Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Teen Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #3061
Disney~Cutie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings View Post
I'm sure a lot of people grew up with Disney. What I think the problem is Disney has become "uncool" and/or "babyish" to most teens, and I think some people might actually secretly like Disney, but want to be cool and so pretend not to like it.

Now, I don't go around saying I like Doisney at school, but for different reasons. I'm different, and I've had a history of bullying, and becaue I'm different and sometimes blunt people tend not to like me, and there's a lot of jerks at my school, so I don't mention Disney at school so as not to get targeted.
I'm really sorry for the bullying you've had to go through, because that really sucks. People can be so mean.

At my school, no one really teases me about Disney, because no one knows I love it I guess, well except for my good friends. I wear Disney shirts all the time, but no one ever brings it up. But if you saw my bedroom, you'd definitely know I'm a total Disney freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditz View Post
That sounds like a really exciting weekend. I hear Les Mis is really good.
Yeah, I'm excited! I was supposed to see it a week ago, but plans kind of fell through haha doesn't really matter though as long as I get to see it (:

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #3062
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

I hope to see it soon.
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #3063
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie View Post
I'm really sorry for the bullying you've had to go through, because that really sucks. People can be so mean.

At my school, no one really teases me about Disney, because no one knows I love it I guess, well except for my good friends. I wear Disney shirts all the time, but no one ever brings it up. But if you saw my bedroom, you'd definitely know I'm a total Disney freak

Yeah, I'm excited! I was supposed to see it a week ago, but plans kind of fell through haha doesn't really matter though as long as I get to see it (:
They can. Thanks for the sympathy.

Most of my good friends are outside of school, though one in school knows I like Disney, but only because I've known her since first or second grade. Same with my bedroom.
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Loki: "Well done, you just decapitated your grandfather."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #3064
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
I'm sure a lot of people grew up with Disney. What I think the problem is Disney has become "uncool" and/or "babyish" to most teens, and I think some people might actually secretly like Disney, but want to be cool and so pretend not to like it.

Now, I don't go around saying I like Doisney at school, but for different reasons. I'm different, and I've had a history of bullying, and becaue I'm different and sometimes blunt people tend not to like me, and there's a lot of jerks at my school, so I don't mention Disney at school so as not to get targeted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG View Post
GUYS STACEY AS IN TOP 7 MUST DO'S IN DISNEY STACEY FOLLOWED ME ON TWITTER BRB DYING

caps
GUYS TYLER IS MAKING ME REALLY ENVIOUS RIGHT NOW BRB CRYING

Haha not really...but really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meggiebeth View Post
It is nice to meet a boy who likes Disney! We need to advertise and get some more boys over here haha.

I didn't grow up with Disney as such, I just became obsessed with it as a teenager. I think it's a great thing to be in love with though, I mean better than Call of Duty and Halo and all those things. (That my brother plays non stop. Ugh.)

It does bug me when my parents think I'm sad or pathetic for liking Disney. They never say that but they do imply it sometimes. We live in the UK so aren't near WDW or Disneyland. We do have DLP but that is expensive and bad. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Quote:
Yup I'm a Canadian, so I love Canada, but America's pretty cool too. I've lived here longer. And I have American blood as well.

That's probably exactly what the kids at my school would do. Why people feel the need to be cruel to other people is beyond me.

Yes, I think if they could actually go and see what Disney really is, then more people may like it.

That must suck. I've been disappointed by the lack of Brave things for adults. I saw it this summer and fell in love with it. It's become one of my obsessions, I even dyed my hair red. So I bet it sucks to have almost everything limited to kids.
Quote:
You're CANADIAN!!! Sorry lol, I have never met a Canadian before. You're quite similar to America though I am guessing.

People at my school go round beating eachother up and all sorts. They also throw drinks at you. I feel like I'm in a zoo- kinda really out of place. So best not stand out.

That's really adventurous dying your hair red! You must be obsessed with Brave to actually be that brave! My dad is Scottish and I'm half Scottish so we all love Brave too! You'll have to come to Scotland sometime, it looks just as amazing as the movie!

There's actually an 'Art of Brave' book that I was going to get. That's aimed at adults but the rest... I'm with you... For kids

Hope you had a good Christmas btw. It's sad that we are taking down our decorations this weekend. The Easter stuff is already in the supermarkets, 4 months early!

Oh my goodness, you guys make me feel so strange. EVERYONE at my school knows that I love Disney. It is like my 'trademark' or whatever. Like, I created a holiday at my school-National Disney Princess Week and like a HUNDRED people participated last year! And for Christmas I am bombarded with Disney souvenirs every year. And any time someone I even BARELY know goes to Disney, they bring me back something just because they know how obsessed I am. It definitely annoys a few people, but for the most part people just laugh and say, "Oh, Abby!"

~Abbs/Abby

Follow me on twitter: @___hardy (that's three underscores by the way)

"We can just lay back and look at the stars." -Lady Sybil Crawley

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #3065
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionKingDramaQueen View Post

Aww, I'm really sorry. Abby. Why don't you try asking like I said? If you want, I can.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #3066
TylerFG
Trust me. I'm a doctor.

Quote:
It is nice to meet a boy who likes Disney! We need to advertise and get some more boys over here haha.

I didn't grow up with Disney as such, I just became obsessed with it as a teenager. I think it's a great thing to be in love with though, I mean better than Call of Duty and Halo and all those things. (That my brother plays non stop. Ugh.)

It does bug me when my parents think I'm sad or pathetic for liking Disney. They never say that but they do imply it sometimes. We live in the UK so aren't near WDW or Disneyland. We do have DLP but that is expensive and bad. Lol

I remember seeing Walt Disney World in one of those Sing Along videos and always wanting to go there when I was very little. Now, i've been there at least 6 times, and hopefully more in the future.

https://twitter.com/#!/TylerFG
Old 01-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #3067
Disney~Cutie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh my goodness, you guys make me feel so strange. EVERYONE at my school knows that I love Disney. It is like my 'trademark' or whatever. Like, I created a holiday at my school-National Disney Princess Week and like a HUNDRED people participated last year! And for Christmas I am bombarded with Disney souvenirs every year. And any time someone I even BARELY know goes to Disney, they bring me back something just because they know how obsessed I am. It definitely annoys a few people, but for the most part people just laugh and say, "Oh, Abby!"
Wow that's so lucky. I don't think people in my school would ever be that friendly omg
But for my birthday this year (well, technically last year now) my best friend got me ALL Disney princess stuff. It was awesome!
And next Halloween a huge group of friends and I are going to go as different Disney princesses (hopefully)

You'll love me at once, the way you did once upon a dream.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #3068
Fairywings
"Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We all have both light and dark inside of us. What matters is the part you choose to act on. That's who you really are." - Sirius Black

Location: I transition between Avengers Tower, the X-Mansion, Hogwarts and Camp Half-Blood

Quote:

You are so LUCKY. I'd probably participate in your Disney Princess week if I could. I'm just not willing to deal with the consenquences of making my Disney love public. I'm already seen as weird. And all of the Disney stuff from people is awesome. Where do you put it all?
All that is gold does not glitter/Not all those who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost/From the ashes a fire shall be woken/A light from the shadows shall spring/Renewed shall be blade that was broken/The crownless again shall be king - LOTR

I am Wings, AKA Perry, Ravenclaw Chaser, Avenger, X-Man, agent of SHIELD, member of the Fellowship of the Ring, fairy, mermaid, pirate, princess, warrior, demigod, Divergent, and the cool smart aunt of the Post Wastin' family
Coulson:"Because nothing bad ever happens when you work with something called the DarkForce."
Hill: “Sir, evacuation may be futile.” Fury: “We should tell them to go back to sleep?”
Thor: "Mother wouldn't want us to fight." Loki: "Well, she wouldn't exactly be surprised."
Rogers: “Doctor Banner… now might be a good time to get angry.” Banner: “That’s my secret, Cap… I’m always angry.”
Red Skull: ”Ah. He resented my genius and tried to deny me what was rightfully mine, but he gave you everything. So, what made you so special?” Rogers: ”Nothing. I’m just a kid from Brooklyn.”
Stark: "The Avengers. It's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. "Earth's Mighiest Heroes" type thing."
Thor: "We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Loki: "I remember a shadow, living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss, I who was and should be king!"
Natasha: "This is just like Budapest all over again." Barton: "You and I remember Budapest very differently."
Loki: "Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?" Natasha: "Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was." Loki: "And what are you now?" Natasha: "It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out." Loki: "Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? Drakov's daughter, Sao Paulo, the hospital fire?... Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's GUSHING red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything? This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC! You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers. You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!... I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly, intimately, in every way he knows you fear! And then he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is MY bargain, you mewling quim!"
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #3069
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerFG

Aww, I'm really sorry. Abby. Why don't you try asking like I said? If you want, I can.
Haha I am totally kidding. It is fine.

~Abbs/Abby

All Star Sports 2000~Paradise Pier (Disneyland) 2002~All Star Sports 2003~Pop Century 2005~Wilderness Lodge 2008~French Quarter 2008~All Star Movies 2008~Riverside 2009~French Quarter 2010~French Quarter 2011~French Quarter 2012~Howard Johnson (Disneyland) 2013~Riverside 2013~French Quarter 2014~Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014
Old 01-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #3070
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney~Cutie

Wow that's so lucky. I don't think people in my school would ever be that friendly omg
But for my birthday this year (well, technically last year now) my best friend got me ALL Disney princess stuff. It was awesome!
And next Halloween a huge group of friends and I are going to go as different Disney princesses (hopefully)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairywings

You are so LUCKY. I'd probably participate in your Disney Princess week if I could. I'm just not willing to deal with the consenquences of making my Disney love public. I'm already seen as weird. And all of the Disney stuff from people is awesome. Where do you put it all?
I went as Cruella deVille a couple years ago. And I went as Belle this year.

I mainly put the Disney stuff all around my room. Or my locker. Or I take it to my classes and sit something on my desk as motivation to keep working, because the better I do in school, the more choice I will have in what college I will be attending. And if I get to go to a college that I prefer, than I will feel more comfortable with taking off a semester to do something else-say...oh I do not know...maybe...the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!! See how it all works out?

Yeah, I know...kind of a long shot, but it really does motivate me!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #3071
StarTunnel
Does not compute.

Quote:
I love that movie. I also loved the ice skating one... What's it called? Anyway, I just love Disney movies XD

I think you're thinking of Sixteen Wishes, Sixteen Candles is an 80's movie
Old 01-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #3072
Fairywings

Quote:
I went as Cruella deVille a couple years ago. And I went as Belle this year.

I mainly put the Disney stuff all around my room. Or my locker. Or I take it to my classes and sit something on my desk as motivation to keep working, because the better I do in school, the more choice I will have in what college I will be attending. And if I get to go to a college that I prefer, than I will feel more comfortable with taking off a semester to do something else-say...oh I do not know...maybe...the DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM!! See how it all works out?

Yeah, I know...kind of a long shot, but it really does motivate me!
Hey, if it works, it works.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #3073
LionKingDramaQueen
Thirsting for adventure

Quote:
Hey, if it works, it works.
Precisely!

~Abbs/Abby

Old 01-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #3074
Ditz
I'd Rather Be On The Beach

Just got back from a full day of skiing with my BFF. It was so much fun and I only fell a few times.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #3075
Fairywings

Quote:
Precisely!
I just went through the thread and relived the nights in your siggy. We haven't inducted anyone into the Postwastin family as of yet. No ring of fires or OOH AH AH's yet.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: