Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #16
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

HelenK--we are in building 54--the last one. Right across from the pool!
SSRmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:34 AM   #17
Harlemgirl720
DIS Veteran

Yay another SSR Monkey trip. How is the Fantasyland progress going. Oh and where did you take that shot of the rabbit's vegetables?

Harlemgirl720 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

You had a great night at MK. Can't wait to see what you are up to today!
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #19
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Harlemgirl--We didn't make it back to see the new stuff in Fantasyland last night. You can see that there's a lot of stuff going on though. There was a really awesome crane that I wanted to play on. I almost made it over the fence, but Mom grabbed my foot before I could make it. I even packed my hard hat just for this opportunity. I still have a lot of time this week though, so maybe I can get a picture of the castle from on top of the crane. Keep your fingers crossed.

The picture of the vegetables was in the queue line for Pooh. It reminded me of my garden at home, but this one had a lot less weeds. Koala has been slacking off on his weeding responsibilities. At least he makes up for it by helping with other things around the house.

Dad wanted to go to the golf store this morning and we passed this place.

I know that black lung is nothing to sneeze at (pardon the pun), but if I got a job here, do you think it would be hazardous to my health? And I'm not just talking about cholesterol, people. How does this even sound like it would taste good?

Off to do some exploring around OKW.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:02 PM   #20
iluveeyore
DVC Member - Disney is my second home!

Awesome report so far, can't wait to hear more. We will be there in 22 days and are doing the opposite -- we usually stay at OKW but will be at SSR instead. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 04-30-2012, 02:50 PM   #21
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

What a great day of shenanigans. (Iím trying really hard not say what I want to sayóanyone seen SuperTroopers?) While Mom and Dad were planning what we were going to do for the rest of the afternoon and evening, Koala and I decided to play hide and seek. I looked everywhere and couldnít find him. I was about to call security, but I finally found him outside.

I thought I saw Tiger Woods playing golf, but no, it was just some guy that looked like Tiger Woods. I wondered why he looked at my funny when I asked him for his autograph. The whole time I was thinkingóboy, Tiger really needs some work on his game. I was going to ask him if his Nike clothing line is so expensive because of all the alimony he owes. I guess itís good it wasnít him afterall.

We moved on to see some more sights.

I wanted to go for a ride, but my feet wouldnít reach the pedals.

About 9 years ago on Mom and Dadís first trip to Disney World together, I posed for a picture in a palm tree. This is my reenactment with Koala.

Please note this photo was taken right before Koala fell and got caught by the straps on his overalls. Itís a good thing they were there to catch him or he would have taken both of us out. Thanks Osh Kosh B'Gosh.

Weíre going to grab some dinner on the Boardwalk and then head into Epcot for the evening. I will be doing live updates from my Facebook page so you can keep track of my trip around the world.

http://www.facebook.com/SSRmonkey
Old 04-30-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

What fabulous pics of wishes you took or should i say mom or dad took. Those are some of the best pics i have ever seen. I would love to use one of them for my wallpaper on my lap top if that's ok with you. Also great pics of OKW. So how are yall enjoying it there? Is the beauty of the resort growing on you and Koala?? Can't wait to hear about your dinner and epcot tonight. i am following on FB as well.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #23
a742246
older than dirt

I need a picture of the monkey with Mickey mouse.......
a742246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
helenk
BL II - Purple Team>
WISH Biggest Loser/Blue Team
Loves Monk, and Peeps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSRmonkey View Post
HelenK--we are in building 54--the last one. Right across from the pool!
Thank you, how do you like the location?

Offsite 6/83,5/87
ASSP 7/95 & 11/08, GF 9/99, YC 11/01, WL 12/02 & 9/09 POR 9/03, POFQ 6/04, 12/04, & 5/06 POLY 6/04 & 12/05, POP 12/04, ASMU 7/05,10/07 & 12/07, AKL 12/06, CBR 5/07, CSR 5/08, SSR 11/08, CR 1/09, DLH 5/09, AKV 6/09, ASSP 10/09, ASSP&AKV 12/09, BCV 9/10, VWL 12/10, AKV 1/11 AKV/DCL 5/11 VWL&AKV 12/11, AKV 5/12,SSR 10/12, OKW 12/12, AKV 5/13, HHI 6/13,VWL 12/13, VCG 5/14, Hollywood Hotel, Hong Kong 5/14, AKV 8/14
helenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #25
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

Boardwalk was nice and quiet when we got there but seemed to get busy shortly after we arrived. We decided Big River Grille sounded good for dinner and opted to sit outside for a more authentic Boardwalk experience. And the truth is, itís easier for the waitresses to clean up after me when I sit outside.

I had grilled cheese, but Dad had some pecan crusted chicken. I really like crusty things so I helped him finish it off.

We went for a quick tour of the UK to see my buddy Pooh. The line was long and Dad was wearing a blue shirt so we didnít get our picture taken. (Note: In every picture Mom and Dad have of themselves with Poohówith the exception of 1óDad is wearing a blue shirt. Heís making every attempt to not have his picture taken in a blue shirt with Pooh this time around.)

We decided to check out some of the new displays for the Flower and Garden Show and checked out the new merchandise. I really like the Pooh display outside the UK and this squirrel apparently was enjoying some fish and chips. I think Rabbit probably would have chased him out of the garden.

I tried to convince Mom and Dad to bring home this really cool monkey, but theyíre right, my evil cat Chloe would probably eat it. So we just hung around for a while...and then the joint pain kicked in. I donít know how these young monkeys can hang around all day. I took some Aleve and moved on.

Being an orangutan has its ups and downs, but at least I donít have these huge gorilla nostrils.

I always enjoy a good head scratching.

After that we headed over to see Figment. After signing Koala up for the tickle testing lab, I discovered that thereís a new thing at the end where you can build your own Figment on the computer. I donít know why, but mine turned out like Clay Aiken.

After waiting for about an hour, we had our first Soarin experience of the trip. It was excellent as usual. Then it was over to Nemo. I think these flowers sort of look like jellyfish (without the stingers).

I chatted up some of my friends.

As you can see, Nemo was very surprised to see me (thatís the only explanation as to why his eyes are so HUGE in this picture).

Then we headed off to the World Showcase. This troll needs a shave.

Iím on a horse (thanks Old Spice guy)! Oh wait, itís just a giraffe.

After we made it the rest of the way around the world, we decided not to stay for the fireworks. It was pretty windy and I didnít want any secondhand smoke (even of the firework kind), so we headed out. I was hungry again, so we headed to DTD to Paradisio 37. I wasnít hungry enough for a big meal, so we decided on a couple appetizersóchips and queso and mac and cheese bites. So good.

Then we decided we should have a little bit of ice cream.

This is when Mom discovered that the mini cones make a really great shovel for sprinkles. It probably would have been best if she discovered this after more than one of the cones was gone. My Mom LOVES sprinkles and buys them by the pound at home, so this ďextraĒ serving of sprinkles was definitely not enough for her! She survived and was able to help us finish the cones. That fourthmeal was so much better than the one advertised at Taco Bell--added bonus: you're not in the bathroom all night after eating it!

We donít have a plan for tomorrow, so weíll see what happens in the morning!

Good night!
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #26
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

HelenK--we like the location. It seems to be pretty quiet and I like being close to the playground and pool.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:26 AM   #27
Cee
DIS Veteran

I love the SSRMonkey trip reports! I need to try those mac 'n cheese bites.
Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

TinkSS--feel free to use my Dad's firework shots. And yes, we are starting to warm up to OKW.

a742246--You're telling me! I hope to see him at MK sometime in the near future. Mickey in his tux is my favorite, but he always seems to be wherever I am not.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM   #29
Disney Princess
Member Since Day 1
I am just the "organized" one

SSRMonkey - You had a great day at Epcot. I loved seeing the topiaries from F & G. Thanks for sharing them with us. I hope you have a fun day today.
Disney Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:06 PM   #30
SSRmonkey
Mouseketeer

We went to Celebration this morning to look at some of the houses there. If only I had a few million dollars laying aroundÖ I picked out my favorite house and set up an appointment with a realtor tomorrow (Mom and Dad donít know yet). If I donít win the MegaMillions tonight I guess Iíll have to cancel. Or maybe since Johnny Depp and I are both A list celebrities, he will give me one of those treasure chests.

After leaving Celebration, we went to the Nike store across the street. I got me some pumped up kicks.

I really wanted to get the shoes that you can use that Nike + thing with so I could track my workouts on my iPod, but they just werenít as comfortable (or as stylin) as these shoes.

On our way back in to OKW I spotted some little monkey sized speedboats. Iím going to have to investigate commandeering one of those for an adventure. Letís just hope it doesnít end up like Gilliganís Island.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: