Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #556
drummergirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Drummer girl do you work for DFTW?? I find your comments are powdered with an air of all knowing. The brides on these boards are here to share what they know based on their experiences and support each other through the DFTW Cruise wedding process. I'm not sure the purpose of your participation is in the spirit. Considering your posts are infrequent and you've only posted a handful of times and on each occasion when you do, you sound full of frustration. Unless you are a cruise bride former or present or your our coordinator. I think it would be best if you stopped trying to come off as knowing all the answers.
Hi There,
No...I dont work for DFTW (lol). I do know people that work for Disney, who know people that work for DCL and I hear the stories. Stories regarding WDW as well as weddings on the ships. I don't mean to offend anyone on here at all. I am newly engaged and I too, like other future brides, are reading and learning from past brides. I mean no harm whatsoever. And my posts are "infrequent" because I am on a computer at work and don't really like getting on at home after I've been staring at the screen all day.
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #557
drummergirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
I'm giving information to the best of my knowledge as I've experienced it and as I've been told by my wedding coordinators and fellow DIS brides. As with ANY company or business, prices and policies are ALWAYS subject to change. Just because I am a cm doesn't mean that I am up to date on DFTW's current policies and procedures since I don't work at that location. I don't intend for people to take my advice as fact. My best advice is to always ASK for things, but not to expect them. My onboard coordinator made it seem to me that they have a little wiggle room for creativity, and if you have requests, ASK, and they may be able to accommodate you. And of course things change over time, but the general procedure is very similar. Also, I absolutely know that they have held weddings in the D Lounge before. I've spoken with brides who have before. What I said is that the WAY they arranged it was the first time they set it up like that. I was told by my coordinator that they tried a new arrangement for my event. That's all. And I never once guaranteed that they would definitely find a sand-free location on CC, but I know that Disney is very serious when it comes to allergies and to ASK to see if they can try something to accommodate that allergy.
Jillian, again I meant no disrespect or anything like that. And I am in no way trying to discourage you from posting. Like I said, from everything I have read, the ladies on here seem to "look up to you" for guidence. You are the one bride on here that has laid EVERYTHING out in great detail. I have totally enjoyed your experience, and your pictures were AMAZING! Especially those few of the flower girls, just precious! Keep sharing your information!
drummergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #558
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummergirl View Post
Hi There,
No...I dont work for DFTW (lol). I do know people that work for Disney, who know people that work for DCL and I hear the stories. Stories regarding WDW as well as weddings on the ships. I don't mean to offend anyone on here at all. I am newly engaged and I too, like other future brides, are reading and learning from past brides. I mean no harm whatsoever. And my posts are "infrequent" because I am on a computer at work and don't really like getting on at home after I've been staring at the screen all day.
If your knowledge only comes from 3rd hand info, I think I'll stick with Jillian and the other brides who have already experienced the process first hand.

All the lovely helpful brides on here have made it clear that their experience is the one they're writing about, and they have all said to ask DCL before assuming anything.

The onboard co-ordinator that I spoke to was very clear and said as long as the 'venue' has electricity points and as long as I didn't expect it to be closed off to the public, then they could generally do it. I didn't get her to sign her name in blood as I'm fully aware (after a fair few cruises) that DCL will not promise anything.

If you worked for DFTW, I may take notice of your views more, but as your info is 3rd hand, it's not as reliable as others IMO.

Jilllian .. Have found you on Pinterest, thank you!
Your run down of how your process went is invaluable and I have copied it to my wedding file, thank you. After hearing your reasons for booking an onboard wedding, I'm second thinking about mine as we'll be sailing in October which I know is hurricane season (although in around 8 visits to Fl in Sept/Oct, we've not had one yet!). I'd be gutted if I paid that extra money and it rained

Maybe we'll save our money and put it towards staying in the Walt Suite!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015
bats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #559
AllisonK315
Earning My Ears

Mickey and Minnie at wedding...

I haven't been on in a few days because we went on a mini-vaca to NJ. I've been so anxious to get back home and get on with the wedding planning. Not always easy to do from a phone. Anyhow, my fiance and I have been talking about having Minnie and Mickey appear at our wedding. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever done this? Also, what do they do or get involved in at the wedding and how much did it cost? I've ready in different places upwards of $900 at the WDW resort, but haven't found anything for the cruises. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #560
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I just checked my email from Meredith and she stated that it would be $850 for Mickey & Minnie.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #561
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by bats View Post
Jilllian .. Have found you on Pinterest, thank you!
Your run down of how your process went is invaluable and I have copied it to my wedding file, thank you. After hearing your reasons for booking an onboard wedding, I'm second thinking about mine as we'll be sailing in October which I know is hurricane season (although in around 8 visits to Fl in Sept/Oct, we've not had one yet!). I'd be gutted if I paid that extra money and it rained

Maybe we'll save our money and put it towards staying in the Walt Suite!
Yay! You found my pinterest! I've never had to search for myself, so I didn't know what to tell ya... but I'm glad you got it now! Is it useful? These days I just add crafts and recipes but occasionally I repost some cute wedding-y things. I was weird and pinned some of my own wedding photos. I figure that since I couldn't find much on pinterest that I'd make my photos available to the public

Going from CC to Onboard is totally up to you. It just worked out best for our wants and needs! Plus, I live in Florida and I'm used to expecting the unexpected when it comes to weather, so... I just don't trust mother nature to not dump a storm on my wedding day! Luckily it didn't storm, (but it was overcast and a little grey skied) but that would've been a bummer! You could definitely take that $ and upgrade to the Walt or Roy Disney suites!!!!! I've seen photos, they look WONDERFUL! Also with that extra $1000, you could get Mickey and Minnie AND have money to spare! OR you could use that towards bringing a photographer with you... but then again, there are always miscellaneous wedding expenses that you don't really anticipate... WAY more than I'd anticipated! It never hurts to have an 'emergency' fund!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #562
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK315 View Post
I haven't been on in a few days because we went on a mini-vaca to NJ. I've been so anxious to get back home and get on with the wedding planning. Not always easy to do from a phone. Anyhow, my fiance and I have been talking about having Minnie and Mickey appear at our wedding. I was wondering if anyone on here has ever done this? Also, what do they do or get involved in at the wedding and how much did it cost? I've ready in different places upwards of $900 at the WDW resort, but haven't found anything for the cruises. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I read that they don't actually attend the wedding, but rather the cake cutting and champagne afterwards? Definitely worth checking with Meredith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Yay! You found my pinterest! I've never had to search for myself, so I didn't know what to tell ya... but I'm glad you got it now! Is it useful? These days I just add crafts and recipes but occasionally I repost some cute wedding-y things. I was weird and pinned some of my own wedding photos. I figure that since I couldn't find much on pinterest that I'd make my photos available to the public

Going from CC to Onboard is totally up to you. It just worked out best for our wants and needs! Plus, I live in Florida and I'm used to expecting the unexpected when it comes to weather, so... I just don't trust mother nature to not dump a storm on my wedding day! Luckily it didn't storm, (but it was overcast and a little grey skied) but that would've been a bummer! You could definitely take that $ and upgrade to the Walt or Roy Disney suites!!!!! I've seen photos, they look WONDERFUL! Also with that extra $1000, you could get Mickey and Minnie AND have money to spare! OR you could use that towards bringing a photographer with you... but then again, there are always miscellaneous wedding expenses that you don't really anticipate... WAY more than I'd anticipated! It never hurts to have an 'emergency' fund!
Loved your photos so it's them that I've re-pinned the most!!
One of my best friends does photography as a hobby, so we're just paying some of her cruise fare to take a few photos. She's really good, so we know that she will do us proud (and make me look thinner than I am!!)

Have now decided that onboard is probably better, but Mick vetoed the Walt Suite What's wrong with that man?!!!
Anyway, we're going to put the money toward renting cabanas for our guests to enjoy on CC.

Anyone know how many each stateroom can reserve? Our TA is a platinum so could ask her to do a couple, then presume that within the wedding package, we could rent at 120 too? (we're gold).
Would ideally like 4 cabanas, perhaps even 5 but I know that's asking alot!!
Quality Inn International Apr 2003 - Magic Mouse Villa on Windsor Palms Apr 2006 - Hong Kong Disney Jan 2007 - Dibb villa & Disney Wonder Sept 2008 - Dibb villa for DBF's 40th Feb 2009 - Dibb villa Sept 2009 - Disneyland Paris Nov 2009 - Disneyland California Apr 2010 - Disney Magic 8 night Western Europe Jul 2010 - SSR Sept 2010 - Maiden Voyage on The Dream Jan 26th 2011 - Disney Magic Med cruise Aug 2011 - OKW Sept 2011 - AKV & Disney Dream Feb 2012 - SSR & Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean Oct 2012 - Disney Magic B2B Med Aug 2013 - Disney Magic Med May 2014 - Disney Magic WBTA & our wedding Sept 2014 Disney Magic 11 night Fjords/Iceland/Orkney Isles Jun 2015

Last edited by bats; 01-22-2013 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #563
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Jillian I believe you are correct, Mickey & Minnie only attend the cake/champagne portion. I used that extra $ for a cabana and with some luck will run into a character on the ship & get to take a few pics.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:00 AM   #564
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

I would have LOVED to have Mickey & Minnie (or heck, even just Mickey would've been nice) but I just didn't have that worked into my budget. The only downside to taking photos w/ Mickey & Minnie for my onboard was that they were in their Pirate attire... Not very wedding-y!

Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the cabanas! I've never had the urge to rent one. (Though I've lived in Florida for 9 years, I'm used to just finding a spot on the beach and enjoying sans cabanas.) I also don't know if or how you would reserve a room block for your guests... That would be a question for Disney or your Travel Agent to find out. I just picked a cruise in the slow season and made everyone book it almost a year in advance, so everybody that wanted to go was able to...
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #565
JC32801
Earning My Ears

Please pardon the shameless plug, and if it's out of line to post here, mods, please feel free to remove.

That said, my wife and I were married on Castaway Cay, and as a former Cast Member and resident of Orlando of 10+ years, perhaps my first-hand knowledge and expertise may be of assistance in your planning. Do you need a travel agent? Absolutely not, but why not take advantage of complimentary service and take one thing off your already loaded (and stressed!) plate?

John's Journeys on Twitter

John's Journeys on Facebook

Many thanks! And best wishes to all of you!
JC32801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #566
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Thanks John .. Not sure what you're offering if it's not a TA service?
I'd be interested in seeing photos of your wedding on CC and hearing your experiences, so feel free to tell us all about your special day.

Joa
Old 01-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #567
AllisonK315
Earning My Ears

Thanks everyone! I would really enjoy them being there for the cake cutting and reception. But, after hearing about the pirate attire.. im not so sure! Definitely will add that to the list of questions for Meredith!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #568
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I booked my airfare today!!! Just a few more months to go. I guess I need to fax my planning guide to Meredith before I change my mind about anything else.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:24 AM   #569
bats
Enjoying Bahama Mama's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
I booked my airfare today!!! Just a few more months to go. I guess I need to fax my planning guide to Meredith before I change my mind about anything else.
Hope you got a good deal

Do you think you may change your mind on things then? I'm fairly set on what I'd like .. but only because I've read about them on here (thanks brides!) ... I haven't even been able to book my cruise yet (2015), so everything could change again a million times!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #570
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

I did get a good deal, we've been watching & waiting to buy. I've changed my mind about the flowers a few times already but I think a lot of that had to do with the fact that I hadn't bought my dress at that point. Who knows what kind of changes will happen for 2015. Maybe they will have different cake designs.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: