Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #1
emnems34
Earning My Ears

Question Question for Escape Brides Regarding Venue and Date Availability

Hi all!

So I'm newly engaged and recently posted about the possibility of having a Memories Wedding. Although that's still definitely on the table, my fiance and I were discussing the possibility of doing a lower key reception back home (we're from PA), and going with the bigger wedding at Disney. I just had a question about venues and availability:

Basically, it is really important for us to be able to get married on Leap Day. Since it only comes once every four years, I'm really concerned that there will be fierce competition for the day. I'm just really concerned I'll get my heart set on the Escape wedding, only to lose out in the lottery.

Other than our date, we are absolutely NOT PICKY about anything else (times, venues, etc.) I'd even get married in the middle of the night if I had to!

I guess what my question is, is how likely am I to at least be able to get SOMETHING on that day? If I'm not picky is it still likely I'll be forced into the lottery? Also, if I just tell them I don't care, will they force me to pick something so I can enter a lottery- and am I able to enter multiple lotteries at once? (Like, being as I'm not picky, could I just ask to be put in for every time and venue in the Escape package for that day, or would they limit me to just a 1st and maybe second choice?)

Thanks!

First Trip: WDW Oct 1997- Age 4! Trip 2: WDW Oct 1999- Age 6. Trip 3:WDW + Disney Wonder 3 Day Bahamas + Casatway Cay June 2006- Magic music Days Participant (Dance)- Age 13 Trip 4: WDW July 2007- Magic Music Days Participant- Age 14 (Dance) Trip 5 Disneyland August 2008- Age 15 Trip 6 WDW June 2013- Age 20 Next Planned Trip: March 6-14 2015 Engagement Photos and Celebration!
emnems34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
sambycat
DIS Veteran

welcome and congrats! as you already know, that is going to be a day that there would be a lottery for i am positive of that (is it a weekend or a weekday iím wondering as well?). i canít give you a guess at a percentage of likelihood but my guess would be that if you wanted an escape wedding on that day and were open to anytime and location combo, you would get something. iím imagining the biggest competition would be the wedding pavilion and then go from there. iím not sure offhand how many potential DFTW can happen in one day, but iím willing to bet that chances would be good you could get something. you would want to obviously be ďpenciling inĒ as soon as you could and iím not sure offhand what the timing is as to when they confirm things with a lottery system. if this were important to me, i would try to nail down the time frame to confirmation with DFTW vs. your ďplan bĒ and associated timelines and deposits etc.... it may be something you can plan around or not?

also, if you havenít seen this book yet - you will find it invaluable for planning and decision making! http://www.passporter.com/disney-wed...honeymoons.php

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #3
emnems34
Earning My Ears

Smile

thanks! it falls on a monday, so maybe that will help me a little. Also, I've had a few people talk to me about "penciling in", what exactly does that entail? When I called the Wedding number for Disney the other day the girl just told me to call at a certain amount of months away and seemed annoyed that I had any additonal questions- she sort of rushed me off the phone. How soon before my scheduling date could I call to get "penciled in?" And what would that entail?

First Trip: WDW Oct 1997- Age 4! Trip 2: WDW Oct 1999- Age 6. Trip 3:WDW + Disney Wonder 3 Day Bahamas + Casatway Cay June 2006- Magic music Days Participant (Dance)- Age 13 Trip 4: WDW July 2007- Magic Music Days Participant- Age 14 (Dance) Trip 5 Disneyland August 2008- Age 15 Trip 6 WDW June 2013- Age 20 Next Planned Trip: March 6-14 2015 Engagement Photos and Celebration!
emnems34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #4
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

"Penciling in" means letting your DFTW contact know that you want a certain date/time/location. It is not any kind of guarantee, but it gives them an idea of how many people want that date/time/location and lets them know what you'll be asking for the day you're eligible to sign a contract. Usually you can start talking to them seriously about a month before you're allowed to sign a contract. So 9 months out for Escape, which you can sign a contract for at 8 months.
lurkyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #5
Dignity
Earning My Ears

So from what you're asking/saying:
Currently Escape weddings are only held Mon-Fri (weekends and holidays are not available; I'm not sure if Leap Day would be considered a holiday). I'm guessing it's not, but I'm also guessing it'll be a popular day as is 12-13-14 is this year.

Wishes weddings can book before Escape weddings, you do run the risk that all the most of the time slots will already be booked.

After you are penciled in, a Wishes Wedding can still 'bump' you out of your desired choice(s); so have backups ready and planned.

As far as the lottery goes, I'm not sure how that would work on the same day.

Welcome and Congrats!
When you're able to be penciled in, keep in mind there are some locations that may not be listed on the DFTW site. Or if you're OK with an additional cost and super early ceremony; you may be able to select an Epcot location - there are options that might work for you.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:56 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

If you are totally flexible about time and venue i'm 99% certain you'll get somewhere. The Gazebo at the Yacht club is hardly ever used for weddings.

Your best option is a couple of days before the 8 month mark ask what is already booked by Wishes brides and then ask what has been pencilled in by Escape brides, then you'll know what times and venues no one is interested in and you can book that.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: