Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2014, 01:51 PM   #1
DisneyShelby
Earning My Ears

Which DVC For Honeymoon

Im getting married in 8 months and my future husband and I are working on picking where we are going to stay on our Honeymoon. We are new DVC members so we really don't know where to stay. What do you think would be the best DVC resort for a honeymoon?
DisneyShelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #2
aristocatz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyShelby View Post
Im getting married in 8 months and my future husband and I are working on picking where we are going to stay on our Honeymoon. We are new DVC members so we really don't know where to stay. What do you think would be the best DVC resort for a honeymoon?
Off the bat, I would say to go with either the Villas at the Grand Floridian or the new Polynesian villas (if they are open by then).

Another great choice would be the Boardwalk Villas, if you want to be near Epcot & DHS.

aristocatz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2014, 02:23 PM   #3
BeachClubBride
Earning My Ears

I would suggest booking now at your home resort and changing at 7 months out. The resorts near the parks (BLT, WL, VGF, BC, BW) can all be a challenge to book at 7 months out. I would take whatever you believe to be the best available at 7 months out and then wait list for your first choice.

Beach club and boardwalk are a much better value in terms of points/night, than the MK resorts. As a splurge I live bay lake tower due to the walk to MK and the firework viewing lounge. Grand floridian and Polynesian just cost too many points in my opinion.
BeachClubBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
asunnysideup
Mouseketeer

We stayed at Boardwalk and AKL DVC on our honeymoon, and both were fantastic - I have to say though, AKL was the perfect, romantic, secluded feeling. If I could only pick one for honeymoon, while Boardwalk is my favorite overall resort, I'd give AKL the best for honeymoon. It's SO romantic!

Our Planning Journal | Our Trip Report
asunnysideup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

I think a lot depends on where you want to spend time in the parks - depending on when you're going in May you could hit the Flower & Garden Festival in Epcot and then you might like the convenience of walking back to your room if you're at Beach Club or Boardwalk. I personally am putting Contemporary next on my list for being able to walk back from MK (can you tell I like not waiting for buses? ) I think AKV is an amazing for enjoying the amenities of the resort and not just having a bed to stay at too.

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 09:43 AM   #6
RenaissanceBabe
Earning My Ears

We rented points at BWV. Never stayed there ourselves but my best friend was just there in February and loved it. We've never stayed close to a park either so that was a big draw for us. I'm excited and I think it will be perfect.

RenaissanceBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 01:43 PM   #7
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

We stayed at Beach Club Villas, Animal Kingdom Villas, the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary on our honeymoon. I liked BCV the best because you get what's practically a water park in the form of Stormalong Bay, plus it's super-close to Epcot and an easy trip to DHS.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:06 PM   #8
Wild4Walt
DIS Veteran

If the Poly rooms are done, IMO, those would be ideal. Overwater Motu's - very romantic. AND they have a view of the castle.

If those aren't completed yet though, we love the BC for location and theme.

POR Oct 14 / POP Oct 12 / Poly Oct 12 / CBR Nov 11 / POR Oct 10 /Pop May 10/Poly Nov 09 / CBR Mar 09 / BWI - Feb 09 / BC- Oct 08 / POFQ - Feb 08 / SSR- Dec 07 / POR - Oct 07 / Poly Oct 05
Wild4Walt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvc, honeymoon

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: