Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM   #2446
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
Does anyone know how long it takes to get to each of the parks from POFQ via Disney transportation?

Also, does anyone know how early transportation starts running in the morning?
See the various FAQs, but basically travel time from (leaving the resort to arriving at park) is normally between 10 and 20 mins depending on which park (Epcot is closest, AK furthest).

Transportation starts at around 6:30am, but the regular every-20 minute service starts one hour before park opening time (including any Extra Magic Hours).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #2447
tony609
"I've Gotta Show To Do"

ok I was booked elsewhere and now after reading this thread, looking at the portorleans.org website. I'm addicted and just switched to this one. I am done my trip is booked and all is complete. I can't wait!!!!! Our first stay at POFQ.
9/07,10/08,10/09,9/10,11/10,9/11,9/12, 5/13,5/13,9/13,5/14

DL-5/05, 5/12

COMING UP WDW-5/14, 9/14

FASTPASS+ THREAD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-14-2013, 04:08 AM   #2448
Martyap
Mouseketeer

Made Final Payment....What's Next???

We are a family of 10 staying in three rooms at PORFQ. My reservation noted that we requested buildings 2 or 5 AND adjoining rooms. Is that location OK? Is there anything else I need to do directly with the resort before we arrive to have a better chance of getting any requests honored? Thanks!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #2449
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
Is there anything else I need to do directly with the resort before we arrive to have a better chance of getting any requests honored? Thanks!!!
Reading the FAQ in the first post would be a good idea, lots of tips there.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 • Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99 • Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 AM   #2450
3forWDW
Mouseketeer

Sorry for the repost, but was hoping someone else had experienced this or had some advice, so asking again.
I plan on faxing a room request to request a Building 5 room close to pool and river. However, I only reserved/paid for Riverview because Pool view wasn't offered for my dates with the FD offer and we really wanted to be center of the resort, close to pool, close to main building. Riverview would be great, but not the first priority So I also planned to put in the fax that if we can not be placed in a Riverview room in Bldg 5, we would prefer some "reverse" pixie dust and be put in a Bldg 5 garden view, or Bldg 4 standard view. If they are able to accomodate this request but we get a standard view, will they adjust my room rate? Or will it still be at the Riverview rate? I am hesitant to change my reservation (if there are even any rooms available) to a different "cheaper" view to save $'s then have to ask for pixie dust to upgrade to get in the area we prefer to have.
Will be happy wherever we get. Its DISNEY!!!

Offsite Oct 1991 (Honeymoon); Offsite Oct 2000 (1st Trip For DS (3 yrs. old); All Star Sports Sept 2002; Pop Century Sept 2005 (Evacuation from Hurricane Katrina Trip!!) Free Dining ; All Star Movies Sept 2006 Free Dining; Pop Century Sept 2007 MNSSHP & Free Dining; All Star Sports Dec 2008 MVMCP & Christmas Lights; All Star Movies Nov 2009 Thanksgiving & Free Dining; Port Orleans French Quarter Sept 2013 Free Dining

Old 06-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #2451
Sue M
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
Ok, I am going to opt out of the early arrival option of the room request form to try for top floor og Bldg 4, that seems to be the closest to transportation and the dining area.
We had top floor corner room in bldg 4 just across from food court. Best location ever!!! Garden view.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR

Next trip August 7-Sept 3 2014 Ft Lauderdale, Universal, WDW GF & GF CL
Old 06-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #2452
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

That's exactly where I am hoping for.
Old 06-15-2013, 04:25 PM   #2453
eeyore29
DIS Veteran Wanna-Be

Location: Mount Wannahockaloogie (a small mountain town near Allentown, PA)

Someone posted on a FB thread that their wife read somewhere that the food court at POFQ was going to be closed for refurbishment 11/30-?.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm hoping she found an article from a previous year...
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #2454
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Someone posted on a FB thread that their wife read somewhere that the food court at POFQ was going to be closed for refurbishment 11/30-?.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? I'm hoping she found an article from a previous year...

Not true at all. There are plans for maybe refurbishment in 2016, not before then. Maybe there was confusion with the Sports Food court?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #2455
rccllap
Who is this kid and why is he calling me Mom?

I'm staying at the resort now. I need to go ask another question anyways so if I can remember I'll see if they know.

Whoohooooo
Old 06-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #2456
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore29 View Post
Someone posted on a FB thread that their wife read somewhere ...
Must be true then.

Andre

Old 06-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #2457
karly05
DIS Veteran

3forWDW: If you paid for a River View and are placed in a lower view category (Garden or Standard) they should credit you the difference.

Now, I don't know how this works with a package where you've already paid. I had a room-only res at POFQ this year; had booked River View but they didn't have one available and moved me to Garden View. Since you don't pay your balance on room-only until you get there, it just reduced what I owed them.

(I only wanted River View because I didn't want to be somewhere smothered in trees that would feel scary to walk home to at night - this was my first "exterior corridors" stay. I ended up with a fantastic location in Bldg 5, 3rd floor facing the big lawn, just up the stairs and around the corner from the main bldg. It was awesome - or as my new friend Henry Hugglemonster would say, Roarsome!)
2013 - POFQ - Mardi Gras in the Little Easy
2014 - POFQ - "Eat Around the World" - Yes. Yes, I did.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #2458
Sundancer UK
DIS Veteran

I'm trying to do some POFQ research (does anyone else find planning difficult because the excitement butterflies get distracting?! lol) and I found this podcast:
http://podbay.fm/show/160064459/e/1297873458
It's pretty negative, which is at odds with all the lovely things I've read on this thread. But it's from 2011 - have things changed? Or were the reviewers being harsh or there on a bad week maybe?

I've decided I'm not a Disney fan as everyone thinks I am - No, I'm a Disney Geek!

I have a blog. I've posted a little. If people look I might be prompted to do more...

http://aurorasjoy.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 06-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #2459
Amunet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
I'm trying to do some POFQ research (does anyone else find planning difficult because the excitement butterflies get distracting?! lol) and I found this podcast:
It's pretty negative, which is at odds with all the lovely things I've read on this thread. But it's from 2011 - have things changed? Or were the reviewers being harsh or there on a bad week maybe?
I stayed in POFQ in 2011 during the summer, it was JUST after when they updated the rooms (so we did experience of the queen beds, not the double).

It sounds like this guy had an unfortunate experience, and is really just dumping it on the audience (in a professional manner). The dusty/dirty room is an experience that I think all Disney goes have had at one point, I had a similar experience when at AoA (seriously, no toilet paper?).

As for being put on hold for 15 minutes, I mean seriously, it's a Disney resort ... they're BUSY! It sounds like the lady dropped the ball like crazy for his request, though.
It truly sounds like it was before the remodeling, with how he is describing the room (ethernet hole is no longer a hole in the floor).

For the food court, people talking while he's trying to order? Yes, it happens during down times, CMs talk to each other when it's slower, but you say 'excuse me' and they help you.
As for omelet greasyness, well, it's a Quick Service meal, it is not on par with Cinderella's table, but I would eat eggs (my husband had the omelet) and we didn't have any grease issues (I freak out at too much grease).
They're complaining about a lot of stuff, and some of it is PORFQ fault (like the maitenence thing) and the rest is that he seems rather expecting a Deluxe resort at a Moderate.

I can't listen anymore, he just complains a lot and reminds me of many customers that call be at work.

I do have a trip report that is VERY different from his experience and as I said, we went AFTER the remodels of the resort: Trip Report

We had such an amazing experience that, going back as a larger family (5 of us, in 2 rooms) we are staying at POFQ

Past Disney Trips
Disneyland 1995 • 2005 • 2013
Disney World 2008 CBR (Honeymoon) • 2011 POFQ • 2012 AoA/POR • 2013 AKV/CBR
Disney Cruise 2012 ~ Graduation
Old 06-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #2460
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer UK View Post
Ah, that's the DISboards own podcast. Yes, it sounds like Pete had a bad day there. They went back more recently and had a completely different experience. Check out http://www.disunplugged.com/2013/02/...-orlando-show/ for the update.

Andre

Last edited by andrewilley; 06-17-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: