Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2014, 04:48 AM   #1
Jaylie
Mouseketeer

Aladdin show

What ship is the Aladdin stage show on? Will it still be on for a March 2015 sailing? Thanks.
Jaylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 05:14 AM   #2
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

Fantasy. In all likelihood, yes. Since such a large amount of money and time is invested in the Broadway-style shows they aim to run them for 7 years or so. Since this is a pretty new show to DCL it would be odd for it to not be around.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

87 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2014, 05:43 AM   #3
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
Fantasy. In all likelihood, yes. Since such a large amount of money and time is invested in the Broadway-style shows they aim to run them for 7 years or so. Since this is a pretty new show to DCL it would be odd for it to not be around.
The only reason I could possibly see for them pulling it is they are getting ready to open it in an expanded version on Broadway and they may not want to compete.

Then again, Beauty and the Beast ran simultaneously at Studios and expanded on Broadway. So they probably wouldn't pull it. Just something to be aware of.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:33 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

I do not think it would be pulled just because it is opening on Broadway....at least I hope not!!!

We are going to Aladdin on Broadway on the 27th of this month and will be on the Fantasy this July and would be happy to see them both!!! I really enjoyed Aladdin on the Fantasy last year.

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 1 time

)“DON'T BE SAD IT'S OVER, BE HAPPY IT HAPPENED!!
mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Aladdin has been playing at DCA (across from Disneyland) for years and years and years.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:05 AM   #6
Tashinwdw
Holidays at WDW - closest I will ever get to being a Princess

I would love to see that, it takes many years for any Broadway shows to get to Australia and only a few make it. Wish it was playing on the Dream. Might have to try and convince hubby that another cruise is necessary in the near future. Wish DCL sailed to Australia.

Disneyland & WDW 1996 WDW at Boardwalk 2012
Bring on 2014 WDW, DCL and Disneyland YAY!
Tashinwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
n8nally
Mouseketeer

Please note: just because the show is based on the same Disney movie does not mean it is the same or similar show! Beauty and the Beast Live Onstage at DHS is nothing like the broadway Beauty and the Beast. Costuming, music, songs, choreography, all very different! So just because it is Aladdin, doesn't mean it is anything like the Broadway show! As was stated, the Aladdin show at DCA has been running for years! It is wonderful, but I do not expect it to be the same Aladdin on the Fantasy (someone who has seen both- is it?) and certainly not at all like the Broadway show.

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #8
DahliaRW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8nally View Post
Please note: just because the show is based on the same Disney movie does not mean it is the same or similar show! Beauty and the Beast Live Onstage at DHS is nothing like the broadway Beauty and the Beast. Costuming, music, songs, choreography, all very different! So just because it is Aladdin, doesn't mean it is anything like the Broadway show! As was stated, the Aladdin show at DCA has been running for years! It is wonderful, but I do not expect it to be the same Aladdin on the Fantasy (someone who has seen both- is it?) and certainly not at all like the Broadway show.
It was quite similar between the Fantasy and DCA, actually. It may be the same script, but I can't remember for sure. No flying carpet above the audience on the ship, though. Different "modern" jokes. And the actors at DCA were better, which is not a surprise really.
Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean Cruise January 18-25, 2014
Walt Disney World (Port Orleans Riverside) January 25-29, 2014 (Epcot, AK, MK, Epcot, HS)

DahliaRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahliaRW View Post
It was quite similar between the Fantasy and DCA, actually. It may be the same script, but I can't remember for sure. No flying carpet above the audience on the ship, though.
The shows are quite similar. Actually, I like the flying carpet effect better on the Fantasy. The Fantasy version uses more modern projection technology, among other things.

Quote:
And the actors at DCA were better, which is not a surprise really.
The DCA actors do nothing other than perform Aladdin full time, whereas the ones on the Fantasy so so only one day per week, and also have roles in 4 other weekly shows. Because of that, I would expect the performances on the Fantasy to be at least a bit less dialed in.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:10 PM   #10
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

and "It's ALL About the Genie" - The actor has to be strong, confident, and have a great sense of timing to pull it off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: