Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:17 AM   #1306
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Thanks to all who gave me some help/ideas with cake ordering. Just hear back from Brian this morning. He quoted me $75, ten dollars higher than my budget, but, oh well. It will be an It's a Small World cake. I found a picture on the original cake gallery thread and he'll go from that. Vanilla with vanilla custard filling. They are accommodating our peanut allergy. We'll have it delivered to the room at BLT upon check in. This has been really easy and fun so far. I'd like to post a picture of the cake that I drew inspiration from, but I don't know how.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #1307
jgperkin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverlandClub23 View Post
Just returned from another wonderfully magical trip! We had a delicious meal at California Grill followed by this great cake!

What: Mini-"wedding" cake
As Ordered: White fondant outside, edible snowflakes, chocolate cake and peanut butter cup filling
Cost: $50
Delivered to California Grill

Loved this cake and it was so good! I forgot to take a close up shot until after I had already cut into it, but it was beautiful. The people sitting next to us were in love with it too!

I LOVE this cake! Going for my bday next year and I am thinking this is a must do!
Aug. 09, Off site: We got engaged! Swan: July '07,DD First trip! Riverside: April '08, Wilderness Lodge: May'09, Corn. Spring: Aug. '09, Polynesian: April '10, ASMovies & Carribean Beach: Aug.'10, Riverside: Feb. '11, Pop Century: April '11, Wilderness Lodge & Cruise on the DREAM & Kidani Village, Aug. '11 for 10 year anniversary, Pop Century, Sept. '11, Aug. '12 Family Trip: Carribean Beach, Mar./Apr. '13 Cruise on the Fantasy & AOA, Aug '13, French Qrt., Dec. '13 1st Xmas Trip Wilderness Lodge August 2014 Back to Wilderness Lodge!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #1308
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
TI'd like to post a picture of the cake that I drew inspiration from, but I don't know how.
Here are the instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
First you need to upload the photo to a photo sharing site like www.photobucket.com. Then look for the IMG code (a link surrounded by [IMG] tags) - in old Photobucket it's right under the photo when you see it in your gallery, but if you sign up and they give you new Photobucket, you may have to click links to "share" or something to find it. Paste the code, including the [IMG] tags, into a post and voila!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #1309
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here are the instructions...
Thanks lurkyloo, but it's a picture off the cake gallery thread--not one of mine. I just want to link to that one post. Still need photbucket? Sorry, I'm technically challenged.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #1310
Denamac
Mouseketeer

I want to order my DD a specialty cake to celebrate her graduation. I was planning on having it delivered to our dinner at Be Our Guest, but now I've read that I can't get a specialty cake delivered to BOG. Anyone know for sure if I can or cannot get a specialty cake for our BOG dinner?

Old 01-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #1311
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea View Post
Thanks lurkyloo, but it's a picture off the cake gallery thread--not one of mine. I just want to link to that one post. Still need photbucket? Sorry, I'm technically challenged.
Because the thread is closed, you can't just quote it, copy the quote and paste it here. You could right-click and save the pic to your computer, then upload it to Photobucket and post it that way.

Or, if you just want to link us to the post containing the photo, click on the little #[X] number of the post in the upper right-hand corner to open just that post in a new tab/window, and then copy that link and paste it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denamac View Post
I want to order my DD a specialty cake to celebrate her graduation. I was planning on having it delivered to our dinner at Be Our Guest, but now I've read that I can't get a specialty cake delivered to BOG. Anyone know for sure if I can or cannot get a specialty cake for our BOG dinner?
People are being told no right now, probably because they're still figuring out operation of the restaurant and maybe because of the whole counter-service-to-table-service arrangement. But that doesn't mean they mightn't eventually offer delivery to BOG. I say keep checking—if they do change the policy, you can order as few as 48 hours before the date you need it.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #1312
Ms.Grumpy
Sweet Home CHICAGO!

Received a call from Private Dining this morning. (Very surprising for a Sunday) They wanted to go over my order, because they had some questions.
I ended up with a white two tiered chocolate cake with chocolate filling. It will also include a white chocolate Cinderella's Castle.
Total Cost - $50
Not the - $63 that I was originally quoted.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:51 PM   #1313
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

We are so happy with the cake that Pat and the crew at GF came up with for our DS's birthday. I ordered a 6 in. yellow cake with vanilla buttercream filling. I simply asked for a surfing Stitch theme and left it up to them. Here is what was delivered:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The cost was $66 and we are so pleased with what that got us. We expected the 2D white chocolate Stitch on a surf board but the painted white chocolate palm tree and all of the seashells were a very pleasant surprise. And the cake is delicious!!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 01-21-2013, 05:42 AM   #1314
basketrn
Please stand clear of the doors...Por favor mantenganse alejado de las puertas

Has anyone seen any pics of cakes done at disney with a disney transportation theme? My little guy will be celebrating his bday at WDW and LOVES all things that have to do with the monorail, buses, trams, trains and boats. My husband and I always joke that next time we shouldn't bother with park tickets we could just ride disney transpo all week and my son would be trilled!
1986 - Off site, 6/2003 - CSR, 6/2005 - FW, 4/2006 - CBR, 8/2006 - SSR, 10/2006 - BWV, 4/2007 -SSR, 10/2007 - VWL, 4/2008 - SSR, 5/2009 - DCL & SSR, 10/2009 - SSR, 6/2010 - AKV, 12/2010 - SSR, 3/2011 - AKV/BCV & Dream, 12/2011 - DL, 6/2012 - BCV/Dream/AKV, 1/2013 - SSR, 9/2013 - OKW, 6/2014 - Wonder to Alaska, 10/2014 - AKV

Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 AM   #1315
babygirlamg
DIS Veteran

I would like to get my 11 year old a birthday cake while we dine at Kona Cafe , what kind of choices do I have and also how do I order one...Thanks
Old 01-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #1316
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketrn View Post
Has anyone seen any pics of cakes done at disney with a disney transportation theme? My little guy will be celebrating his bday at WDW and LOVES all things that have to do with the monorail, buses, trams, trains and boats. My husband and I always joke that next time we shouldn't bother with park tickets we could just ride disney transpo all week and my son would be trilled!

The Contemporary has a white chocolate monorail for about 50 bucks. Maybe they could put it atop a blue cake with boats around the sides or something like that...? Heck, maybe your son would be happy with just the monorail!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirlamg View Post
I would like to get my 11 year old a birthday cake while we dine at Kona Cafe , what kind of choices do I have and also how do I order one...Thanks
See Post # 2.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:04 PM   #1317
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe they could put it atop a blue cake with boats around the sides or something like that
When I spoke to Chef Brian, he said they can't combine themes or add it to a cake. The monorail amenity has to stay separate and can't venture away from how they sell it -- truffles and all.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #1318
quandrea
DIS Veteran

small world cake

Here is a link to the small world cake the Contemporary will be making for my daughter's birthday. I've asked them to somehow incorporate the boat into it as well. Really excited. She's going to be so surprised.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=183
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #1319
stargazertechie
Toy Story Midway Maniac

So I'm surprising DH with a birthday trip at the end of February. I've been eyeing these cake threads for over a year, and I'm quite tempted!

Can they do the flavor fillings in the 6" cakes? The raspberry looks amazing, but it's just the two of us on this trip.

Upcoming trip- WDW Trip #14. BCV. 6/13.

Thinking about buying pins from ebay and getting into pin trading? PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:48 PM   #1320
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

I keep seeing gratuity costs mentioned with the final costs of the cakes. Is the gratuity added automatically and what percentage is it, or is it at the orderer's discretion?

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: