Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-31-2012, 12:49 AM   #1006
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald & Daisy Duck View Post
Can u please tell me who to call or email about a special cake for my sons 18th birthday...we r staying at the boardwalk villas and I would love to order him a c Pluto birthday cake...thanks
See Post #2 of this thread (and Post #1 if you want a little explanation of how everything works).
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 10:25 AM   #1007
syntigger
Mouseketeer
 
syntigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104

last minute help!

we just finalized our plans and we leave sun i need a cake for mon night! i already left messages for the poly to get one for ohana and also for our resort aoa i am hoping they call back any other suggestions? looking for a mini wedding cake version of this...
__________________
Syntigger

syntigger is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-31-2012, 11:28 AM   #1008
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,528

If you want a minicake at the Polynesian, you need to call Grand Floridian Private Dining (number is in Post #2). Private Dining at the Poly only provides standard cakes. The woman who takes cake orders at AOA was great about getting back to me in a timely manner, so you should be OK there.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #1009
syntigger
Mouseketeer
 
syntigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
If you want a minicake at the Polynesian, you need to call Grand Floridian Private Dining (number is in Post #2). Private Dining at the Poly only provides standard cakes. The woman who takes cake orders at AOA was great about getting back to me in a timely manner, so you should be OK there.
thnks i left messages there too!
__________________
Syntigger

syntigger is offline  
Old 10-31-2012, 09:02 PM   #1010
syntigger
Mouseketeer
 
syntigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntigger View Post
thnks i left messages there too!
got a call back from aoa and they took my information and an idea of what i was thinking

mini wedding cake vanilla strawberry inside white frosting decorated with pale pink and blue mickeys a chocolate scroll with the same saying as last time and happy birthday cat on the board around it....

was told she would call back to give me a total after she looked it over.... nervous now...
__________________
Syntigger

syntigger is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:29 AM   #1011
ethansmommy
Disney Planner
 
ethansmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 382

I love looking at all the new cakes that are posted. I cant wait until our next trip so I can plan a special cake of our own.
__________________
Wife and mom to my guys: (DH) (DS8)

"Every story has an end, but in life every ending is just a new begining."


Past Trips: Jan '08-WL, April '08-AKL, Sept '08-WL,
Jan '09-WL, May '09-off-site, Nov '09-Poly, Nov '10-WLV, Nov '11-WL
Future Trips: Nov '13-WL
ethansmommy is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #1012
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran
 
Scrappy_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Colorful Colorado!
Posts: 4,726

Just returned from our trip to WDW. My sister and I had a wonderful Afternoon Tea at the GF...the tea sandwiches were sooooooo good (especially the cucumber, yum) Anyway, since the custom ($500 ) cake didn't work out...I ordered this:


I made my sister cry, which of course made me cry, so we're sitting in the GF blubbering. I <3 my big sis!!

I made her do the "princess" pose, and she bought us little tiaras for the lunch, it was such fun!! Here's a pic DH took of us before we left for lunch ...
__________________

Scrappy_Tink is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 PM   #1013
syntigger
Mouseketeer
 
syntigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntigger

got a call back from aoa and they took my information and an idea of what i was thinking

mini wedding cake vanilla strawberry inside white frosting decorated with pale pink and blue mickeys a chocolate scroll with the same saying as last time and happy birthday cat on the board around it....

was told she would call back to give me a total after she looked it over.... nervous now...
Got a call back. Mini cake as described 35! Oh well she is def worth it!
__________________
Syntigger

syntigger is offline  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #1014
TiggerTrigger
The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers Is Tiggers Are Wonderful Things!!!
 
TiggerTrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 100 Acre Wood
Posts: 1,836

Interesting...

Just wanted to post an update to my earlier post about not hearing back from Chef Brian. Well, apparently Chef Brian was on vacation, but he got back today. Hey, I'm all good with people going on vacay and with all of the wonderful work he does on cakes, I'm sure it's great to take a break. I just wish the guy answering the phone at private dining could have conveyed that to me. The girl who answered today was well aware, but the guy I got last Friday didn't mention a thing. I mean, he was nice enough and all, but I would have worried a lot less about things if I had just known.

Oh well- waiting on a quote now since he wants to work with one of his other decorators on this. Hope that doesn't mean there's any concern over doing what I've sketched. Oh well...he'll let me know.
__________________
DHME DD7DD5Daisy Doggy
TiggerTrigger is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #1015
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyGuess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,029

Which sizes will they customize? Planning on ordering a cake for my youngest's birthday when we're there in February. Thinking of doing it at Garden Grill, so it would be the Yacht & Beach Club private dining. Will they customize an 8" or does it need to be a 10"?

I need to look thru for pictures, but I'm going to ask anyway, has anyone had a Jake & the Neverland Pirates or a Doc McStuffins cake done?
__________________
Pirate Princess of a band of Pirates
Me DH DS17 DS16 DS12 DS5

DisneyGuess is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #1016
Destructsean
DIS Veteran
 
Destructsean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 550

Help me out a bit here everyone.

I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to order a custom cake for our honeymoon.

I think I'm deciding against it.

The only time it really works would be during our meal at California Grill. However, we're both such big fans of CG that I wouldn't want to pass up the desserts already offered there, and I think the cake would be a little excessive/a bit of a waste.

I was wondering about the chocolate covered strawberry plate that I've seen a few people mentioning on here.

I know it isn't a cake, but I figured if anyone knew, it would be you knowledgeable folks.

Is this something I can order to be brought out after our meal? I thought it might be nice, seeing as that it's something we could take with us back to the room to snack on later.

Thanks in advance!
__________________
Destructsean is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #1017
PrincessAurora27
Mouseketeer
 
PrincessAurora27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean
Help me out a bit here everyone.

I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to order a custom cake for our honeymoon.

I think I'm deciding against it.

The only time it really works would be during our meal at California Grill. However, we're both such big fans of CG that I wouldn't want to pass up the desserts already offered there, and I think the cake would be a little excessive/a bit of a waste.

I was wondering about the chocolate covered strawberry plate that I've seen a few people mentioning on here.

I know it isn't a cake, but I figured if anyone knew, it would be you knowledgeable folks.

Is this something I can order to be brought out after our meal? I thought it might be nice, seeing as that it's something we could take with us back to the room to snack on later.

Thanks in advance!
Instead of doing a cake I'm going to call BWI and see if I can get a large Mickey Rice Krispy treat in the room when we arrive as a surprise for DBF.

What about having the strawberries delivered to the room?
__________________
Rho
Me (41) BF (42)

PrincessAurora27 is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #1018
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock
 
lurkyloo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Disneyland!
Posts: 12,528

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuess View Post
Which sizes will they customize? Planning on ordering a cake for my youngest's birthday when we're there in February. Thinking of doing it at Garden Grill, so it would be the Yacht & Beach Club private dining. Will they customize an 8" or does it need to be a 10"?

I need to look thru for pictures, but I'm going to ask anyway, has anyone had a Jake & the Neverland Pirates or a Doc McStuffins cake done?
It varies by resort. Yacht & Beach Club used to say they wouldn't customize anything smaller than a 10-inch, but I believe people have had better luck with smaller sizes there lately. I feel like I've one Jake & the Neverland Pirates cake, but it was a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructsean View Post
Help me out a bit here everyone.

I've been on the fence about whether or not I wanted to order a custom cake for our honeymoon.

I think I'm deciding against it.

The only time it really works would be during our meal at California Grill. However, we're both such big fans of CG that I wouldn't want to pass up the desserts already offered there, and I think the cake would be a little excessive/a bit of a waste.

I was wondering about the chocolate covered strawberry plate that I've seen a few people mentioning on here.

I know it isn't a cake, but I figured if anyone knew, it would be you knowledgeable folks.

Is this something I can order to be brought out after our meal? I thought it might be nice, seeing as that it's something we could take with us back to the room to snack on later.

Thanks in advance!
The Contemporary has offered chocolate covered strawberries in the past. Just call Private Dining like you would if you were ordering a cake. Depending on which Disney resort you're staying at, you may also be able to get these delivered to your room.
lurkyloo is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #1019
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyGuess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,029

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
It varies by resort. Yacht & Beach Club used to say they wouldn't customize anything smaller than a 10-inch, but I believe people have had better luck with smaller sizes there lately. I feel like I've one Jake & the Neverland Pirates cake, but it was a long time ago.
I went ahead & called to talk to someone & Yvette emailed me pics of a Jake cake they've done, it's perfect! & they will do 6" & 8" cakes now.

Anyone know what other kinds of sprinkles they have? The ones on the pic of the cake she sent me were the red, black & white Mickey head ones, I'm not sure I want those.
__________________
Pirate Princess of a band of Pirates
Me DH DS17 DS16 DS12 DS5

DisneyGuess is offline  
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #1020
RooRach0906
"Oh Goody, Horray!"
 
RooRach0906's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Richmond,VA
Posts: 2,113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink
Just returned from our trip to WDW. My sister and I had a wonderful Afternoon Tea at the GF...the tea sandwiches were sooooooo good (especially the cucumber, yum) Anyway, since the custom ($500 ) cake didn't work out...I ordered this:

I made my sister cry, which of course made me cry, so we're sitting in the GF blubbering. I <3 my big sis!!

I made her do the "princess" pose, and she bought us little tiaras for the lunch, it was such fun!! Here's a pic DH took of us before we left for lunch ...
So beautiful and awesome! Glad to hear this as I am getting ready to order this for my mom 65th birthday we are also doing the tea!
__________________
Me (30) DH(28) & DD(4)
SSR ~ Sept06 Disneymoon, CR ~ Sept09 Anniv Trip, OKW ~ Sept11 DD 1st trip w/the TagAlongs, SSR&BWV ~ Dec12, BWV ~ May13 's 3rd BDay Trip, BCV & SSR ~ Sept13




On our weigh and bringing Tagalongs ~ Sept 2014 PTR ~
RooRach0906 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: