Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #46
DFD
You know that feeling you get when youíre standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I donít have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrieannew View Post
Oh brother
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy_joe View Post
Nice! I live and work in Boston. I went to a friend's wedding out in Worcester last October (the day after returning from a Disney trip, incidentally). I don't get out there very often, since it's 40 miles away, but there are some nice places like Armsby Abbey (beer bar) and the park where the wedding was.

I sure am glad I spoke up here!
Carrieannew is adjacent to to Worcester... the one who got married last weekend is a closed friend....

Maybe we can plan a Chinatown meet or a floating swan meet in Boston! Soon as the weather gets nicer... The groom works in Boston and that's how I get around ... I fly in at Logan.... take the silver line to South Station leave my bags at his office and galavant till 4PM when he is ready to go we take the commuter train to Grafton!!! Yeah!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy_joe View Post
Wow! I haven't even been posting on here for very long and already I feel welcome

How'd you manage to snag a reservation on Epcot's 30th Anniversary? It just happens to be my favorite park as well.

I'll have to see what's planned with my folks while I'm down there. My dad and I are often on the golf course in the morning, but we usually take a few mornings "off". (We've tried playing daily, and by the end we could barely even lift our clubs up. But my dad hit a hole-in-one on the last day, which made it all OK.)
not bad in getting a ressie maybe because we did it at the 180 mark... as I said.. I will give up my sit if you come join (and get to meet Carrie ) us at Via Napoli !!!!
Old 05-12-2012, 07:37 PM   #47
Indianadisneyfan
DIS Veteran

You can count me into the single group. I'm a 43 yrs young with no kids and love Disney. I'll be there September 23-28 if there's any singles there at the same time. I'm staying at POP.

June 2004 Off site
Oct. 2006 POR
Oct. 2007 POR

Last edited by Indianadisneyfan; 05-12-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Indianadisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #48
Carrieannew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFD View Post
Carrieannew is adjacent to to Worcester... the one who got married last weekend is a closed friend....

Maybe we can plan a Chinatown meet or a floating swan meet in Boston! Soon as the weather gets nicer... The groom works in Boston and that's how I get around ... I fly in at Logan.... take the silver line to South Station leave my bags at his office and galavant till 4PM when he is ready to go we take the commuter train to Grafton!!! Yeah!!!!

not bad in getting a ressie maybe because we did it at the 180 mark... as I said.. I will give up my sit if you come join (and get to meet Carrie ) us at Via Napoli !!!!
FD I'm going to roll my eyes at you in a moment!

I'm not even sure I remember agreeing to that meal! My seat is most likely open
Dec 2005 - SSR, Dolphin & POP, Sept 2006 Asmo, Sept 2007 Asmo, Feb 2008 1st Solo Trip POP, May 2008 POP, June 2008 Asmo, Aug 2008 POP, Oct 2008 offsite, Dec 2008 POP, May 2009 POP Singles Take 2, Aug 2009 VWL & POP, May/June 2011 POFQ/ASmu, Oct 2011 POP, Dec 2011 SSR , Feb 12 Offsite, Sept/Oct 2012 AKV
Carrieannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #49
DFD
You know that feeling you get when youíre standing in a high place with a sudden urge to jump? I donít have it.
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indianadisneyfan View Post
You can count me into the single group. I'm a 43 yrs young with no kids and love Disney. I'll be there September 23-28 if there's any singles there at the same time. I'm staying at POP.
well then it will be an MCO Meet... LoL some of us get in on the 28th
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #50
DFD
I take it plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrieannew View Post
FD I'm going to roll my eyes at you in a moment!

I'm not even sure I remember agreeing to that meal! My seat is most likely open
hello....
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 AM   #51
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

23 year old single here!
I live in IL, and am actively searching for jobs in Orlando.
I'm looking to meet new people
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

lthiesfeld07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 02:48 AM   #52
DisneyWorldTraveller
Earning My Ears

I'm single and I'm 33.... Arrrh that doesn't sound great. U have to bear with me it's my 33rd birthday today. I've spent it with family in the beautiful Queensland Australia, so I count myself (and my kids) extremely lucky. I see there's been some 23 and 43 year olds repond so I'm midway.

Also I will be in WDW all the way from Melbourne Australia from September 20th till October 4th.
DisneyWorldTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:48 AM   #53
Indianadisneyfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWorldTraveller View Post
I'm single and I'm 33.... Arrrh that doesn't sound great. U have to bear with me it's my 33rd birthday today. I've spent it with family in the beautiful Queensland Australia, so I count myself (and my kids) extremely lucky. I see there's been some 23 and 43 year olds repond so I'm midway.

Also I will be in WDW all the way from Melbourne Australia from September 20th till October 4th.
Well happy birthday where are you staying at? I'm staying at POP Century.

June 2004 Off site
Oct. 2006 POR
Oct. 2007 POR
Indianadisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #54
NJDiva
NJDiva Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyWorldTraveller View Post

Happy birthday ...my birthday was 4 days ago so I know how you feel....it will be fine

NJDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #55
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

A lot of people have been talking about Boston on this thread-my dad, sister, and I might be going to Boston over the summer for a short vacation. I've never been there so if we do go it should be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PebblesMK View Post
Count me in on this thread. I'm a 30 year old female from Wisconsin. I have an 11 year old daughter. I love Disney because it's so carefree and the people watching is amazing there. With that said, I've only been there 5 times and three of those times I barely remember. I think I should probably go a few more times to make up for the lost memories.
Hi to another fellow Wisconsinite! I think you should go a few more times.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
wdwgirl03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #56
Gina
Remembers the Great DIS Board Crash of '99
The planning is half the fun

Another single wannabe-princess here, 45 and addicted to Disney like so many others. Also a single mom to a pretty dang awesome 16 year old.

So many people single people here -- are all y'all on DisDates??? I am -- user name "crazy4disney." Awesome site -- just needs more Texas guys.

Find me on... Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Gina (Me - 47) ~ DS (18) ~ DBF (47)
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #57
michigan nurse
Earning My Ears

single, F, will be there sept. 17-24 staying at ASMU
michigan nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #58
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

Wow, there are a lot of people apparently going in October. Is it because of F&W? I have had some great times over the past few years there, and I am sure I will run into some of you while I'm at WDW.

I am actually flying in on Friday 9/28 as well, so it might as well be an MCO meet. Is there a T-shirt or something to wear so maybe we can spot each other on the plane on the way down?
Old 05-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #59
goofy_joe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
A lot of people have been talking about Boston on this thread-my dad, sister, and I might be going to Boston over the summer for a short vacation. I've never been there so if we do go it should be fun!
Happy to answer any Boston-related tourism questions for you if you've got 'em
Old 05-15-2012, 02:08 PM   #60
Ilivetogo
I really DO want to live there!
I circulate my paper clips at work so they all get used or I feel like they'd be sad if they didn't get a "turn".

Hello everyone!! In case you weren't aware there's a Disney dating site ....
www.DisDates.com

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: