Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #1351
MonorailJunkie
Earning My Ears

FIGURED IT OUT! PICS BELOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonorailJunkie View Post
Hey everyone!

I am pretty new to this site for the most part, I don't post much but I definitely love to read about these cakes! So much so that I was inspired to order one for my mother's birthday dinner in EPCOT about 2 weeks ago. We had the cake delivered to our table at Le Cellier and it was a hit! The staff were telling me how much they loved the cake and they had all taken pictures of it before they brought it out! She is a huge Snow White fan so I worked out some ideas with Theresa over in the Yacht & Beach Club Bakery to really knock this one out of the park. I gave her a pic I found online of a cupcake liner that was made to resemble Snow White's dress and told her I would love to have a red candy apple placed on top with a quote from the movie. We went with 2x 8" vanilla cake with fondant icing and chocolate buttercream filling, it was FAR from dry and tasted outrageous! This cake exceeded my expectations, was definitely within my budget and made my mother sooo happy! It was so perfect! I am absolutely going to do this again when I come back to WDW!

I just need to figure out how to post a picture of this thing!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 01-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1352
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Just darling. I'm a huge Snow White fan myself.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2013, 07:18 PM   #1353
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
WOW what a cake. This was really cool.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 01-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #1354
babygus0
Earning My Ears

Here is the cake we had delivered to Whispering Canyon. It was vanilla cake, vanilla custard filling and butter cream icing. It was moist, and tasted delish, and the girls loved the plastic figurines on top! Price was $62

Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 AM   #1355
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup princess View Post

Just got back and I thought I'd post a picture of our Cars themed cake. I had this delivered to our Cars suite at the Art of Animation resort. I wanted a Cars/Rusteez themed cake just as a way to poke fun at my husband for his 40th birthday. I wasn't too specific with directions. I just asked for a Cars theme with a big number 40 on it and I asked them to incorporate the Rusteez quote from the movie on a white chocolate plaquard. It was an 8 inch vanilla with white chocolate mouse filling. I had originally asked for buttercream only because I didn't want to pay for fondant and I wasn't sure my kids would like the taste of it anyway, but I was pleasantly surprised when I received a fondant cake. I was also pleasantly surprised that the fondant tasted really good and my kids liked it. Overall I was happy with what I got. I wasn't happy however, with the resort delivery. I asked for it to be delivered at 8pm on our arrival day and had to make several calls to the front desk to inquire about it. For a while they couldn't find it and it didn't arrive until after 9pm. By then we were too tired to eat it. Oh well. It was $74 total including delivery and tip.
This is so cute! Did you order this from the main cake hotline?
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

Old 01-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #1356
DisneyFanEmily
Earning My Ears

Cakes to AKL

Has anyone had any experience getting cakes from somewhere else delivered to the AKL or one of their restaurants? I see it says under AKL, it MIGHT be possible and I was wondering if anyone has tried it yet with good results?
Thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #1357
starousse
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Love this!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #1358
DisneyFanEmily
Earning My Ears

Just another thing as well. I've seen different height cakes for a 6 inch cake, some are taller and have more layers. I was wondering do they ask you how many layers you want when you ask for a 6 inch cake. I just need the smallest one as there are only five of us. I was just wondering if they just pick based on your price or if you can ask for only one or two layers of cake.
Thanks.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #1359
MonorailJunkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by starousse View Post
Love this!!!!
Thanks guys! Theresa, Lexy (the baker) and I worked really well together, they were amazing! I absolutely loved this cake!
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #1360
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

I know this may have been asked, but if I want to order just a basic cake for my sons birthday breakfast at Chef Mickeys, do I call Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary Resort? Do they bring the cake out to him during our breakfast or do we have to pick it up somewhere? I know it is possible they might bring him a cup cake, but my daughter would be upset. (Yes, it is HIS birthday, but her birthday is a month before our trip and this is a trip gift to both even though we will be there on my sons birthday and he will get the birthday pin).
Old 01-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #1361
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFanEmily View Post
Just another thing as well. I've seen different height cakes for a 6 inch cake, some are taller and have more layers. I was wondering do they ask you how many layers you want when you ask for a 6 inch cake. I just need the smallest one as there are only five of us. I was just wondering if they just pick based on your price or if you can ask for only one or two layers of cake.
Thanks.
I hadn't even thought of that. Good question. I know it was not discussed in my conversation with Chef Brian. I wonder if each bakery has their own method of doing a 6" cake and they are all that way by default. Some chefs may like 4 layers, other 3, etc.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #1362
smiths02
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys! Theresa, Lexy (the baker) and I worked really well together, they were amazing! I absolutely loved this cake!
How much does a cake like that cost? It is beautiful!
2010-Jolly Roger
Disneyworld
2003-AKL-celebrate DH return from Iraq
2009-AKL-Birthday Extravaganza-DS 1st trip
2011-CBR- room
2015-Hoping for BCV dream trip to celebrate our twins first trip
Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #1363
tinkerbell1984
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell1984 View Post
I know this may have been asked, but if I want to order just a basic cake for my sons birthday breakfast at Chef Mickeys, do I call Chef Mickeys or the Contemporary Resort? Do they bring the cake out to him during our breakfast or do we have to pick it up somewhere? I know it is possible they might bring him a cup cake, but my daughter would be upset. (Yes, it is HIS birthday, but her birthday is a month before our trip and this is a trip gift to both even though we will be there on my sons birthday and he will get the birthday pin).
Also, I just thought I read I can just order the basic cake when we arrive. Would that be better and could I still get his name added? It also must have sprinkes!
Old 01-25-2013, 02:39 PM   #1364
MonorailJunkie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiths02 View Post
How much does a cake like that cost? It is beautiful!
The cake was $200 and worth every penny
Old 01-25-2013, 04:41 PM   #1365
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Loving the new pics of the Cars cake, Snow White cake and Rapunzel/Tiana cake! Some amazing creations!

I'm still trying to think of a clever idea for my sister's 50th birthday cake and I have to really get on it -- we'll be there in 4 weeks, so I want to order within the next 10-14 days.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: