Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-05-2013, 12:01 PM   #631
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Don't fret about wedding dresses! They only have sample sizes that only fit that tiny percentage of people! I think I needed 4 or 5 clips to keep the dresses from falling right off of me- NONE of them fit me until I ordered mine and it was altered! Ordering your dress in your size with alterations to your body makes ALL the difference! When you're trying on gowns, you have to stretch your imagination to see what it will look like when it's tailored to you! I like Carrie's suggestion if you're feeling indecisive- Think of the attributes you like the most and eliminate from there!

I tried on zillions of dresses! I was limiting myself because I was in love with a certain designer, so I only hunted down shops that had those dresses... and in the end, I didn't even buy a gown from that designer! I think I went try on dresses at least 8 times in about 6 different shops before I decided on my gown! I was searching for dresses for OVER a year and I tried on at LEAST 75 gowns- You have 18 months until your wedding, you STILL HAVE TIME Don't get discouraged! It can be a stressful process which takes some of the "fun" out of it, but it felt great AFTER I'd made that decision and taken that burden off of my shoulders! Do yourself another favor- and after you've purchased your dress, DON'T allow yourself to doubt your decision!! That's only more unnecessary stress! Most of all- don't buy that warm fuzzy feeling about "the ONE" that TV dress shows boast of- because it's not a 1-visit process for most of us!!! We're not trying to make good TV ratings- that's not realistic!

Also, my mom wants you to do a Back-to-Back cruise after your wedding so you're on the Magic Southern Caribbean cruise with us
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #632
CaseyLynn
Earning My Ears
 
CaseyLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 38

Hi everyone!! My husband and I are renewing our vows on the Disney Dream Dec 2014. I am so excited and have already started planning. When we got married it was at a tiny local courthouse while my husband was still in the military. We had a big wedding planned in TN, but we ended up moving to California. Then it got put on hold again because we had a few sweet children. 2 boys & a girl I am so happy that our kids get to be involved.

Now on to my question: I tried to read through all the posts, however, Lorelai, my baby girl (5 months old) has decided otherwise. Haha. I am enjoying reading stories & seeing photos. I know that Disney uses a third party for photos. Does anyone know if they are good? & Who it even is? Or is it better to bring your own photographer/find someone in the area down there who are willing to go on the cruise

Also any advice or tips for the wedding are greatly appreciated. I am thinking about having my kids dress as their favorite Disney Character.

Thank you ladies!!
__________________
CaseyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2013, 12:35 PM   #633
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLynn View Post
Hi everyone!! My husband and I are renewing our vows on the Disney Dream Dec 2014. I am so excited and have already started planning. When we got married it was at a tiny local courthouse while my husband was still in the military. We had a big wedding planned in TN, but we ended up moving to California. Then it got put on hold again because we had a few sweet children. 2 boys & a girl I am so happy that our kids get to be involved.

Now on to my question: I tried to read through all the posts, however, Lorelai, my baby girl (5 months old) has decided otherwise. Haha. I am enjoying reading stories & seeing photos. I know that Disney uses a third party for photos. Does anyone know if they are good? & Who it even is? Or is it better to bring your own photographer/find someone in the area down there who are willing to go on the cruise

Also any advice or tips for the wedding are greatly appreciated. I am thinking about having my kids dress as their favorite Disney Character.

Thank you ladies!!
Welcome and Congrats! It's so great that you'll finally be able to have the ceremony you deserve- and BONUS! You get to share it with your kids! How sweet I got married on the Dream in Sept '12 so I'm very fond of that ship I brought my own photographers aboard with me- if you click the PJ/TR link in my signature and skip to one of the last few pages, I've got TONS of my wedding photos on display (and the link to ALL of my photos) I found a pair of young upcoming photographers in Orlando who were willing to come aboard for free (I only paid for their cruise) as a portfolio fluffing opportunity! I forget the name of DCL's onboard photography company, but somebody on here will know. The main reason I searched elsewhere for my photography is that the photo memories were a HUGE priority of mine- I wanted tons of pictures to remember the day by... With the DCL photography, you only get your photographer for about an hour or hour and a half, and that just wasn't enough for me! (But you can always purchase additional time with the onboard photographer!) I was fortunate enough to find my photographers and I wound up with about 8 hours total of photography- both onboard on the wedding day and on castaway cay the next day! Another option is if you have any members of your family who are pretty good with photography, invite them aboard to take supplemental photos to the DCL onboard package. I always thought that it would be a good idea to contact a local college/university professor and offer senior Photography majors to photograph your wedding for their portfolio- chances are they're still great, and definitely cheaper!! Keep us posted when you have questions along your planning process! All of the brides on here have wonderful ideas
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #634
murderdoll1317
Honeymoon on the Fantasy Oct. 2013
 
murderdoll1317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: 1.5 hours from WDW
Posts: 17

sooo help!

So I looked for this q&a but could not find it, I will not be getting married on the ship or as Castaway, we will be on our honeymoon, but I would like to get photos of us in our wedding ware on board, can this be done?
__________________
Ready for my adventure to begin! First cruise ever coming Oct 26, 2013, Halloween on the Fantasy. Deck 12. for our honeymoon!



murderdoll1317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #635
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderdoll1317 View Post
So I looked for this q&a but could not find it, I will not be getting married on the ship or as Castaway, we will be on our honeymoon, but I would like to get photos of us in our wedding ware on board, can this be done?
I don't see why this would be a problem!! I got married onboard one day then put on my wedding attire again on the next day to take photos on Castaway Cay. I know of a girl, Amanda who got married at WDW then went on a Fantasy cruise later and they had photo shoots onboard as well as on Castaway Cay. They even did a "Trash the Dress" shoot together where they went paras-ailing in their wedding attire! If you look up the Photographers Dave and Vicki Arndt they'll have those photos somewhere online- the couple is Amanda & Milton- their photos are precious!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #636
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran
 
emtmom0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Auburndale, Florida
Posts: 546

Glad I found is board! I am going to try and read through both threads. My DH re proposed to me Valentines night on the Wonder this year and we are planning a vow renewal on the Fantasy in Feb. we will be doing the ceremony at CC. Going for that wedding I always dreamed of and never had.
__________________
Jessica

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 PM   #637
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment
 
JBeanBunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmom0104 View Post
Glad I found is board! I am going to try and read through both threads. My DH re proposed to me Valentines night on the Wonder this year and we are planning a vow renewal on the Fantasy in Feb. we will be doing the ceremony at CC. Going for that wedding I always dreamed of and never had.
Congrats, Jessica! I was on that V-day Wonder cruise with you AND in your FE group Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way!! These brides have a LOT of fun ideas!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #638
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82

So we officially booked our wedding on the Wonder for this August. Now we are waiting to hear back from the wedding coordinator. Any idea on long it usually takes to hear back? They said 48 hours but it has already passed the 48 hour mark. Thanks!

Liz
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #639
lescal79
Mouseketeer
 
lescal79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 136

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway
So we officially booked our wedding on the Wonder for this August. Now we are waiting to hear back from the wedding coordinator. Any idea on long it usually takes to hear back? They said 48 hours but it has already passed the 48 hour mark. Thanks!

Liz
Congratulations! How exciting!

It took a week before someone contacted me, but everyone's experiences are different. I would say you should hear something this week.
__________________

Disneyland Hotel - 2007; Animal Kingdom Lodge 2010; DCL Dream 2011; Wilderness Lodge Oct 2011; Port Orleans Royal Guest Rooms 2012; Contemporary Apr 2013; DCL Dream April 2013 (wedding); DCL Magic Feb 2014

lescal79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:22 PM   #640
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's
 
bats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kent, England
Posts: 1,205

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny

Also, my mom wants you to do a Back-to-Back cruise after your wedding so you're on the Magic Southern Caribbean cruise with us
I only wish I could!! We're popping up to WDW for a few days I think as we have DVC and it'd be a shame not to use the points!
We will wave as we get off though!!!

Welcome to all the new brides.
I heard from the Meredith just 2 days after my enquiry ... I was at work so when the number came up on my mobile as 407, I knew it was something to do with Disney!! Lord knows how much it cost them as I'm in the UK!!
__________________
Bats
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Faroe Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #641
1EvilQueenfan
Mouseketeer
 
1EvilQueenfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 358

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway
So we officially booked our wedding on the Wonder for this August. Now we are waiting to hear back from the wedding coordinator. Any idea on long it usually takes to hear back? They said 48 hours but it has already passed the 48 hour mark. Thanks!

Liz
Congrats! I booked my cruise through my travel agent and she forwarded an email to me from Meredith either that day or the next day! However I then received an email from Meredith (pretty much the same one) a day or two after that! You should here something soon
__________________
Jodi
1EvilQueenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:32 PM   #642
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran
 
emtmom0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Auburndale, Florida
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Congrats, Jessica! I was on that V-day Wonder cruise with you AND in your FE group Feel free to ask any questions you have along the way!! These brides have a LOT of fun ideas!
I finally put two and two together as I was posting that lol. I loved your FE gifts...so creative. They will be hanging in my new house
__________________
Jessica

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #643
emtmom0104
DIS Veteran
 
emtmom0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Auburndale, Florida
Posts: 546

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisn2castaway View Post
So we officially booked our wedding on the Wonder for this August. Now we are waiting to hear back from the wedding coordinator. Any idea on long it usually takes to hear back? They said 48 hours but it has already passed the 48 hour mark. Thanks!

Liz
I heard back in less than 24 hours from Meredith. I would expect a call at the beginning of this week
__________________
Jessica

Disney Dream 5-19-2011 -3 night Bahamas,Disney Magic 4-25-2012 & 4-30-2012 -4&5 night Bahamas,Disney Wonder 2-7-13 & 2-11-13 -4 night Bahamas & 5 night western Caribbean ,Disney Fantasy 2-22-14 -7 night eastern Caribbean, Disney Magic 4-19-15 - 7 night western Caribbean
emtmom0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #644
Spigot
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lillington, NC
Posts: 7

I'm so glad I found this board. We are planning our second disney cruise. We just did the Dream to the Bahamas and this time we'll be aboard the Wonder to Alaska in June 2014 and since our family was also going we decided to get married. We are so excited I look forward to reading the post and getting advice.
Steph
Spigot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #645
cruisn2castaway
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
I'm so glad I found this board. We are planning our second disney cruise. We just did the Dream to the Bahamas and this time we'll be aboard the Wonder to Alaska in June 2014 and since our family was also going we decided to get married. We are so excited I look forward to reading the post and getting advice.
Steph
I am glad to hear we are not the only ones that decided on an Alaskan cruise wedding. We are getting married on our trip in August since our families were also already booked on the cruise with us. Have fun with your planning!

Liz
cruisn2castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: