Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
emilyann415
DIS Veteran

Tried Booking a Cabana Today and Something Weird Happened???

Maybe it's nothing and in reality it probably is nothing....but I've been trying to book a cabana for a month now stalking the website for one to open or for them to add the 3 new ones for booking. We cruise in mid July.
Today I went on and it lists an excursion as CAB21 SER. Which I think is cabana 21 on Serenity Bay. No further information is available when you click on it. And it probably is a serenity bay cabana but it lists the prices for infants, children, and adults as undetermined. I book it and it does only let me book for only my DH and me so I'm sure that's what it is...but then it still shows up as being available to book on the website. It doesn't show sold out????? I logged out and went back in and everything. Don't they save one of the Serenity Bay Cabanas for concierge to book onboard????
emilyann415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Check your cruise activities. If the cabana is listed on your port adventures, you are good.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #3
samily
DIS Veteran

When ever we have booked a cabana, it has always shown as still available on the DCL site. The first time this happened I called DCL and was assured that we had it reserved and that it only showed as available to me - it would not show as available to anyone else on the site.

I don't think I've seen cabana 21 listed there on any of our cruises though, so that is a little odd. We did get moved to #21 on one of our cruises - it is a great cabana to get so enjoy!
"And so many nights I just dream of the ocean; God, I wish I was sailin' again; Oh, yesterdays are over my shoulder; So I can't look back for too long; There's just too much to see waiting in front of me, and I know that I just can't go wrong...." Jimmy Buffett
samily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:58 AM   #4
TLovesDisney
Earning My Ears

Same thing happened to us in Jan but it showed I booked it. We had no problems once on board. We got lucky and found one a week before our 1st disney cruise.
Jan 2014 - WDW - French Quaters/Coronado Springs
Jan 2014 - Disney Dream 4-Day
Oct 2014 - Disney Fantasy 7-Day
TLovesDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #5
taswira
"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!

DELETED: Ooops! Wrong info.
taswira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 10:22 AM   #6
maryisme
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyann415 View Post
Maybe it's nothing and in reality it probably is nothing....but I've been trying to book a cabana for a month now stalking the website for one to open or for them to add the 3 new ones for booking. We cruise in mid July.
Today I went on and it lists an excursion as CAB21 SER. Which I think is cabana 21 on Serenity Bay. No further information is available when you click on it. And it probably is a serenity bay cabana but it lists the prices for infants, children, and adults as undetermined. I book it and it does only let me book for only my DH and me so I'm sure that's what it is...but then it still shows up as being available to book on the website. It doesn't show sold out????? I logged out and went back in and everything. Don't they save one of the Serenity Bay Cabanas for concierge to book onboard????
Hi,
I logged in at the same time yesterday trying to grab a cabana for our August cruise and booked the same cabana. It was represented exactly as you indicated above. Pricing is the same on mine as well - undetermined.

I think we are good to go! I needed two cabanas for our group of 12 and am thrilled to have snagged our second one. Enjoy!
Maryann
maryisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
Linda67
Has a Masters in Margaritas

Bumping this thread as Ive just booked CAB21 SER
When I first logged on and spotted it, I was unsure what it was, as it is listed and named totally differently to the other cabanas
Have any of the previous posters on this thread experienced cabana 21 once they have booked in this rather unconventional way?
Why is cabana number 21 singled out in this way?
I keep logging back on to see if it has disappeared from my cruise activities list but nope, it's still there
Linda67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda67 View Post
Bumping this thread as Ive just booked CAB21 SER
When I first logged on and spotted it, I was unsure what it was, as it is listed and named totally differently to the other cabanas
Have any of the previous posters on this thread experienced cabana 21 once they have booked in this rather unconventional way?
Why is cabana number 21 singled out in this way?
I keep logging back on to see if it has disappeared from my cruise activities list but nope, it's still there
Pretty sure 21 is going to be the double sized one. Prices for that one will probably reflect the increased capacity. What's the cost for it?

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #9
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
Pretty sure 21 is going to be the double sized one. Prices for that one will probably reflect the increased capacity. What's the cost for it?
It just says 'pricing TBC'
I've seen other on-line mentions of Cabana 21 though so I don't think it's one of the new ones
Aren't there 20 cabanas in total but there is no number 13, hence cabana 21?
The original poster in this thread booked number 21 for a July cruise and the new ones aren't open yet are they?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
It just says 'pricing TBC'
I've seen other on-line mentions of Cabana 21 though so I don't think it's one of the new ones
Aren't there 20 cabanas in total but there is no number 13, hence cabana 21?
The original poster in this thread booked number 21 for a July cruise and the new ones aren't open yet are they?
The original numbering was 1-17 on the family beach and 18-21 on the adult beach. But someone already reported that the numbers have changed on the adult beach. They are now 22-25 (I think). So that opens up 18-21 to be assigned to the 4 new ones, with 21 being the oversized one.

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:25 PM   #11
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by samily View Post
We did get moved to #21 on one of our cruises - it is a great cabana to get so enjoy!
Here is an example of someone using this cabana within this thread, this would suggest that number 21 is already open and I didn't think the new ones were up and running yet?
Old 07-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #12
Linda67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
The original numbering was 1-17 on the family beach and 18-21 on the adult beach. But someone already reported that the numbers have changed on the adult beach. They are now 22-25 (I think). So that opens up 18-21 to be assigned to the 4 new ones, with 21 being the oversized one.
Ah, that makes more sense, so if I've booked the oversized one, I am guessing it's going to be pretty expensive
Old 07-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #13
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Ah, that makes more sense, so if I've booked the oversized one, I am guessing it's going to be pretty expensive
This was where I read about the new numbering though so it is still kind of confusing as to whether the website has been updated with the new numbers. This person said that concierge informed them that the number would be different when they got there. The SER at the end of the description sounds like it still may be the Serenity Bay one. Do you have kids with you? Were you able to add them. I don't think you could have added kids if this was for Serenity Bay.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...10&postcount=8

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #14
erionm
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetskigrl View Post
They don't appear to have been renumbered yet. I have Serenity Bay #20 booked for our 8/24 Dream Cruise.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #15
Bettyscruise
Earning My Ears

FWIW; Our reservation for an October cruise, still shows Cabana 19, which is in Serenity Bay. This was confirmed in an email also. If they are changing numbers now, they aren't making changes to previous reservation apparently.

That number cabana does show as available when we log on. We were told it was not open to anyone but us. Nobody else would see it as available. I guess that's how they do so cancellation is possible.

MAGIC Halloween Cruise 2014
Bettyscruise is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: