Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #2356
pooch
I feel so special now!!

DD joined

my brother and I one year. I asked when we checked in & was told to just stop by when she gets there. CM looked at my 25 yr old daughter and said "doesn't look at minute over 17 to me!!" and did not charge for a 3rd adult in the room, just gave her a room key. We then bought her a 3 day pass and she upgraded it to a Fl Res annual pass using her internship contract again thanks to a helpful CM, actually that one was a manager.

Gotta love pixie dust!!

Last edited by pooch; 06-04-2013 at 11:09 AM.
pooch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #2357
tink69
Earning My Ears

Can't wait to try POFQ!
tink69 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2013, 10:01 PM   #2358
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Okay, I am studying a map of POFQ and have a few questions for you.

We have booked a king room.
One of the most important things for us is being close to the bus stop.
Another is having a lower floor room ground or 2nd, as I have knee issues that stairs irritate.

I know my request should probably be one or other though.

Is the resort really as small in size as everyone says, so that walking to the bus stop, or boat dock is truly not an issue? What would you say are the walking times from point A to point B ?

Also....what about walk time over to POR for a dinner at Boatwrights?

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #2359
AuroraRora
Princess

I'm not sure about walking to POR, but in terms of getting to the bus stop, food court, boat dock etc, I'd say 5mins max regardless of where your room is. It really is a small resort - I had no problem running back and forth between the room and the food court/shops and I'm one of those people that usually hates trekking between the two to refill my soda mug and such.
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:01 AM   #2360
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooBoyz4us View Post
Is the resort really as small in size as everyone says, so that walking to the bus stop, or boat dock is truly not an issue? What would you say are the walking times from point A to point B ?
You can mention both of your requests, but make sure to prioritise which is the more important to you in case it comes down to one or the other.

The maximum distance from the very furthest part of POFQ to the food court is 350 yards (4 mins walk), and most rooms are a lot closer. There's a map in the first post overlaid onto the MK, and from one end of POFQ all the way to the other is only the same as walking from Space Mountain to the entrance to Adventureland. The walk from the POFQ food court over to Boatwright's is less than 850 yards (about 10 minutes).

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2361
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Hey Andre,
Do you happen to know how many requests are too much for POFQ?

My reservation is for a king room and these are my requests:
Building 6 1ST Choice, Building 7 2ND Choice, 2ND OR 3RD Floor with River View.
cmjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #2362
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmjensen View Post
Do you happen to know how many requests are too much for POFQ?

My reservation is for a king room and these are my requests:
Building 6 1ST Choice, Building 7 2ND Choice, 2ND OR 3RD Floor with River View.
Well River View is not a request it's a booking category, so no need to put that in as long as that's what you've paid for. So just ask for "Building 6, or otherwise 7. Upper floor". If you're faxing too, you could elaborate a little and explain why you'd like those locations.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #2363
cmjensen
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Well River View is not a request it's a booking category, so no need to put that in as long as that's what you've paid for. So just ask for "Building 6, or otherwise 7. Upper floor". If you're faxing too, you could elaborate a little and explain why you'd like those locations.

Andre
Thank you for your help.
cmjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM   #2364
MyMagicKingdom
Mouseketeer

We were originally supposed to be staying at POR from Nov 13-21 but garden view wasn't part of our free dining pin so we were switched to FQ (not that FQ is bad but I was super excited to start with Riverside and try FQ next time). Since the switch was just this morning I haven't had a chance to look through FQ rooms yet really. We were hoping to stay AB in Riverside...does anyone have any quick suggestions for us now? Thanks!
*June 2009 (Honeymoon!!!) ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)/The Polynesian (Aotearoa)/Disney Wonder*
*August 2010 ~ Pop Century ..... First time celebrating my birthday in WDW and DS' first WDW trip!!!!!!*
*August 2012 ~ Animal Kingdom Lodge....My bday (again!) and DS' first trip to WDW!!! *
*January 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach*
*November 2013 ~ Caribbean Beach...surprise trip for the kids!!! First MVMCP!!!! *
MyMagicKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #2365
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

First time at FQ coming up in August, can't wait for the Beignets!!!
Old 06-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #2366
farah
Mouseketeer

Just 2 more weeks!!! Yea!!! I have a question if someone could please help. On our last night we have car rental that needs to be picked up and the rental company will send a shuttle to pick us up. We will be at MK that day so would it be okay for them to pick us up at the Contemporary or do we need to go to our resort, POFQ? They will pick up at any resort but since we are not guests at the Contemporary, I wonder if it makes a difference? Thanks!
Old 06-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #2367
TooBoyz4us
Run! The Tag Fairies are everywhere!
Please stop licking your monitor. It's hard to clean the smudges off, and electrocution sounds painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
You can mention both of your requests, but make sure to prioritise which is the more important to you in case it comes down to one or the other.
Andre
Thankyou Andre !!!!!

9/1997 @ CBR...10/2002 @ CSR ...9/2004@WL...9/2009@ CSR......
11/2013 @ POR
TooBoyz4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:48 AM   #2368
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by farah View Post
On our last night we have car rental that needs to be picked up and the rental company will send a shuttle to pick us up. We will be at MK that day so would it be okay for them to pick us up at the Contemporary or do we need to go to our resort, POFQ? They will pick up at any resort but since we are not guests at the Contemporary, I wonder if it makes a difference? Thanks!
This is you being picked up by the rental company to be taken to their offices to collect a new hire car from them yes? I wouldn't have thought Disney would care, it's between you and your car rental agency where you arrange to meet. Make sure you give them a cell contact number rather than the hotel's number though.

Andre

Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #2369
Jellybass
Mouseketeer

I know FQ is extremely compact and there is no great distance to walk, that being said should I bother with a room request or are most rooms pretty good in terms of location, quiet, etc....
Old 06-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #2370
jkl2000
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybass View Post
I know FQ is extremely compact and there is no great distance to walk, that being said should I bother with a room request or are most rooms pretty good in terms of location, quiet, etc....
People seem to request corner rooms a lot (at least in PORS they do, I assume at FQ they do too). From the photos it looks like you get a slightly more usable "table and chairs" area in the corner room, as well as an extra window. I think people also request a ground floor room if they want to avoid stairs.

Probably some one here will give you a better answer (since I haven't even been there yet!).

Oh, read the section "Where are the best room locations at Port Orleans French Quarter?" here:

http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php

jkl2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: