Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 09:26 PM   #1
Quasialamodo
Rescue Aid Society Member Since 86

Disneymoon Discounts

Hey all you wise and wonderful wedding folks,

My fiancee is stubborn in his belief that there are honeymoon Disney discounts or special packages, but I can't seem to find any. If there are any, please let me know! I'm planning way out for a Nov. 2015 World Honeymoon. I may do a wedding planning thread in the queer Disney section if anyone's interested in reading.

Thoughts, my friends?

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
2015- Upcoming WDW Honeymoon
Quasialamodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
smgmartin
Earning My Ears

Dont think theres any honeymoon discounts. Mostly only if you do a disney wedding (and even then the discounts arent great). If youre looking at november 2015 I say keep your fingers crossed for free dining! Usually it will go on in November.
smgmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-11-2014, 12:17 AM   #3
Quasialamodo
Rescue Aid Society Member Since 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by smgmartin View Post
Dont think theres any honeymoon discounts. Mostly only if you do a disney wedding (and even then the discounts arent great). If youre looking at november 2015 I say keep your fingers crossed for free dining! Usually it will go on in November.
Well, it's always worth a shot. Sadly, free dining isn't covered for either PO resorts, which is the one I'm looking at. Ironically, it doesn't work for my value choice AOA either.

I will forever want Bernard and Bianca meet and greets and will always wonder why Jane and Meg weren't good enough to be princesses.

95- All Star Music
99/03- Disneyland
2015- Upcoming WDW Honeymoon
Quasialamodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:32 AM   #4
smgmartin
Earning My Ears

Not sure whats important to you resort wise...but have you considered Cornado Springs Resort and then you could get free dining? Same prices as PO and rooms are nice. I really feel like if you go with a moderate resort they are all very similar as far as what they have. I have no clue why PO doesnt do free dining...buy I think it sucks. I just know that if free dining is being offered I dont recommend passing it up. Food in Disney isnt cheap and if youre on your honeymoon you're going to want to eat at nice places.
smgmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 06:09 AM   #5
alyaki
Mouseketeer

Not that it helps, but I know some of the reason PO resorts often aren't included in the free dining offers is because of the fact that they generally having no problem getting bookings. I believe that the discounts are tied (at least a bit) to how full the resort is.

I do know the PO resorts were included in the room only discounts for at least part of the time that that is going on, but I'm not sure about November time frame. If you're hoping for one of the promotions for free dining or room only discounts, and you're willing to switch resorts, you may be able to get them at one of the other moderates.

Just thought I'd put in my 2 cents.
alyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:37 PM   #6
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Yeah, there are definitely no honeymoon packages or discounts. It's confusing because Disney has a whole honeymoon page on their site, but it's just a list of ideas and scant info on how to implement them, not info on honeymoon packages that include them.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
plutosbuddie
Mouseketeer

No discounts I'm afraid... we booked our wedding at WDW and our honeymoon on a disney cruise.. ~we got no discount~

Last edited by plutosbuddie; 07-14-2014 at 10:06 PM.
plutosbuddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Just as others said, there are no discounts specific to honeymoons, but there are discounts that pop up throughout the year.

For our wedding/honeymoon trip, we booked our trip through a travel agency that specializes in Disney vacations. There was no fee to book through them. Our travel agent kept her eye out for discounts & as soon as they were announced, she revamped our reservations to reflect that. We ended up with free dining & it saved us a ton! This worked out well for us because it was one less thing for us to worry about and have to research-our travel agent took care of it for us-easy peasy

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
gginaaxo0
Earning My Ears

I'm going on my Disneymoon here, too, in December 2015. I obviously knew the prices were going to be crazy for Christmastime, so I tried looking for anything. I found out you could rent DVC from an extremely reputable DVC company. Google David's Vacation club Rentals. You'll save a ton!
gginaaxo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #10
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Renting Disney Vacation Club points is a great way to save a bundle on Deluxe resorts. Sometimes as much as 50%! I've written up a little overview of how it works and where to find people to rent from if you don't want to pay the higher prices of a service like David's: http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/rent-dvc-points/
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: