Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #1156
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
This is a great cake, and so faithful to your original sketches. I love the cloudy bubbly border around the bottom!
Yup- they really stayed true to the design. We were soooooo happy with it! Now to come up with a design for ME--in case we venture back to WDW for my 40th
Old 12-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #1157
Travellerman
Mouseketeer

Is there much of a difference in cake taste between the cakes supplied by Epcot's bakery and those (Epcot restaurants) that use supplied by an outside bakery? Not that it matters too much at this point as we are going to go for Restaurant Marrakesh anyway. Just curious if there is a much of a difference (our last cake was supplied by the Polynesian about 5 years ago and was great - was white cake & white buttercream) Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #1158
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

I would guess that the cake you get at Restaurant Marrakesh will probably taste more like the one you got at Ohana than one made by Epcot's bakery would, given Epcot's predilection for whipped cream frosting over buttercream. Frankly, I'd rather have a cake made by an outside vendor at Epcot for that very reason!
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #1159
mistydoodles
Disney Addict

Hello everyone. I thought I would share the cake we ordered for my daughter's Sweet 16. We ordered a Mad Hatter style cake that was Lilo and Stitch "Tropical Theme". The cake was a chocolate cake with dark chocolate mouse and fresh raspberry filling.

It was fantastic!!! We ordered it with the Contemporary Resort Bakery to have at our Chef Mickey's dinner on 11/16. We were quoted $165 and the final cost with tax and tip was about $225.

The only thing I regret was not eating more of it when we were at the restaurant because after dinner we were going to MVMCP and had to get a locker to keep it in. The locker was so small we had to place the cake in sideways. It was a disaster. Also, it didn't fit easily in the fridge at our resort, POR, and we ended up still having to do a lot of dismantling to be able to store it.

The kids really didn't mind the way it looked after all this craziness and still ate it the next day.

POR Nov 15th-23rd 2012 for DD 16th Bday Celebration
CBR Feb 16- Feb 23rd '11
CSR Nov 21-29th '08
POR Nov 9-17th '07
POFQ Dec 9-16th '06
POFQ Dec 10-17th '05
ASMO Dec 18-23rd '04

Last edited by mistydoodles; 12-14-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #1160
DisneyDreamGirl87
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever had a cake delivered by Babycakes? I have quite a few allergies and was wondering if anyone could share their experiences.

Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #1161
cthompson476
Earning My Ears

In June 2011, I order a cake from the Contemporary bakery and could NOT have been happier. I had it delivered to the Crystal Palace and it was DELICIOUS! It was buttercreme icing, with white cake on the inside with chocolate buttercreme filling. I LOVE the Little Mermaid...and my favorite Disney characters are Sebastian and Flounder so I couldn't have a cake without them! With taxes and everything it was $80.

June 2011-CBR
Dec 2012-CSR
Sept 2013-CSR
Oct 2013-Yacht Club
Nov 2013-POP
Old 12-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1162
CakeManBri
Mouseketeer

Luckyloo just wanted to let you know your penguin cake is very popular this year!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:10 PM   #1163
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

That is awesome! We adored that cake. Here, I'll use this as an excuse to re-post photos.

Where: Contemporary Resort
What: Chocolate Cake with Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Mousse filling and Chocolate frosting
Price: $100

Old 12-14-2012, 01:09 PM   #1164
SAT887
DIS Veteran

So we had two cakes on our recent visit to WDW - here is the first.
California Grill, 6" cake, chocolate fondant frosting, chocolate buttercream and filling. $46

The cake was great. I decided against emailing any super specific designs because I wanted to be surprised as well. However, this isn't the two tier mini fondant cake, with mini molded white chocolate castle. I was disappointed that the details I went over with 2 different people were lost. Lesson learned - next time email all requests! Yes I was disappointed, yes the cake was still awesome, and yes I would do it again. I should have known by the price when I had gotten a quote for a 6" aquarium themed cake from boardwalk bakery for $5 more..... I will post that picture soon. Overall it was a great date night and a fun cake.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #1165
phins_jazy
You might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun. Don't worry about it.

just ordered my mickey head cake for christmas day at chef mickeys.....yeah!

Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #1166
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

We ordered the Her Royal Highness package at CRT for my daughter's birthday last Sunday. We had 6 adults and 2 children in our party, and the cake was more than enough, especially since we were so stuffed from dinner!

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 AM   #1167
bababear_50
Does amazing things with teeth and string!
Song writer extraordiaire

Thanks for the suggestions Lurkyloo

After consideration and talking to my son I am going to order a tray of cheeses and crackers with a couple of chocolate animal cookies.
AK private Dining.

I have purchased a bottle of Ice Wine and wrapped it in a black cylinder gift case.
I have made a gift note.
I have filled some Cinderella slippers I bought with chocolates.

Private dining will add the slippers to the cracker and cheese tray for me.
They will deliver the wine and cheese tray for me.

Thanks again
Hugs Mel
Old 12-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #1168
DisneyFanEmily
Earning My Ears

What size cake was it?
Do you know if your able to get other fillings such as fruit or other mousse flavors like passion fruit mousse? I'm thinking about getting a cake from the Contemporary and I love that they were able to make such a cute cake with cute decorations all around the cake without fondant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthompson476 View Post
In June 2011, I order a cake from the Contemporary bakery and could NOT have been happier. I had it delivered to the Crystal Palace and it was DELICIOUS! It was buttercreme icing, with white cake on the inside with chocolate buttercreme filling. I LOVE the Little Mermaid...and my favorite Disney characters are Sebastian and Flounder so I couldn't have a cake without them! With taxes and everything it was $80.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 PM   #1169
cthompson476
Earning My Ears

DisneyFanEmily: I believe it was a 8 inch round. The pastry chef provided me with a list of options, so you can pick and choose what you want. This list seemed endless...Im sure you can find something you will love! No fondant was a requirement for me...I LOVE the taste of buttercreme so that was important...The chefs at the resort were a pleasure to work with!

June 2011-CBR
Dec 2012-CSR
Sept 2013-CSR
Oct 2013-Yacht Club
Nov 2013-POP
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #1170
HockeyMomNH
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
That is awesome! We adored that cake. Here, I'll use this as an excuse to re-post photos.

Where: Contemporary Resort
What: Chocolate Cake with Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Mousse filling and Chocolate frosting
Price: $100

That is adorable! I love the icicles on the outside of the cake, were they sugar?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: