Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #2386
harry24b
Earning My Ears

76 days for us!!!
harry24b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #2387
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post
89 days for me. I'm so excited I can't stand it!!!!! Also I'm going stir crazy I have nothing left to plan lol
I know the feeling. For the first time I am not making any dining reservations and it's driving me a little nuts.
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #2388
OThopeful35
DIS Veteran

55 days til we are in the most magical place on earth!! I cannot wait. It's been a long countdown!!

POR~Aug 2010 (1st visit) POFQ Aug 2011 POP/POFQ Aug 2013
OThopeful35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:16 PM   #2389
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

134 days until Epcot Food & Wine Fest and Port Orleans French Quarter
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #2390
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to arrive last week of August!!! Our first time staying at POFQ and I'm so excited.

I've been going crazy trying to figure if I should put in any specific room requests. We have a garden room and I did request not to be on the first floor. I love to be close to the food and bus stop. But I also want to be able to walk over and check out POR (food court, pool, etc.). Then I'd also like a nice quiet room! So basically, I want it all!

Is it crazy to just leave it to chance and let them put us where they will? It seems the resort is so small that there really aren't any bad rooms. Or would someone disagree? Is there any area you'd avoid?

As a point of reference, we're used to the values--have stayed at ASMo, ASSp, and POP, all in standard rooms, and survived!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #2391
amandals2007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Can't wait to arrive last week of August!!! Our first time staying at POFQ and I'm so excited.

I've been going crazy trying to figure if I should put in any specific room requests. We have a garden room and I did request not to be on the first floor. I love to be close to the food and bus stop. But I also want to be able to walk over and check out POR (food court, pool, etc.). Then I'd also like a nice quiet room! So basically, I want it all!

Is it crazy to just leave it to chance and let them put us where they will? It seems the resort is so small that there really aren't any bad rooms. Or would someone disagree? Is there any area you'd avoid?

As a point of reference, we're used to the values--have stayed at ASMo, ASSp, and POP, all in standard rooms, and survived!
If that is what you are used to anywhere is good for you. The resort is so small compared to those that getting anywhere is easy. You are asking for a lot you can't be close to it all and the walk to riverside is a good walk probably 15 minutes. We stay in building 4 closest to the bus and food court. The boat launch is on the opposite side of the resort from there.
**5 visits off premise Disney World 96-00**Disney Land-01**Off Premise WDW-02**Disney Cruise Summer-03**Off Premise WDW -Summer 04**Friends Time Share WDW-Thanksgiving 05**Port Orleans F.Q. Thanksgiving-06**P.O.F.Q-Aug 07**P.O.F.Q. August 08**DisneyLand-May 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 09**P.O.F.Q.-August 2010**Disney Land-June 2011**P.O.F.Q.-September 2011**Disney Land-July 2012**P.O.F.Q-December 2012**P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2013**

**Next Trip-P.O.F.Q.-Sept 2014**
amandals2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #2392
4disneygenerations
Mouseketeer

Hey, Jellybass We are, myself, my daughter, her two daughters (17 & 9) and 2 girl cousins (14 & 9). This will be the cousins first time to WDW.

We have never had a bad stay at POFQ. As always we just can't wait, all the planning is done and now just the collecting of what we will be taking with us. I'm a major list person and love checking things off.

Best wishes for a magical vacation to all
Old 06-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #2393
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandals2007 View Post
If that is what you are used to anywhere is good for you. The resort is so small compared to those that getting anywhere is easy. You are asking for a lot you can't be close to it all and the walk to riverside is a good walk probably 15 minutes. We stay in building 4 closest to the bus and food court. The boat launch is on the opposite side of the resort from there.
Actually, I'm not asking for it all! That's the problem. I know I can't have everything. But one minute I want to be close to the bus, then I think it would be nicer to be closer to POR, and then I think it would be cool to be in a real quiet area, then maybe I really want to be near the pool or near the boat launch. It ALL sounds good! That's why I'm having a hard time deciding on one to request. I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!

POP-2007, ASMo-2010, ASSp-2011, POFQ-2013, POFQ-August 2014!!!!
mom2AidanAndEli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #2394
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I'm not asking for it all! That's the problem. I know I can't have everything. But one minute I want to be close to the bus, then I think it would be nicer to be closer to POR, and then I think it would be cool to be in a real quiet area, then maybe I really want to be near the pool or near the boat launch. It ALL sounds good! That's why I'm having a hard time deciding on one to request. I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!
That is what we do and have never been disappointed. When we were assigned building 7 I though we were going to hate, but in the end it was no problem. Figured out the short cut to the buses and that was really nice.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #2395
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
I think I'll leave it up to the room assignment gods and be happy wherever I end up!
That's what I think we are going to do. We booked a King room, and after looking at Andre's specific room category layouts, I think we have very good odds of getting a good location.

The only think I am confused about is that you can't book KING/RIVERVIEW, and all RIVER VIEW bookable rooms seem to be 2 queens.....so does that mean we could possibly end up with our King room being river view?

Really, out of all the King locations, there are only two that I would not want.....so, I think taking a gamble with the room assignment Gods seems to be the way to go ;-)

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #2396
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
The only think I am confused about is that you can't book KING/RIVERVIEW, and all RIVER VIEW bookable rooms seem to be 2 queens.....so does that mean we could possibly end up with our King room being river view?
Yes, the King Bed category 'trumps' all other room types - so booking a King Bed room could give you a view of the river, pool, garden or parking lot (and/or be in a preferred building if the booking is at Riverside). Any of the purple coloured rooms on my maps in fact. The only area that you definitely won't get would be the two Royal buildings with POR bookings. At POFQ, all of the King Bed rooms are also corner rooms, so no need to request that.

So book King Bed and put in whatever requests you wish, and keep your fingers crossed.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #2397
SnowWhite607
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Its not a long walk to anywhere in the resort from any room. We were in the back (7 I think) and it literally took us 5 minutes to the food court and bus stop. The walk to POR is longer but you can walk by the river and take a nice leisurely stroll. But POFQ is so compact that no room is a "bad" one. I was worried about it as well since we had stayed at POP a few times previously and had quite a hike to the room. I had knee issues (MRI, cortisone shots, etc) and was worried about the amount of walking. Not one problem at the resort walking from the food court, bus stop room, pool, nothing. Its a great resort and I really dont even think they have any preferred rooms.
1976-offsite, 1985-offsite, April 1986-AS Sports, 1990 - AS Sports, Dec 1998 - AS Sports, June 2005 with DD for the first time - AS Music, July 2006 - Caribbean Beach/Coronado Springs, July 2007 Poly, June 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Grand Floridian, Feb 2009 - Pop! June 2009 - Beach Club, March 2011 -Pop! June 2012 - Port Orleans FQ March 2014 - Mother Daughter trip - Port Orleans French Quarter
SnowWhite607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #2398
Clochette nordique
DIS Veteran

145 days for us.

Poussière de fée!

sniff, sniff, no ticker!

DLParis - Août 2017 ; DCL-Magic Greece - Août 2017
WDW-POR - Novembre 2013 ; DCL-Fantasy Western Caribbean - Novembre 2013
DL-Paradise Pier - Février 2012 ; DCL-Wonder Mexican Riviera - Février 2012
WDW-Poly - Mai 2011 ; DCL-Dream Bahamas - Mai 2011
Clochette nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #2399
farah
Mouseketeer

I have a last minute question. Do you know if the resort store sells half gallon milk and a small tub of cream cheese? I was going to order through garden grocer but we don't have $40 worth of groceries. Thanks!!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #2400
dani7776
Mouseketeer

82 days to our disney trip and can't wait !!!!! We just love POFQ
dani7776 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: