Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2012, 07:06 PM   #31
DisneyStitch626
DIS Veteran

Wow, you take some really great photos! Love the ones of the hammock, etc.

The room looks so nice!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:28 PM   #32
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyStitch626 View Post
Wow, you take some really great photos! Love the ones of the hammock, etc.

The room looks so nice!
Thanks Andrea! Some of them are mine and some are my Dad's. I am proud to say that the hammock ones are 100% mine baby!!!
April, 2012 -Disney's Polynesian Resort
November, 2012 - Barcelo Maya Palace, Mayan Riviera, Mexico

Our Poly Dream Vacation - April, 2012 Trip Report
My Parents Gave US the World - A Poly Dream PTR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #33
auprincess
DIS Veteran

great report so far!! Love all the pictures!! That first day was windy ~ we had planned to go to a water park as well, but quickly changed our plans! DH and my 6 and 3 year old braved the pool for a bit so baby could nap and I could unpack our stuff.
April 2012 Polynesion
Old 04-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #34
puente0629
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much! I'm obsessed with hotel rooms in Disney, I love the attention to details. I take a million whenever we stay somewhere new.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #35
solana131
DIS Veteran

How did I not see that you had started this? I was looking and waiting for it too! Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 204charity View Post
Well, todayís the day! The sun is shining, the tank is clean! Oh no wait, thatís Nemoís story, not ours. Let's try this again......
Love Nemo! I have looked and looked for Dory things (shirts, bags, etc) and never find anything other than stuffed animals But I am on the list for a custom Dory backpack a DISfriend is making

Quote:
As it turns out he is just a tad hyper when it comes to airports and flights to catch. He wants to get to the airport, check the luggage, get through security and breathe. Oh wait, and then when it comes time to pre-board, he wants to get on the plane ASAP so that he can have HIS carry on in the bin above HIS head. Cause God forbid it should be 1 or 2 rows behind him.
Yeah, sorry but I gotta side with your Dad on this one. I am the same way. I love flying, but I get so anxious going through security and boarding. I hardly ever bring a big carryon because of that exact reason. They should not allow people to put their bags in other people's overhead bins. Really the only time I worry about it is when I have a close connection, but it can really make you miss your flight if you have to wait until everyone else is off the plane before you can go back and get your carryon. It is stressful. So I always make sure my carryon will fit under the seat.

Quote:
Although this logic is completely illogical because if I WAS flying the plane, clearly we would be in a flaming pile of rubble

Quote:
Walking through the grounds to get to our longhouse was totally surreal. Seeing Cindyís castle across the lake, hearing the toot of the ferry whistles, the faint whisper of luau music playing over the sound system of the Poly. It was all so completely magical and we hadnít even stepped into a park yet
Oh you just took me back! You described it perfectly! Once you go Poly, you won't ever stray again. Like someone else on here, I stayed Poly in Feb and said the whole time "I have to get this here and now because I will never pay the money to stay here again".....yeah...look at my siggy. I'm staying there again! Can't help it. It is just so magical

Quote:
Uh-Oh, pool fouling!!! (AKA poop-in-the-pool) So no swim for us.
Eww!

Quote:
I started to tear up almost immediately. After so much planning and dreaming and anxious days waiting, we were here. Riding in rides in Disney World. Together. I felt very grateful and happy to be there with my DD and my parents.
How do you do it? You bring me right back there. I had this happen so many times that week it wasn't even funny. They were always tears of joy, but I couldn't believe it. This never happens to me. Just seeing the look on my little guy's face at every turn. I even got teary-eyed on the stupid Magical Express bus! Yep, I'm a geek

Love the start Charity! Keep 'em coming!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #36
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Thanks for posting the double sink pic! I have always stayed in Tokelau which has one sink. I actually prefer it so I can have the counter space and we've never had an issue using just one sink. But that double sink still looks like it has plenty of counter space! And the single sink bathrooms also have that little shelf above which is SO convenient!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 04-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auprincess View Post
great report so far!! Love all the pictures!! That first day was windy ~ we had planned to go to a water park as well, but quickly changed our plans! DH and my 6 and 3 year old braved the pool for a bit so baby could nap and I could unpack our stuff.
Yup - the weather was not too welcoming that day I'm afraid. Oh well - better than the day we left - 6:00 pm, rain pouring down all around us. It was ALOT easier to leave Florida in gloomy weather than it would have been leaving in hot, hot sun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puente0629 View Post
Thank you so much! I'm obsessed with hotel rooms in Disney, I love the attention to details. I take a million whenever we stay somewhere new.
No problem. We are probably going to have to stay somewhere else next time too, so I know what you mean about the more pics the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
How did I not see that you had started this? I was looking and waiting for it too! Yay!

Love Nemo! I have looked and looked for Dory things (shirts, bags, etc) and never find anything other than stuffed animals But I am on the list for a custom Dory backpack a DISfriend is making

Yeah, sorry but I gotta side with your Dad on this one. I am the same way. I love flying, but I get so anxious going through security and boarding. I hardly ever bring a big carryon because of that exact reason. They should not allow people to put their bags in other people's overhead bins. Really the only time I worry about it is when I have a close connection, but it can really make you miss your flight if you have to wait until everyone else is off the plane before you can go back and get your carryon. It is stressful. So I always make sure my carryon will fit under the seat.

Oh you just took me back! You described it perfectly! Once you go Poly, you won't ever stray again. Like someone else on here, I stayed Poly in Feb and said the whole time "I have to get this here and now because I will never pay the money to stay here again".....yeah...look at my siggy. I'm staying there again! Can't help it. It is just so magical

Eww!

How do you do it? You bring me right back there. I had this happen so many times that week it wasn't even funny. They were always tears of joy, but I couldn't believe it. This never happens to me. Just seeing the look on my little guy's face at every turn. I even got teary-eyed on the stupid Magical Express bus! Yep, I'm a geek

Love the start Charity! Keep 'em coming!
Thanks for your enthusiastic responses! I am happy to hear others are enjoying reading about our trip as much as I enjoyed experiencing it first hand!

You guys are heading back to the Poly?! How'd you swing that?!! Lucky girl. We may rent some DVC points for a studio at BLT, that way DH has the views and convenience of the monorail and I won't have to deal with cranky-pants at the parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
Thanks for posting the double sink pic! I have always stayed in Tokelau which has one sink. I actually prefer it so I can have the counter space and we've never had an issue using just one sink. But that double sink still looks like it has plenty of counter space! And the single sink bathrooms also have that little shelf above which is SO convenient!
Yes - the double sink was AMPLE room for 3 adults and 1 child - with TONS of stuff!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 07:48 PM   #38
solana131
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You guys are heading back to the Poly?! How'd you swing that?!! Lucky girl.
Hmmm...you'll have to check out my TR

Last edited by solana131; 04-28-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #39
mindystar
DIS Veteran

Loving the TR so far Can't wait to be there next month Until then I'll live through your TR
What fun to get to go with your parents, and your daughter on her first trip to the World! Beautiful pics too!
1993-CR1996-Poly1997-Offsite1999-CR2002-AKL/Poly 2005-CR Feb 2006 PolyJune 2006-Sister's DFTW Custom Wedding (GF/CR)April 2007-PORDec 2007-Coronado2008-PolyMarch 2009-POR 30 B-day!May/June 2009-Family Vacation -GFJune 2010-CR May/June 2012-Family Vacation-PolyFeb 2013-Princess Half Marathon-POFQ December 2013-Pop Century
Old 04-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #40
carlnix30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Someone asked for some pics of the room we had. So here are the few I have. Room 3012 in the Tahiti building.

soo funny!! Your DD thought she was hiding!! Lol soo very cute!

Sounds like you are now officially a poly addict!

disdads member#559
me DW DD17 DS15 DD14
2007 WL, 2008 CB, 2009 Poly CL TPV, 2009 Poly CL TPV again!, 2010 Poly CL TPV, 2011 Poly CL TPV! 2012 Poly CL TPV
Old 04-28-2012, 11:13 PM   #41
NHFreckles
Earning My Ears

thanks for posting this! We have 138 days to go to our 2nd stay at the poly..last was 6 yrs ago. Loving your report!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:57 AM   #42
204charity
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Hmmm...you'll have to check out my TR
I've joined in and I see now you lucky girl you got a pin code! I am seriously hoping I get one someday. Maybe the only way I can convince DH to go with me and the kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindystar View Post
Loving the TR so far Can't wait to be there next month Until then I'll live through your TR
What fun to get to go with your parents, and your daughter on her first trip to the World! Beautiful pics too!
Yes, you will LOVE it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlnix30 View Post
soo funny!! Your DD thought she was hiding!! Lol soo very cute!

Sounds like you are now officially a poly addict!
I am Carl, I am!! I don't know what I will do though when we go back as a family of 4. I am certainly not in the same income bracket as my parents, so the Poly is totally out of the question - but you better believe I will be coming over to shop, eat at Captain Cooks and enjoy Wishes from the beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHFreckles View Post
thanks for posting this! We have 138 days to go to our 2nd stay at the poly..last was 6 yrs ago. Loving your report!
Oh, congrats! You are so lucky you get to experience it again. Have fun!

And to everyone joining in - I am sorry I have not posted an update in a while. I think I can officially say I have a lung infection or bronchitis or something. Fever, headache, coughing up yuckiness and just overall feeling like a ball of blech. So, give me some time and I promise I will update soon! Hopefully I don't forget everything before then!!

Old 04-29-2012, 12:14 PM   #43
solana131
DIS Veteran

Feel better soon! We'll be here when you get ready

Old 04-29-2012, 02:44 PM   #44
Britard
Mouseketeer

I am jumping on board too! Love all the info about the Poly so far. We have made this our hotel for our next trip and enjoy seeing anything we can about it!

I love the photo in the clam! What happiness in both of your faces! Sheer Disney!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Old 04-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #45
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Oooh, oooh ...I'm here !!

Love the pics of the Poly .. some day I'll get there !

Your dd is just as cute as they come !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: