I have a nice hotel for the money paid, and won't be one of the bigger, more he tic ones!!

Hopefully anyway
Old 08-04-2013, 02:53 PM   #2939
Ravenne
A queen is never late. Everyone else is simply early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
I'm planning to buy a Visa gift card at Walmart for laundry at WDW. I hope it will work. If it doesn't, then we're not doing laundry.

I'm sorry - call me paranoid or cynical - but I just don't trust unattended credit card machines (won't use RedBox for this reason). When we were at WDW a few years ago and gave our Visa for room charging privileges, somehow someone cloned our card and they were having fun in NYC while we were in Florida. So if they can grab our Visa from the check-in, I can only imagine what they can do at an unattended "laundromat."
Ditto! I might get a Visa GC for room incidentals too. The last time we went to WDW, we came home to a credit card bill with over $800 spent at Forever21.com. We don't have ANY ONE that would shop there. In fact, the one time I stepped foot into one of their stores, the friend I was with and I swore we'd never go back. Thank goodness the cc company took care of those charges, but it was sure a panic and a pain.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #2940
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
While we all know there's nothing that they can do about the situation being as it is, I do feel that Disney World could have made more effort to communicate the situation to guests in advance. I know they can't get hold of every guest by email, but it does seem that they didn't really try.

Andre
They could have at the very least told them when they checked in instead of letting it be a "surprise" when they got to the room.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: