Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 07:57 PM   #91
mindystar
DIS Veteran

Love DTD, and can't wait to go again this year. Really looking forward to the Vinylmation Glad you had fun, but also had your fill as well. Cute pics
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
Old 05-11-2012, 08:44 PM   #92
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
Love DTD, and can't wait to go again this year. Really looking forward to the Vinylmation Glad you had fun, but also had your fill as well. Cute pics
Yes, DD loves her Vinylmations. Can't say that we saw any more there though than the parks.
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2012, 11:20 PM   #93
Winnie the Goof
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
and none other than Winnie-the-Pooh! I called him “Pooh Bear” and DD was mortified!!! LOL - Isn’t that what all his fans call him? Doesn’t Piglet just call him “Pooh”? I’ve never heard anyone call him “Winnie” before is all I’m sayin’……. lol

I don't remember if any of his friends ever call him Pooh Bear, but Pooh did refer to himself that way in "Rumbly in My Tumbly" song. So you're alright! If you haven't already, read the book if you want the whole story behind Winnie the Pooh's name. It's funnier when you read about it in context. (Great book, by the way.)

I love the Citizens of Hollywood. The way Disney uses actors as part of the show outside of the rides gives so much texture to the atmosphere.

I laughed at that overstuffed tray at Pizza Planet. If that happened to me, I don't know if I would been annoyed or impressed. (Maybe both. )

Bacon-wrapped meatloaf???........It sounds heavenly!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:45 AM   #94
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Love the updates! We ended up liking HS the best too! The atmosphere was great. Nice to see you saw Stitch there. We only saw the characters in the animation studio and that's it.

We also ate at Wolf Gang Puck Express and loved it.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #95
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie the Goof View Post
I don't remember if any of his friends ever call him Pooh Bear, but Pooh did refer to himself that way in "Rumbly in My Tumbly" song. So you're alright! If you haven't already, read the book if you want the whole story behind Winnie the Pooh's name. It's funnier when you read about it in context. (Great book, by the way.)

I love the Citizens of Hollywood. The way Disney uses actors as part of the show outside of the rides gives so much texture to the atmosphere.

I laughed at that overstuffed tray at Pizza Planet. If that happened to me, I don't know if I would been annoyed or impressed. (Maybe both. )

Bacon-wrapped meatloaf???........It sounds heavenly!
Yes, we LOVED DHS. I can't wait to go back one day. While I would LOVE to take DS to Star Wars Weekends, I just don't know if I could bear the crowds during those times....apparently it's SHEER MADNESS.....so I dunno. Maybe just taking the kids their during a regular time would be better. I think DS would love it there, and it would be a totally different trip with DS their, because he would want to do "Lights, Camera, Action Motorshow' & Indiana Jones and stuff like that.

"Citizens of Hollywood" hey? I didn't realize they had a title. Very cool! In retrospect, I think we all sort of wish instead of doing DTD that we had went back to DHS for the evening....ah well. There's always next time!

And thanks for the Winnie-the-pooh information. I will certainly look it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Love the updates! We ended up liking HS the best too! The atmosphere was great. Nice to see you saw Stitch there. We only saw the characters in the animation studio and that's it.

We also ate at Wolf Gang Puck Express and loved it.
We saw Donald Duck too! I just don't have my Photopass pics yet - soon, soon!!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:33 PM   #96
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Love your update!! We spent minimal time at DtD...we went to WPE for dinner after our waterpark day and then later in the week, when it was raining, we went to DisneyQuest just to get out of the hotel room. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't just love DtD, either. I love to shop, but maybe just b/c of the ages of my girls, for me it's just a place to have them constantly saying, "I want that!"
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 05-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #97
204charity
DIS Veteran

I'm ALIVE!! I swear....just hiding out....

Hey everyone. Just wanted to say I am ALIVE! I hope I haven't lost too many readers by now....things have been very busy for us lately, and to be honest, I think I just finally realized why I have REALLY been staying away, and I think it's because it's just so darn depressing to realize I am not going back anytime soon.

Old 05-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #98
wakica
DIS Veteran

I found your trip report

Looks like it was a great trip!!! sorry you've been down in the dumps Hope you cheer up. I felt grumpy for the 1st 4 days after being home but then we started doing some fun things like watching Avengers at the movie theatre and getting some really yummy desserts for suppers just to add little touches of happiness here and there and I'm doing better. Make sure to do some fun stuff - it really helps.

Can't wait to read/see more.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #99
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
I found your trip report

Looks like it was a great trip!!! sorry you've been down in the dumps Hope you cheer up. I felt grumpy for the 1st 4 days after being home but then we started doing some fun things like watching Avengers at the movie theatre and getting some really yummy desserts for suppers just to add little touches of happiness here and there and I'm doing better. Make sure to do some fun stuff - it really helps.

Can't wait to read/see more.
I agree with this!

It's a downer coming back from such a great vacation. But I find it better when I treat us to fun stuff .. Like going to the movies or planning a "stay cation" .. We have plans to spend the week at the beach in July. it's not Disney, but it's still a get away !

Looking forward to more of your trip !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #100
auprincess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey everyone. Just wanted to say I am ALIVE! I hope I haven't lost too many readers by now....things have been very busy for us lately, and to be honest, I think I just finally realized why I have REALLY been staying away, and I think it's because it's just so darn depressing to realize I am not going back anytime soon.
I keep checking in ~ glad to see you are still here!!

I can totally relate to how you are feeling ~ so bummed that I have no clue when we are going back. Even if I just had a date, I think it would be a little easier. Geez, ppl who don't "get" disney would probably think I was crazy if they read that, lol! In the meantime, we are looking forward to seeing Brave come out next month! My oldest has some birthday money saved up, and yesterday at Target I saw that they have some Brave merchandise. Maybe I'll take her and give us all a little Disney pick me up (like we need more toys in this house)!
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 05-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #101
solana131
DIS Veteran

No worries Charity! We will be here ready and waiting when you feel like it Let me grab a snack...

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #102
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

I followed your PTR and now I just today saw you have a TR going already - how did I miss that? Since I haven't been around, here are all my comments so far:

1st, the Belle with Beast at the beginning of your TR while you were in Epcot for the first time is great! Looks very authentic to me. Also, how cool that she got to ask Crush a question!

You have some very nice pictures of the water parade - I've never stayed at the Poly and probably never will (had a bad experience, totally my fault, in January) but you make me consider going there just to eyeball the view!

You're probably the first person in the first TR I've seen that didn't head straight to TSMM after rope drop. Heck, it's the first place I go when I walk into HS, even if it ISN'T rope drop! Did I miss the reason you decided not to ride it? I know it's not for everyone.

Ok, those are my comments. Make sure to come back and tell us more sometime, since first-timer trips are the best and you haven't even made it to MK yet! I want to hear what your girl thought of the castle and the rides at THE park!
Old 05-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #103
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I hear you...I've found it really heard to keep up with updates at times.... I think your doing a great job. Looking forward to the rest of your story!

(http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044 ...shameless plug for my Trip Report)

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
Old 06-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #104
the_green_machine
Mouseketeer

HELLOOOOOOO!!!!

Time for an update!!!!!

My first completed Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871044
Old 06-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #105
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_green_machine View Post
HELLOOOOOOO!!!!

Time for an update!!!!!

You are RIGHT!! Funny, I was just chatting with Dave-in-falls-church on facebook and he made me feel nostalgic about Disney World. I have had a VERY busy month. Finishing up school with exams etc, then I had a cousin pass away suddenly out of province, so I was in BC for a weekend, then my daughter got very sick with pneumonia, then I graduated and now I finally have a second to breathe (while dd is still sick of coarse)

So, I guess I just want you to know I am getting ready to update you all, sooner than later - I SWEAR!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: