Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I guess we got long winded and our old thread has been closed..So here is a new one!

So much has changed since my wedding/VR on DCL..but there seem to be a bunch of new DCL brides..so let the fun continue!

Here is the link to the last thread!

Disney Cruise Brides Part I

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Yay!!! Glad to see you started a new thread for all the DCL brides!! Thank you!
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner

So we are talking about doing a VR for our 10th when we cruise in May 2013. I don't even know where to start. I've looked at the website but don't have a clue... I need to be able to generally figure out actual cost (beyond the $3K for an onboard in 2013). I don't know if I should just call. I just don't know where to begin!
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
So we are talking about doing a VR for our 10th when we cruise in May 2013. I don't even know where to start. I've looked at the website but don't have a clue... I need to be able to generally figure out actual cost (beyond the $3K for an onboard in 2013). I don't know if I should just call. I just don't know where to begin!
I think reading the previous thread will be helpful as well as contacting Disney wedding and looking at the disney cruise line website.

As far as costs the Website defines what is included for the wedding packages. You should include your travel costs to and from port as well as any accommodations you may need, cruise fare, invitations, announcements basic wedding stationary (if your including others), if your inviting more people then included in the package plan to add $20 per additional person over the age of 3. Photography I believe there is a list of prices for onboard on the previous thread or the cost of bringing your own. Other fees to include would be wedding/vr attire, onboard tips & other items not included in your cruise fees, additional floral or cake upgrades. Add ons really are what you choose to add you can keep it simple or take it to the level you want it to be. I honestly think when planning a wedding or vr your best bet is to set your budget first and then work your way from there.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Glad to see a new thread. The old one and the knowledge of past cruise brides was a lifesaver to me when I was planning my wedding.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Davids-Coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
I think reading the previous thread will be helpful as well as contacting Disney wedding and looking at the disney cruise line website.

As far as costs the Website defines what is included for the wedding packages. You should include your travel costs to and from port as well as any accommodations you may need, cruise fare, invitations, announcements basic wedding stationary (if your including others), if your inviting more people then included in the package plan to add $20 per additional person over the age of 3. Photography I believe there is a list of prices for onboard on the previous thread or the cost of bringing your own. Other fees to include would be wedding/vr attire, onboard tips & other items not included in your cruise fees, additional floral or cake upgrades. Add ons really are what you choose to add you can keep it simple or take it to the level you want it to be. I honestly think when planning a wedding or vr your best bet is to set your budget first and then work your way from there.
I have scanned through the last 60 or so pages. Unfortuantely, having small children at home means that there is not really time to read. We already have the cruise, so the VR would essentially be an "add on" to that. Thankfully we have cruised with disney before so I have an idea what that entails as well. I guess what I am really needing is to call at this point. I've already done all the online research.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
RumBelle
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone! I was lurking in the old thread for months, but finally decided to join cause I'm now getting married on the Magic in November! I finally got the planning guide last week. Still plenty of time to do it, but I'm really excited and can't wait haha.

RumBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I have scanned through the last 60 or so pages. Unfortuantely, having small children at home means that there is not really time to read. We already have the cruise, so the VR would essentially be an "add on" to that. Thankfully we have cruised with disney before so I have an idea what that entails as well. I guess what I am really needing is to call at this point. I've already done all the online research.
Yeah, if you've read the basic information online, the next step is adding the package to your cruise. If you ring DFTW, they'll transfer you to a DCL representative, who'll check availability for VR on your cruise. They'll also take your information to give to Shanda, DFTW's DCL coordinator. She'll then send you a welcome email giving you information on how to proceed and all the planning materials. The planning materials outline all the choices you need to make for the ceremony and costs for extra floral, special cakes, etc. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumBelle View Post
Hi everyone! I was lurking in the old thread for months, but finally decided to join cause I'm now getting married on the Magic in November! I finally got the planning guide last week. Still plenty of time to do it, but I'm really excited and can't wait haha.
Welcome!!

Congratulations on your engagement! The Magic is a beautiful ship! What itinerary are you doing?

Last edited by Freckledginger; 04-25-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry I was trying to be helpful, considering in your last post you said "I just don't know where to begin". Seeing as to how you've already read the information on the disney wedding site and you've been reading the previous cruise thread. It sounds like you've exhausted the internet options I would say calling the wedding coordinators and setting your dates are your next steps.

Congratulations!!

Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumBelle View Post
Welcome Rumbelle!!

Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Davids-Coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Sorry I was trying to be helpful, considering in your last post you said "I just don't know where to begin". Seeing as to how you've already read the information on the disney wedding site and you've been reading the previous cruise thread. It sounds like you've exhausted the internet options I would say calling the wedding coordinators and setting your dates are your next steps.

Congratulations!!
Not to worry... I just didn't know if there was something else I needed to figure out before calling. I guess I thought there was something additional although I didn't know what! lol. I'm pretty good at confusing myself or overanalyzing the world. I think that is the motherhood piece of it all!
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
stl_figment
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not to worry... I just didn't know if there was something else I needed to figure out before calling. I guess I thought there was something additional although I didn't know what! lol. I'm pretty good at confusing myself or overanalyzing the world. I think that is the motherhood piece of it all!
I apologize if I missed it mentioned earlier but the only thing I would add is you'll have to book your cruise first before they let you confirm a date.

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
RumBelle
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Welcome!!

Congratulations on your engagement! The Magic is a beautiful ship! What itinerary are you doing?
Thanks everyone

And I'm doing the Nov 10-17 Western Caribbean cruise. It's going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

RumBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Davids-Coco

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
I apologize if I missed it mentioned earlier but the only thing I would add is you'll have to book your cruise first before they let you confirm a date.
Thank you. We are booked and paid in full... and were at over 400 days out! I'd say we are a bit anxious
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #15
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you. We are booked and paid in full... and were at over 400 days out! I'd say we are a bit anxious
I would definitely call to be sure to book your dates especially since your paid in full.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: