Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #1
The Mad Doctor
Earning My Ears

Poll-Do you really enjoy 22 oz. of beer?

This goes out to my fellow beer drinkers. If you purchase the Disney collectable mug, do you really enjoy drinking the 22 oz. of beer for the price of a 16 oz.? Do you use the mug during the entire course of the cruise or just use it when ever? The reason I bring this up is that it's a lot of beer to drink before it starts to get warm(close to two 12 oz. cans of beer). I don't like warm beer and I don't chug. I usually just buy a bucket and put the rest in the fridge. Just curious what my fellow beer drinkers do.
The Mad Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

We've never tried it before but I just purchased this for my husband for our cruise. Interested to see what others have to say. My husband will drink a large beer quickly so I'm not worried about that necessarily. I don't really know if he'll consume enough to make it worth it but thats okay. its a nice mug

ETA - i don't mean worth it regarding cost of the mug I just mean worth doing in general....bringing the mug with you or going to get it when you want a drink as opposed to just paying for the larger beer

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2014, 05:49 PM   #3
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

You can't pay for the larger beer without the mug--draft beer is a single price. If you have a mug, you get 22oz; it not, you get 16oz.

As for drinking it all while it's cold, I never found that to be a problem! Think of it this way, if you only drink 16oz and then it gets too warm, you can dump the rest out and it was "free beer" anyway. Or, I found that sometimes my wife and I would share a single beer from the mug when we both wanted a little but not our own big serving.

Finally, here's a little tip that I didn't know about until about day 5 (and when I found out about it is when I actually bought the mug). You don't have to carry the mug around with you all the time on the off chance you might pass a bar and be in the mood for a beer. After you finish your beer, bring the mug back to any bar and they will exchange it for a little plastic card. You can carry THAT around, and just use it when you're ready to order another mug of beer at any bar later!
Old 10-12-2014, 08:47 PM   #4
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Doctor View Post
I don't like warm beer and I don't chug.
You obviously never went to college.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
CastawayCayLover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Doctor View Post
I usually just buy a bucket and put the rest in the fridge.
The "rest" is the melted ice, bottle caps and empty bottles. Seems like a waste of fridge space.
CastawayCayLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:39 PM   #6
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman93 View Post
You can't pay for the larger beer without the mug--draft beer is a single price. If you have a mug, you get 22oz; it not, you get 16oz. As for drinking it all while it's cold, I never found that to be a problem! Think of it this way, if you only drink 16oz and then it gets too warm, you can dump the rest out and it was "free beer" anyway. Or, I found that sometimes my wife and I would share a single beer from the mug when we both wanted a little but not our own big serving. Finally, here's a little tip that I didn't know about until about day 5 (and when I found out about it is when I actually bought the mug). You don't have to carry the mug around with you all the time on the off chance you might pass a bar and be in the mood for a beer. After you finish your beer, bring the mug back to any bar and they will exchange it for a little plastic card. You can carry THAT around, and just use it when you're ready to order another mug of beer at any bar later!

2015 June 6 days akv- club level March- 9 days Boardwalk villas spring break January GF RPC and disney dream 2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL October 3 days Grand Floridian Halloween Party TripJuly: 4 days boardwalk villas/Boardwalk Inn club level June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC May - 4 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl 2011 - Disney Dream and AKV- Kidani (our son's first disney trip) 2010 Disney's Vero Beach Resort 2009 Disney's Vero Beach Resort (our son's first vacation)
Husband, myself and 5 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:40 PM   #7
Racer X
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
You obviously never went to college.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 02:50 AM   #8
jpeppers
DIS Veteran

It's one of the few bargains I get on or at Disney and I enjoy every last warm drop although I'm usually drinking in air conditioning so that helps keep it cool and there might even be a few times I fill my mug in my room (I know, very wrong to do).
jpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 10:38 AM   #9
mizzoufinal4
Earning My Ears

Beer mug token

Yep get the beer mug token! You don't have to carry your mug around with you. Also on the last day of the cruise you can turn your token into a bar and get a clean mug to take home with you or you can bring the token home with you and use it again on your next cruise!
mizzoufinal4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #10
uflaw
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the heads up on the exchange for a token. I was wondering about this as well.

How much is the first mug?

thanks!
uflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 04:51 PM   #11
cgolf
DIS Veteran

Don't forget that a lot of beers taste better as they warm up. Gluten Free now so my choices are limited, but from my real beer drinking days I remember a lot of beers would become less bitter and the flavor profile would become more vibrant as it warms up.

cgolf
Fantasy 1/13, 1/14
cgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:00 PM   #12
Iceman93
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by uflaw View Post
How much is the first mug?
IIRC it was $15.95 plus the cost of the beer itself. So basically the price of a nice Disney mug you could buy in the parks, but this one comes with extra free beer the whole cruise!
Old 10-13-2014, 11:51 PM   #13
jplum13
Earning My Ears

My wife and I share the 22 oz. No problems getting warm...
jplum13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: