Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet
 
DisneyDmbNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Two Hours South of the World
Posts: 12,916

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I guess we got long winded and our old thread has been closed..So here is a new one!

So much has changed since my wedding/VR on DCL..but there seem to be a bunch of new DCL brides..so let the fun continue!

Here is the link to the last thread!


Disney Cruise Brides Part I
__________________
DCL Wedding Video[url=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1909625] DCL Vow Renewal Report

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Yay!!! Glad to see you started a new thread for all the DCL brides!! Thank you!
__________________
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner
 
Davids-Coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,722

So we are talking about doing a VR for our 10th when we cruise in May 2013. I don't even know where to start. I've looked at the website but don't have a clue... I need to be able to generally figure out actual cost (beyond the $3K for an onboard in 2013). I don't know if I should just call. I just don't know where to begin!
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2
Next trip: Disneyland!
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
Evi
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
So we are talking about doing a VR for our 10th when we cruise in May 2013. I don't even know where to start. I've looked at the website but don't have a clue... I need to be able to generally figure out actual cost (beyond the $3K for an onboard in 2013). I don't know if I should just call. I just don't know where to begin!
I think reading the previous thread will be helpful as well as contacting Disney wedding and looking at the disney cruise line website.

As far as costs the Website defines what is included for the wedding packages. You should include your travel costs to and from port as well as any accommodations you may need, cruise fare, invitations, announcements basic wedding stationary (if your including others), if your inviting more people then included in the package plan to add $20 per additional person over the age of 3. Photography I believe there is a list of prices for onboard on the previous thread or the cost of bringing your own. Other fees to include would be wedding/vr attire, onboard tips & other items not included in your cruise fees, additional floral or cake upgrades. Add ons really are what you choose to add you can keep it simple or take it to the level you want it to be. I honestly think when planning a wedding or vr your best bet is to set your budget first and then work your way from there.
__________________
Nov 2011 AKL CL, 2010 POFQ, 2009 CBR, 2008 CR CL, 2007 POR, 2006 CR, 2005 POR, DL GC, 2004 CR, DL GC, 2003 CR, 2002 YC, 1996 CR, 1984 CR, 1978 Poly First Trip.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
stl_figment
Mouseketeer
 
stl_figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335

Glad to see a new thread. The old one and the knowledge of past cruise brides was a lifesaver to me when I was planning my wedding.
__________________
My Disney Dream Wedding ~ September 17, 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484723

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner
 
Davids-Coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
I think reading the previous thread will be helpful as well as contacting Disney wedding and looking at the disney cruise line website.

As far as costs the Website defines what is included for the wedding packages. You should include your travel costs to and from port as well as any accommodations you may need, cruise fare, invitations, announcements basic wedding stationary (if your including others), if your inviting more people then included in the package plan to add $20 per additional person over the age of 3. Photography I believe there is a list of prices for onboard on the previous thread or the cost of bringing your own. Other fees to include would be wedding/vr attire, onboard tips & other items not included in your cruise fees, additional floral or cake upgrades. Add ons really are what you choose to add you can keep it simple or take it to the level you want it to be. I honestly think when planning a wedding or vr your best bet is to set your budget first and then work your way from there.
I have scanned through the last 60 or so pages. Unfortuantely, having small children at home means that there is not really time to read. We already have the cruise, so the VR would essentially be an "add on" to that. Thankfully we have cruised with disney before so I have an idea what that entails as well. I guess what I am really needing is to call at this point. I've already done all the online research.
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2
Next trip: Disneyland!
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:16 PM   #7
RumBelle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4

Hi everyone! I was lurking in the old thread for months, but finally decided to join cause I'm now getting married on the Magic in November! I finally got the planning guide last week. Still plenty of time to do it, but I'm really excited and can't wait haha.
__________________


RumBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer
 
Freckledginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Katy, Tx
Posts: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
I have scanned through the last 60 or so pages. Unfortuantely, having small children at home means that there is not really time to read. We already have the cruise, so the VR would essentially be an "add on" to that. Thankfully we have cruised with disney before so I have an idea what that entails as well. I guess what I am really needing is to call at this point. I've already done all the online research.
Yeah, if you've read the basic information online, the next step is adding the package to your cruise. If you ring DFTW, they'll transfer you to a DCL representative, who'll check availability for VR on your cruise. They'll also take your information to give to Shanda, DFTW's DCL coordinator. She'll then send you a welcome email giving you information on how to proceed and all the planning materials. The planning materials outline all the choices you need to make for the ceremony and costs for extra floral, special cakes, etc. Good luck!


Quote:
Originally Posted by RumBelle View Post
Hi everyone! I was lurking in the old thread for months, but finally decided to join cause I'm now getting married on the Magic in November! I finally got the planning guide last week. Still plenty of time to do it, but I'm really excited and can't wait haha.
Welcome!!

Congratulations on your engagement! The Magic is a beautiful ship! What itinerary are you doing?
__________________

Last edited by Freckledginger; 04-25-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Freckledginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Evi
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
I have scanned through the last 60 or so pages. Unfortuantely, having small children at home means that there is not really time to read. We already have the cruise, so the VR would essentially be an "add on" to that. Thankfully we have cruised with disney before so I have an idea what that entails as well. I guess what I am really needing is to call at this point. I've already done all the online research.
Sorry I was trying to be helpful, considering in your last post you said "I just don't know where to begin". Seeing as to how you've already read the information on the disney wedding site and you've been reading the previous cruise thread. It sounds like you've exhausted the internet options I would say calling the wedding coordinators and setting your dates are your next steps.

Congratulations!!
__________________
Nov 2011 AKL CL, 2010 POFQ, 2009 CBR, 2008 CR CL, 2007 POR, 2006 CR, 2005 POR, DL GC, 2004 CR, DL GC, 2003 CR, 2002 YC, 1996 CR, 1984 CR, 1978 Poly First Trip.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
Evi
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumBelle View Post
Hi everyone! I was lurking in the old thread for months, but finally decided to join cause I'm now getting married on the Magic in November! I finally got the planning guide last week. Still plenty of time to do it, but I'm really excited and can't wait haha.
Welcome Rumbelle!!
__________________
Nov 2011 AKL CL, 2010 POFQ, 2009 CBR, 2008 CR CL, 2007 POR, 2006 CR, 2005 POR, DL GC, 2004 CR, DL GC, 2003 CR, 2002 YC, 1996 CR, 1984 CR, 1978 Poly First Trip.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #11
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner
 
Davids-Coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Sorry I was trying to be helpful, considering in your last post you said "I just don't know where to begin". Seeing as to how you've already read the information on the disney wedding site and you've been reading the previous cruise thread. It sounds like you've exhausted the internet options I would say calling the wedding coordinators and setting your dates are your next steps.

Congratulations!!
Not to worry... I just didn't know if there was something else I needed to figure out before calling. I guess I thought there was something additional although I didn't know what! lol. I'm pretty good at confusing myself or overanalyzing the world. I think that is the motherhood piece of it all!
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2
Next trip: Disneyland!
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:40 PM   #12
stl_figment
Mouseketeer
 
stl_figment's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
Not to worry... I just didn't know if there was something else I needed to figure out before calling. I guess I thought there was something additional although I didn't know what! lol. I'm pretty good at confusing myself or overanalyzing the world. I think that is the motherhood piece of it all!
I apologize if I missed it mentioned earlier but the only thing I would add is you'll have to book your cruise first before they let you confirm a date.
__________________
My Disney Dream Wedding ~ September 17, 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2484723

stl_figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #13
RumBelle
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Welcome!!

Congratulations on your engagement! The Magic is a beautiful ship! What itinerary are you doing?
Thanks everyone

And I'm doing the Nov 10-17 Western Caribbean cruise. It's going to Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.
__________________


RumBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:34 PM   #14
Davids-Coco
Sometimes my inner monologue isn't so inner
 
Davids-Coco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 1,722

Quote:
Originally Posted by stl_figment View Post
I apologize if I missed it mentioned earlier but the only thing I would add is you'll have to book your cruise first before they let you confirm a date.
Thank you. We are booked and paid in full... and were at over 400 days out! I'd say we are a bit anxious
__________________
Me DH DS1 DS2
Next trip: Disneyland!
Davids-Coco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #15
Evi
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davids-Coco View Post
Thank you. We are booked and paid in full... and were at over 400 days out! I'd say we are a bit anxious
I would definitely call to be sure to book your dates especially since your paid in full.
__________________
Nov 2011 AKL CL, 2010 POFQ, 2009 CBR, 2008 CR CL, 2007 POR, 2006 CR, 2005 POR, DL GC, 2004 CR, DL GC, 2003 CR, 2002 YC, 1996 CR, 1984 CR, 1978 Poly First Trip.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: