Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #3466
Orreed
Olivia

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post

What's a protected account? Does that mean only 'friends' can see it? Omg that is so cool! I get happy when people repin my pins, but I'm not that into Pinterest yet. I have a few boards. And I follow you tehe

Meg~ Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Yes, a protected account means the user has to send a request to follow you. Yay, I love my followers!

That moment when listening to a new song and trying to decide if you like it...

By the way cute bracelet!

Old 02-27-2013, 08:59 PM   #3467
disneygirl520
Disney: where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed

By the way cute bracelet!

thanks so much!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #3468
Disney~Cutie
DIS Veteran

by the way I made a new tumblr so you can follow me if you want because I need new blogs to follow (It's a personal blog)

http://arielsflippers.tumblr.com

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #3469
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie View Post
by the way I made a new tumblr so you can follow me if you want because I need new blogs to follow (It's a personal blog)

http://arielsflippers.tumblr.com
Followed!

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 PM   #3470
disneygirl520

I should probably start paying more attention in class... Lol
Old 03-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #3471
meggiebeth
Have faith in your dreams and someday your rainbow will come smiling through...

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520
My new bracelet came today. To infinity and beyond!
That is a beautiful bracelet. Although I am not a huge fan of toy story, so I'd get a princess phrase probably. Where'd you get it from? I've seen it for sale on etsy, loads of different ones. I love etsy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirl520
I should probably start paying more attention in class... Lol
Omg I love your handwriting!!! Haha lol I wish I had the guts to write something in class, I'm a goody goody lol

$5 A Day Means Disney MY Way! An October TR
~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,
MNSSHP, Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MVMCP all in one trip!~

Old 03-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #3472
meggiebeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer_mickey

I feel like what you said about Texas and California aren't necessarily true. Even here, we generally think about Texas and cowboys, but when I went there that wasn't really the case. Maybe it's more like that in more rural areas, but the big city I visited didn't seem like stereotypical Texas. Maybe you think of California being so glamorous because of Hollywood, but it's not all like that. I mean, I have family there who own a dairy farm... not too glamorous. Also, California and Texas are both huge states, so there's a lot going on.

To me, Florida has always been more of a vacation state, with so many theme parts and beaches.

The weather isn't the same everywhere. Around where I live, we do get nice, relatively mild seasons, but deeper south it's way hotter for longer and north it's colder for longer. I'm not sure about weather on the West Coast. We're out all summer, so that's not usually a problem. Most people here don't have pools in their yards, but some do. Most neighborhoods have a pool to join, though, so it's still easy to swim.

We can't cope with snow well either. School is closed even if it's less than an inch.
I know right. I stereotype a lot of things lol, I just do it automatically. To be honest a dairy farm is pretty cool!!! I just long to actually see an American flag again, I love how you couldn't drive half a mile without seeing a flag. It's not like that here.

It sounds heavenly having nice weather and lots if local pools to join...! Wow..... 'Yards'... Sorry I am fascinated with that word! Here we call it gardens! And I mean speaking of differences, I found the biscuit with sausage gravy that they served all over WDW really disgusting... I mean, biscuits are sweet and sausages are... Not! Lol

~Our 18 day trip to Walt Disney World. Deluxe Dining Plan, Keys to the Kingdom Tour,

Old 03-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #3473
meggiebeth

Awwww, this is my beautiful, adorable and loving wee fella, Oscar.

He loves balloons! He picks it up by the tail and here he is sitting waiting for you to notice him!

Do any of you guys have pets?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:30 PM   #3474
disneygirl520

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth

That is a beautiful bracelet. Although I am not a huge fan of toy story, so I'd get a princess phrase probably. Where'd you get it from? I've seen it for sale on etsy, loads of different ones. I love etsy.

Omg I love your handwriting!!! Haha lol I wish I had the guts to write something in class, I'm a goody goody lol

I got it from etsy and thank you, but my handwriting definitely does not look like that normally lol only when I take time to make sure it looks nice. I'm a goody goody too, but my teachers don't seem to care if I doodle
Old 03-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #3475
disneygirl520

March 1st means
St. Patricks day antenna topper, and
Snow white's cottage calendar page!
Old 03-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #3476
Orreed
Olivia

Oscar is so cute! Here is my dog, half Boston Terrier half Heeler, Annie.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #3477
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
I know right. I stereotype a lot of things lol, I just do it automatically. To be honest a dairy farm is pretty cool!!! I just long to actually see an American flag again, I love how you couldn't drive half a mile without seeing a flag. It's not like that here.

It sounds heavenly having nice weather and lots if local pools to join...! Wow..... 'Yards'... Sorry I am fascinated with that word! Here we call it gardens! And I mean speaking of differences, I found the biscuit with sausage gravy that they served all over WDW really disgusting... I mean, biscuits are sweet and sausages are... Not! Lol

Here, you only have gardens if you're growing plants or trees in your yards. Abd then it's usually only referring to that particular spot in the yard.

It's funny how words like that change in different places!
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 03-02-2013, 10:32 AM   #3478
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Awwww, this is my beautiful, adorable and loving wee fella, Oscar.

He loves balloons! He picks it up by the tail and here he is sitting waiting for you to notice him!

Do any of you guys have pets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orreed View Post
Oscar is so cute! Here is my dog, half Boston Terrier half Heeler, Annie.
Both of your dogs are cute!

I have a cat. She's a gold and white American Shorthair (I still remember what type of cat she is, even though it's very common over here). Her name's Salsa. I would put up a picture, but I don't have access to any at the moment.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #3479
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yeah, we call the little patch of our yard that we plant flowers in a garden. We would never call the whole thing a garden! I've never heard of this difference. I've heard of the ones like chips, rubbish, torch, lift, and flat. (Mainly from watching Sherlock and my one trip to England.) All the small language changes are pretty funny.

I absolutely love biscuits. Never had a Disney one, but they're a pretty big deal in the South. Especially with gravy. Yum! You should try one outside of WDW. Or maybe you're just used to them made a different way.

Your dog is so cute! I have a dog named Harley (she's a Rhodesian Ridgeback, so she's big, but super sweet) and two cats named Lucy and Zoe.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #3480
soccer_mickey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
Both of your dogs are cute!

I have a cat. She's a gold and white American Shorthair (I still remember what type of cat she is, even though it's very common over here). Her name's Salsa. I would put up a picture, but I don't have access to any at the moment.
I love the name Salsa for a cat!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: