Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #121
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Actually, I missed him every single second I was there. And I don't think I will ever go without him again.....it's just not the same. It is way more fun and magical with the little ones.
Well that's good to know! I think I would probably feel guilty going without my kids to be honest. I am hoping that after this upcoming trip, my next one will be just me and DD again to celebrate her High School Graduation. I only went to DW once as a kid, and I really, REALLY want my kids to experience it lots in their lifetimes. It is such a magical place, and in this day and age, with the world becoming more and more messed up by the minute, I think they need the escape even more so than we did as children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fratthouse View Post
Enjoying your TR! We are headed to the Poly next week, so I'm glad to hear you liked this resort so much. Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip!
Well, thank you so much for joining in! It's great to see some new subscribers so late in the game! You will LOVE the Polynesian.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico
November, 2014 - Paradisus La Esmeralda, Playa Del Carmen, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
Old 09-04-2012, 09:52 PM   #122
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Great to see you back!! How exciting to be planning a November trip ~ in 2013! My DH is sticking to his guns that it will be 2 years before we go back ~ boo!! My 3 year old asks him EVERYDAY "when are we going back to disey world" so maybe she'll wear him down

We've stayed value before; it's no Poly, but I'd take a value trip over no trip any day!! We are actually looking at, gasp, off-site for our next trip!

I agree with you on the water parks ~ we were very confused, and while it was a lot of fun, we could have done without!
April 2012 Polynesion
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2012, 07:20 PM   #123
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
Great to see you back!! How exciting to be planning a November trip ~ in 2013! My DH is sticking to his guns that it will be 2 years before we go back ~ boo!! My 3 year old asks him EVERYDAY "when are we going back to disey world" so maybe she'll wear him down

We've stayed value before; it's no Poly, but I'd take a value trip over no trip any day!! We are actually looking at, gasp, off-site for our next trip!

I agree with you on the water parks ~ we were very confused, and while it was a lot of fun, we could have done without!
I am so thrilled that we are planning to go back! My heart is set on a studio in BLT, just for the monorail access to the other hotels and MK. But, I'm not sure it would be so necessary in the cooler months. We wouldn't get that mid-day-heat-exhaustion as much, so maybe we'd be content to just head back to the hotel at the end of the day & stay there as opposed to the mid-day breaks. Plus, with having a 6 year old on the trip this time, not just our 11 year old - we may not need so much hustle & bustle. I would be less likely to go off to the parks alone with our DD this time around, being there with my DS & DH too. Does that make sense? I don't know....I'm so torn right now! LOL

I also find it a bit tricky to book anything this far out, and with DVC rentals at BLT, you really need to book about a year in advance, and their aren't even flights posted yet for that time of year. I have to know that their are flights that day etc - and that kind of stresses me out. I am also just considering booking a whole trip pkg through CAA. I know I have been looking, and if we were to score a free dining time, we could go there for around $4500 CDN. (including passes, flights, hotel everything)

GAH! Booking a DW vacation is SOOO not easy when you're the one paying! LOL (For those that don't know/remember, my parents paid for our last trip, and price was not a consideration - whatever we wanted, we got! )

Old 09-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #124
auprincess
DIS Veteran

The monorail really spoiled me too! I will say, that this past trip was really the only day we did mid-day breaks; and we have young kids! In January the parks close early (not sure about November), so we didn't want to go back to the room in the middle of the day ~ we preferred to just push on, and if we needed to, we left for the day earlier (like 7-8 vs. 9-10).
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #125
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
The monorail really spoiled me too! I will say, that this past trip was really the only day we did mid-day breaks; and we have young kids! In January the parks close early (not sure about November), so we didn't want to go back to the room in the middle of the day ~ we preferred to just push on, and if we needed to, we left for the day earlier (like 7-8 vs. 9-10).
Yup - I was just talking to Dave on facebook, and I said that exact same thing - I'm not so sure we would want/need the mid-day breaks in Nov or Jan. It gets dark earlier and the parks close earlier...so I'm thinking we would just push through the day. Plus, I'll be bringing my 6 year old son for his first DW trip this time around and he goes to bed at 7:30! So he will be BEAT most days right after supper and ready for bath and bedtime.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #126
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Where have you been kid? Even I posted a little something today...Once you get behind on these TR's its hard to get going again.

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #127
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_green_machine View Post
Where have you been kid? Even I posted a little something today...Once you get behind on these TR's its hard to get going again.
I'm here! DH and I were in Mexico from Nov 28-Dec 6. It hurts to be back. LOL No, but really, it's actually kind of exciting, cause now we are really focused on our upcoming trip to DW with DH and the kids. Although, there is a part of me that wants to just take them to an all-inclusive that requires ZERO planning or organizing on my part.....I know that DS (who will be 6 yo at the time of our trip) will LOVE DW more than words can say!!!

Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #128
wakica
DIS Veteran

Wow, I can't believe you made it through two water parks in a day. I can't handle too much heat and would have been a headachy lobster at the end of that day for sure! lol.

I like Typhoon Lagoon much better too. I have heard that BB is more for those looking for the thrill slides. TL just has a more tropical feel to it and I'm from Canada where we can have snow from Oct til April so that last thing I want to be surrounded by in Florida is white snow!! Even if it's fake, no thanks, give me the tropics

Me dh dd(16)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: