Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2014, 11:18 AM   #1
Krystarella
Mouseketeer

Disney honeymoon registry

Hello beautiful disney couples.
My fiancé and I are getting married here (in Massachusetts,) but we are doing a ten day cumulative land and sea vacation on the disney dream and in the disney parks for our honeymoon in September of 2015. We're just starting to complete tasks, and we wanted our wedding registry to be done by the time we send out our save the dates. So we registered for the disney honeymoon registry, and filled out what we'd like and whatever other hubbub it entails. But I have two questions regarding it;

1) is there any way to somehow separate what port adventures you'd like to take? I feel funny asking for that much money (almost $600!!!) in one category, even if it is separated in increments of $50 or $100. I would feel better about it if it said "jet ski rental" or "Atlantis Dolphin Adventure" instead of just "port adventures Bahamas".

2) how do the funds get dispersed? I checked the website and it says it can be sent in a check to our address or wired directly to a qualifying bank account, but I'm unsure of WHEN this would happen. Would it be the day of our wedding? Our departure date? In a lump some at the end, or in collective small amounts?

Any light on this subject would be so helpful. I thought of calling the registry contact number directly, but so many amazing people on here have helped me before, so I thought I would ask before I wasted an hour on hold!

Thank you!

-Krystal

"We can reach for the stars we find along the way. Dreaming as we learn to love along the way."

Krystarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:34 AM   #2
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Yay MA brides!

In terms of when you get the funds, I believe it says you can request funds up to 3 times (that way I think you can catch any late donators). They can be directly deposited to your account for free I believe, or you can do a check should you prefer.

Sadly it is just Port Adventures. If you wanted to you could always do Fantasy Funds towards the amount. I did find it annoying myself that we couldn't edit the descriptions of things, but oh well.

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
Krystarella
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Yay MA brides! In terms of when you get the funds, I believe it says you can request funds up to 3 times (that way I think you can catch any late donators). They can be directly deposited to your account for free I believe, or you can do a check should you prefer. Sadly it is just Port Adventures. If you wanted to you could always do Fantasy Funds towards the amount. I did find it annoying myself that we couldn't edit the descriptions of things, but oh well.
Another MA bride?! You're few and far between, I haven't yet found another one! I'm glad you're here!!

I saw the "you can request three times" tidbit, but I wasn't sure if there was a time constraint held to it. You never know how all of these things work.

I was afraid there was no way to separate the port adventures....what are Fantasy Funds? Clearly I'm novice in all of this, but I'm glad there are so many helpful people here so I don't pull my hair out for a year!!

Thanks again!

"We can reach for the stars we find along the way. Dreaming as we learn to love along the way."

Krystarella is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: