Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #1321
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazertechie View Post
Can they do the flavor fillings in the 6" cakes? The raspberry looks amazing, but it's just the two of us on this trip.
I'm having a mousse filling done on the cake I'm ordering for DH (6")
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #1322
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
When I spoke to Chef Brian, he said they can't combine themes or add it to a cake. The monorail amenity has to stay separate and can't venture away from how they sell it -- truffles and all.
I had trouble with Chef Brian combining items as well. I called Pat at Grand Floridian and she said it was no problem. Not sure on where you are eating, but I changed our location to get the cake I wanted.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #1323
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Thank you - we're staying at the Contemporary and having it delivered to the room first thing in a.m. I would've liked done what I requested -- but understand he can't, so I'm just going to order the cake and I'm sure DH will love it.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #1324
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
So I'm surprising DH with a birthday trip at the end of February. I've been eyeing these cake threads for over a year, and I'm quite tempted!

Can they do the flavor fillings in the 6" cakes? The raspberry looks amazing, but it's just the two of us on this trip.
The cake I have a quote for is a 6" cake with white chocolate mouse and fresh strawberry filling. It's being done by Contemporary bakery
Old 01-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #1325
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I keep seeing gratuity costs mentioned with the final costs of the cakes. Is the gratuity added automatically and what percentage is it, or is it at the orderer's discretion?
When our cake was brought out at Crystal Palace there was not an automatic gratuity added to our check. However, since the cost of the cake was included in our total bill I did still feel obligated to tip for it.

* 12/2014 Fantasy & BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #1326
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
The cake I have a quote for is a 6" cake with white chocolate mouse and fresh strawberry filling. It's being done by Contemporary bakery
How much is your quote, out of curiosity

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #1327
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
When I spoke to Chef Brian, he said they can't combine themes or add it to a cake. The monorail amenity has to stay separate and can't venture away from how they sell it -- truffles and all.

That's odd. I've seen a white chocolate monorail on a cake w/o truffles. I thought it was from the Contemporary, but I could be wrong.
(")_(")

Old 01-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #1328
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire&TheBoys View Post
I keep seeing gratuity costs mentioned with the final costs of the cakes. Is the gratuity added automatically and what percentage is it, or is it at the orderer's discretion?
An 18% gratuity is added when you have the cake delivered to your room by Private Dining (just like when you have any other room service meal).

The only time gratuity is automatically added on a cake at a restaurant is when you use the Tables In Wonderland discount card, which triggers an automatic 18% tip. I think I'd probably ask to have the gratuity on the cake removed and just tip on the meal, though, since it's not like the server made the cake...

Quote:
That must be a fairly recent thing... I just found three made by the Contemporary in the last Cake Thread, including two that look like this...

....and one that looked like this!

Old 01-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #1329
AngiTN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
How much is your quote, out of curiosity
$65
Also has chocolate buttercream under the fondant
Old 01-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #1330
debjk4
Mouseketeer

Been reading the thread and dreaming of yummy cakes!! We will be staying at CSR in June and was looking for any pics of their cakes there...cant find any on here. Did I miss them? Has anyone ate any from there?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #1331
lurkyloo

Yeah, Coronado does its own thing with the cakes—they aren't the same kind you'll find everyplace else on property. How much you like them depends on whether you like whipped cream frosting (vs. buttercream).

The flavor choices are chocolate mousse, strawberry shortcake, carrot cake (with 72 hours’ notice), mixed berry, and Oreo cookie. Complete details are in Post #2. Here are shots of the small versions of some of them for sale at the quick-service place in the main building.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #1332
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That must be a fairly recent thing... I just found three made by the Contemporary in the last Cake Thread, including two that look like this...

....and one that looked like this!

Hmmm I'm going to re-email Brian with those pics and see if something can be done. Maybe its because I'm only getting a 6" cake? I also requested he just do the monorail but without the truffles and instead add some gravestones and skulls and he said he couldn't.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #1333
Soccer Princess
DIS Cast Member
you would never find me with the old hammer again!

Quote:
So I'm surprising DH with a birthday trip at the end of February. I've been eyeing these cake threads for over a year, and I'm quite tempted!

For DH's birthday last week at Narcoossee's I was able to order a 6" chocolate cake with custard and fresh strawberries filling. There was an upcharge for that filling instead of the standard one, but it was delicious I also upgraded the normal frosting to dark chocolate ganache.... yummy!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #1334
lurkyloo

Quote:
Hmmm I'm going to re-email Brian with those pics and see if something can be done. Maybe its because I'm only getting a 6" cake?
The cakes in the photos look to be at least 8 inches, if not 10, so hopefully it's just a matter of size.

Quote:
I also requested he just do the monorail but without the truffles and instead add some gravestones and skulls and he said he couldn't.
In light of the fatal monorail accident a few years ago, I can see how Disney would shy away from that one...
Old 01-22-2013, 02:36 PM   #1335
andersonfamily
Mouseketeer

My husband will turn 40 on our trip this year over Spring Break. We are having dinner at Ohana that night, staying at the poly. I feel like I'm going blind looking at this thread for ideas. He likes cars, so I was thinking maybe a cars themed cake? Anyone have any suggestions about thier favorite cake combinations? I throw myself at the mercy of this awesomely experienced thread - help me make a decision!
2014 Fantasy 7 Day Cruise 3/15/2014
DD9, DD7, DS5

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: