Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 04:26 PM   #31
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Well, I’m officially a pirate. Koala and I told Mom and Dad we were too tired to go play at the playground while they were swimming. As soon as they left, we snuck out and headed down to the Hospitality House. Lucky for us it was the shift change, so borrowing a boat was no problem. The great thing about boats is that they don’t have pedals so I can drive without a problem. Koala’s overalls came in handy and he was able to smuggle Dad’s phone onto the boat. I also borrowed Dad’s hat so we wouldn’t get pulled over by one of the lifeguard boats.

We headed out of OKW and thought we should check out Port Orleans. Here’s the French Quarter.

We had to pass under this bridge. Koala didn’t want to go because he was afraid the tree lady from Animal Kingdom was clinging onto the bridge.

I told him that there were probably just trolls living under there, so he was ok to keep going. He really likes trolls. Then it was on to the Riverside.

So far we had gotten passed by a lot of boats, but no one recognized us yet, so we kept going on to DTD. Good thing I brought my wet suit. It was so windy on the lake and water was splashing up all over. We came very close to a wet monkey smell episode and I bet it would have shut down DTD.

Koala wanted to see the big balloon up close.

We were thinking of reenacting Titanic with the Fulton’s boat, but Leonardo DiCaprio wasn’t available today. Koala screamed “ICEBERG” as loud as he could and then launched into a 10 minute edition of “My Heart Will Go On”. Even though he has a wonderful singing voice (not quite like Celine Dion), he was attracting the attention of the lifeguard boats, so I finally got him to stop.

I yelled at the dragon to look our way, but he just kept starting straight ahead. How rude!

We got some good pictures of SSR.

Koala forgot his hat and sunscreen and even though he has a lot of fur, he burns easily so we thought we better head back.

We took one last picture of the light house before slipping on our wetsuits and making our getaway.

We got back to the room just in time to stow our gear and download the pictures from Dad’s phone. Mom and Dad showed up about 5 minutes later—whew! That was close. I’m not sure how we will explain Koala’s sunburn…maybe we’ll have to get some Kool Aid to dye his fur later. No one will ever know!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #32
a742246
older than dirt

You are making me jealous.

Have a great time!!!!!
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #33
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Taking SSRMonkey and Koala on a trip looks like a lot more fun than taking some of those cranky human kids
Shazzasmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #34
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

We checked out Olivia’s here at OKW for dinner and then headed over to MK. As soon as I put my pass through the ticket reader, Pirates closed. I guess Johnny Depp heard I was coming for his booty—pirate’s booty that is. I tried to get in through the gift shop but they closed the back entrance too. I was really excited because I thought I hit the jackpot, but it turns out these were just plastic.

Koala and Mom found some great tips…

I’ll have to try these out the next time. To add insult to injury, they closed It’s a Small World too. Apparently they found out that I think the hula girls are hot. So, with my good looks, I asked a young cast member to give me some access to backstage areas.

We walked over to see some of the new construction. Again, no luck in climbing over the wall.

Koala wanted to sign up for some wrasslin’. Now he's on the hunt for a sumo wrestler costume--I told him it's not that kind of wrasslin', but he wouldn't listen.

We decided to check out the new Dumbo ride. It was awesome—the lights in the fountain below the ride are really cool. In the queue you can check out the Barnstormer.

I’m glad they installed the fountain below Dumbo—now they don’t have to shut down the ride for potty breaks for the elephants.

A view from Dumbo…

We decided to check out the carousel. Why did I get the only horse that talked back? He was not happy. I guess I wouldn’t be either if I had to go around and around all day and not get anywhere. Koala threw up three times in the minute and a half we were on this ride.

After a couple of castle pictures, we decided to head to DTD for some window shopping.

It’s so tall! Or maybe I'm just small.

After a bedtime snack of a pepperoni and cheese pretzel, I’m ready for some sleep. In the morning we’re heading to DHS. I better get my TSM arm stretched out!
Old 05-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #35
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Great updates! Looks like so much fun! I wish I was there!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:56 AM   #36
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

Great updates. Can't wait to show my boys all of your new adventures when they get home from school.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:57 AM   #37
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your tr!!!! Especially like your travel trips for the drive including the invisible wall!! We have a 14 yr old and 6 yr old and your experiences are eerily similar to theirs!!
kirstenb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #38
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

SSR Monkey - you have the best sense of humor! You really know how to have fun at WDW! Thanks for sharing your escapades. I love your t-shirt!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
BigEeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:52 PM   #39
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Today we got up early and had a big bowl of Lucky Charms and went to rope drop at DHS. I didn’t know that there wasn’t a big production at rope drop anymore. I wasn’t disappointed; it was just different than I was used to. Crowds were pretty light and it was nice not having to fight through tons of people to get to TSM.

We weren’t planning on getting FP, but they were only up to 10:10, so we thought we would get FP and then hop into line and get two rides in today. The first round was a good warm up, but I knew I could do better.

On the way to Muppet Vision we met Herbie.

The next time I’m planning a Salute to America, I know where I can get some supplies.

If I knew this was available I could stop making Koala fix my bananas every morning. I would hate to take away his blender time though…he really likes using the Ninja!

These definitely do make a statement on my face—I’m ready to watch the show.

You should hear Koala’s Fozzie impression. He tried a British accent today, but it just didn’t sound right. He’ll have to practice.

I thought I might find some more Lucky Charms under here. All I found was some dust.

After another awesome round of TSM (I scored over 200,000!), I met up with Mickey. I asked him where I could find the Mickey dressed up in a tux, but he pretended he couldn't hear me.

This picture was taken just before I tried to take his hat—then Mr. Incredible stepped in and out I went!

We headed out to the Olive Garden to get lunch. I made a mess while eating my spaghetti.

Koala picked out a new pin today for his collection. I love it!

Now I am washing up my tshirt collection and am either going to take a nap or head to the pool. I’m not allowed to stay in the room by myself anymore after security showed up last night and told Mom and Dad what I did while they were gone yesterday. Someone ratted us out...
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #40
a742246
older than dirt

I needed that picture of monkey and mickey. It made my day!
Thank you.

Long live the monkey.
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #41
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Hello SSRMonkey!! Looks like you and Koala are having a blast!! 43 more days for us! How is OKW compared to SSR? The resort looks really pretty. I've finally figured out that you don't live that far from me! home states that is! Love the pics and love the TR!! Can't wait to read more!!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 07:57 PM   #42
Chellymouse
Dis Veteran

Just found you on FB! I'm not on the computer all day at work anymore so at least I can see your updates on the BB!! Have a great rest of the trip! Can't wait to try one of those cake pops! They sound delicious!

[/IMG]
Chellymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM   #43
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

No napping for me. I laid out by the pool for a while. I couldn’t figure out why this little kid kept running back and forth from the laundry room to the hot tub. Then I discovered he was carrying cups of ice from the ice maker to the hot tub and then putting the ice cubes in one at a time. It can be really tricky to get that temperature just right. Maybe I should have offered him some bath fizzies from Basin at DTD.

After finishing up the laundry it was time for some Earl. I got grilled cheese and Koala had PB and J. I wanted a cupcake, but Mom said we would go to Beaches and Cream later.

Then it was off to Epcot. By the time we got in, it was about 8:00 so we walked over to Japan to see if we could get up on the balcony to watch the fireworks. There was nobody there so we wandered around a little bit.

I never really understood Pokemon—it sounds painful, but these guys looked like fun (and not pokey), so I posed for a picture.

If these plates were plastic I would be all over them, but glass and me don’t mix so well.

There were a few people starting to gather on the balcony so we staked out our spot and got some pre-fireworks pictures.

Here are some pictures from Reflections of Earth.

Then it was time for Beaches and Cream. I was so excited (and so hungry) that I forgot to take a picture of my hot fudge sundae.

Koala has been complaining for a year since I got a caricature, so tonight was the night—he got his own. The guy didn’t believe Mom and Dad that they really wanted a caricature of Koala—alone—with no humans. He just laughed and laughed and said that Koala has a lot of personality so he would be happy to do it. He even threw in a Penn State flag since Koala is such a fan.

This guy did such good work that my first caricature was embarrassing…

Seriously…that’s terrible in comparison, so we had to get mine redone too. I look awesome. I even have gorilla feet and Spike on my tshirt!

The artist was laughing the whole time and looked at the pictures a lot before putting them into the travel tube. I asked him if he wanted a picture of them, but he said no, the images were burned into his brain...I'm not sure if that was an insult or not. Who cares? We look awesome!!

It was such a great day today, I can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow!
Old 05-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #44
princessaloha
Mouseketeer

You are AWESOME! The best monkey a mom could ask for.
princessaloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #45
Shazzasmd
Mouseketeer

Your trip (and report) just gets better and better). Thanks for the chuckles.
Shazzasmd is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: