Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #1
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,200

College Suite TV Stand - Purchase/Assembeled

My dd-a junior in college is in a suite this year.

They need a TV stand and my mom (karensi) told her yesterday that she
will purchase for her/roommates.

Is there a way I can purchase online and have it put together and the girls can pick up with a small truck/SUV?
Would a BestBuy do this or something similar.
They are in the Allentown/Leigh High Valley area.

Thank you very much!
__________________
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM   #2
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 7,081

If the girls are at all handy, I'd order the item to be delivered unassembled, and order the tools they'll need to put it together to be sent as well (if they don't already have a tool bag at school).

BTW, my son was in a suite two years ago, and it came with a tv stand in the living area. Do you know that there isn't one in their suite for sure?
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM   #3
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
If the girls are at all handy, I'd order the item to be delivered unassembled, and order the tools they'll need to put it together to be sent as well (if they don't already have a tool bag at school).

BTW, my son was in a suite two years ago, and it came with a tv stand in the living area. Do you know that there isn't one in their suite for sure?
Thank you.
They are not that handy but I guess they can ask their friends that are boys.
Yes, we moved her in on Saturday and there is no stand in the LV area and I am sure five girls would have noticed one by now LOL
__________________
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:24 AM   #4
megsoro
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: NJ & GA, USA
Posts: 136

Mostly anything from target/walmart will include the Allen keys. Amazon has a few too. IKEA has revolutionized flat pack furniture. Many manufacturers make it non handyman proof!
__________________
Trip Canceled- Planning again!
megsoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM   #5
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round
 
elgerber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 14,420

We just put this in my daughters dorm room, no tools required.
http://www.target.com/p/room-essenti...erm=wire+shelf
__________________
Erika
elgerber is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM   #6
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsoro View Post
Mostly anything from target/walmart will include the Allen keys. Amazon has a few too. IKEA has revolutionized flat pack furniture. Many manufacturers make it non handyman proof!
Thanks so much. I just looked and it seems that IKEA ships and will also look at Target/Walmart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
We just put this in my daughters dorm room, no tools required.
http://www.target.com/p/room-essenti...erm=wire+shelf
Thanks so much!
I am going to find a regular TV stand but the mesh looks great for their storage!
__________________
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM   #7
HM
A tag from the TF is better than a personalized licence plate
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Southeast US
Posts: 7,081

js- Was thinking they hadn't moved in yet. Yes, I'd think they'd have found it by now.
I hope you find something that works for you.

Last summer I bought a $25 coffee table (price is now $29) for my son's shared house from Amazon, that would work for a flat screen TV. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I don't think they needed any tools to put it together...just a matter of fitting the legs on, if I recall right.
HM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:21 AM   #8
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Washington, DC area
Posts: 8,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by js View Post
Thank you.
They are not that handy but I guess they can ask their friends that are boys.
......
Mom, seriously? That is really sexist; why didn't anyone teach your daughter how to use tools?
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #9
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
Mom, seriously? That is really sexist; why didn't anyone teach your daughter how to use tools?
I really don't need to explain BUT we have tried and my dh has tried to show her about the car but, like me, she just doesn't want to learn how to use them? Why, I do not know. I could also care less but guess if I had to I would. Hope this helps answer your question and thanks for asking I can also tell you if it wasn't for my dh, then really no one ever would have taught her to use a tool.

She could ask any of her guy friends or friends that are girls if they can help but I do know the girls and they will not be putting the stand together. Sexist or not, I believe they have enough guy friends that will help them carry the stand from the car and put together.
Thanks for the help!
__________________

Last edited by js; Yesterday at 01:23 PM.
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM   #10
js
Good things come to those who wait
Joyful Mommy, WISHer, cruiser
Wants to see Tinkerbell fly!
 
js's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Posts: 4,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM View Post
js- Was thinking they hadn't moved in yet. Yes, I'd think they'd have found it by now.
I hope you find something that works for you.

Last summer I bought a $25 coffee table (price is now $29) for my son's shared house from Amazon, that would work for a flat screen TV. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I don't think they needed any tools to put it together...just a matter of fitting the legs on, if I recall right.
LOL, I thought that was funny if I was making sure they didn't see it.
Thanks so much for the link! I appreciate the link!

She actually called me before and said that they were on their way to Target to buy something and hoped they can pay to have it put together or would find someone on campus to help them LOL I don't think she cares boy or girl just someone that can do it HAHAHA
__________________
js is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.