Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:34 AM   #766
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexyravenfan View Post
Do they make the anniversary mini cake at Boardwalk Bakery? Am i able to get any mickey/minnie on top of it? I have to order it sometime soon and would like a general idea before i call. I know I want a mini cake but I am unsure if they have a specific anniversary one.
I called the Boardwalk bakery...the number is in the first or second post of this thread. I asked for the email of the pastry chef and within the hour Jessie sent me an email. I believe you can get the little Mickey dome on the top but let lurkyloo or someone esle verify that. I designed a cake for my DD's birthday. The pic is a few posts back. To me it was the most complicated design of the three I have ordered and also the cheapest.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #767
kthawb
Earning My Ears

I would love some advice/ideas. Headed to WDW 10/5-10/8 for my DD 3rd birthday. Staying at contempo. Thinking of a cake either delivered to our room one night or maybe Friday night when we will probably hit one of the boardwalk area rest. for dinner, so maybe can do a pickup at boardwalk bakery.

Here's my dilemmas
1: what size cake? Only 4 of us. We don't want to go too crazy
2: theme help!! Her true love is captain hook, that's what she is being for Halloween this year. But she is also girly and likes tinkerbell.
3:boardwalk bakery or contempo in the room? Is it more fun to get your cake in a restaurant?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #768
VeronicaB
Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone!!! My cake is ordered and we leave for vacation tomorrow evening, stop on the beach for a couple of days, arrive in Disney Saturday!!!! SO excited!!! The kids don't know where we are going, they know we are going on "v cation" as my almost 5 year old says. Can't wait!!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Me (Disney crazed woman) DH (Just along for the ride) DS 6 DD 2
Old 09-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #769
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthawb View Post
1: what size cake? Only 4 of us. We don't want to go too crazy
6-inch

Quote:
2: theme help!! Her true love is captain hook, that's what she is being for Halloween this year. But she is also girly and likes tinkerbell.
Don't Tinkerbell and Captain Hook hang out for a while in the movie? Maybe it could have both!

Quote:
3:boardwalk bakery or contempo in the room? Is it more fun to get your cake in a restaurant?
I'm all about convenience, so I usually have the cake delivered to my room so I don't have to carry it around or worry about refrigeration.
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 AM   #770
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

I emailed about a cake for BOG and was told they are not doing special order cakes for BOG. Have there been rumors that this will change?
Old 09-19-2012, 12:41 PM   #771
scojos
I want to be Tinkerbell and fly on the wire to start wishes
Thinks Disney studies should be taught in all schools

right decision made, we ll be dining our first night at the GF cafe, so will contact the GF bakery for my hubbys 40th bday, as there are 5 (2+3) of us, will order the smallest poss cake... HOWEVER dh is not a fan of fondant, so we ll ask for frosting, can they color the frosting to look like fondant or does it have to be unicolor?? we want water/swamp style colours, i know technically you can add color to frosting i do it all the time at home, just wondered if WDW chefs would do this... any advice?? ty
2010 - 2 weeks SSR free DDP 1 week creekside villa
2013- 2 weeks okw free ddp[/SIZE]
me dh ds1 ds2dd
Old 09-19-2012, 01:43 PM   #772
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkme4ard View Post
I emailed about a cake for BOG and was told they are not doing special order cakes for BOG. Have there been rumors that this will change?
Who did you email? The Contemporary (phone # in Post 2) makes all the custom cakes for the Magic Kingdom, and they can deliver to any restaurant there, so I don't see why they couldn't deliver to Be Our Guest...

Quote:
Originally Posted by scojos View Post
right decision made, we ll be dining our first night at the GF cafe, so will contact the GF bakery for my hubbys 40th bday, as there are 5 (2+3) of us, will order the smallest poss cake... HOWEVER dh is not a fan of fondant, so we ll ask for frosting, can they color the frosting to look like fondant or does it have to be unicolor?? we want water/swamp style colours, i know technically you can add color to frosting i do it all the time at home, just wondered if WDW chefs would do this... any advice?? ty
I'm sure they would, but you should know that there is always buttercream frosting underneath the fondant on cakes. If you want a very elaborate cake, it's going to have to be covered in fondant. Just peel it off and eat the frosting underneath.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #773
JJBeans
Earning My Ears

Flavor help!

Hi Everyone!

So last year I had a cake specially made for our 1 year anniversary. I don't want to get into details, but let me tell you, a complete disaster is a very nice understatement. Well, I decided to give it another shot this year.

Any recommendations on cake flavors? My wedding cake was marble cake with white chocolate mousse. Absolutely delicious! I'm debating on keeping that or trying something new! Any suggestions?!!
Old 09-20-2012, 12:19 PM   #774
tkme4ard
Merry Christmas!

Hi Angela,

I'm excited to hear of your upcoming reservations at Be Our Guest! As of right now, the only cake option available at Be Our Guest is the 6-inch "Celebrate Today!" cake that you can order at the restaurant's podium when you checked in. This is available in chocolate or vanilla for $21.00 plus tax.

I would also recommend contacting us as it gets closer to your reservation to see if we've introduced any other cake options for Be Our Guest.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you,
Amy Jackson

Special Occasion Coordinator

Magic Kingdom Park

wdw.crt.special.events@disney.com

this is the email I recieved, the only issue is that we arrive 11/29 only 10 days after the first opening of BOG. I don't think there is enough time to order a special cake
Old 09-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #775
lurkyloo

That message is about what the restaurant itself can offer. Call Contemporary Private Dining (# is in post 2) and ask for the pastry chef's email address to order your cake that way. They deliver to all restaurants at the Magic Kingdom.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:30 PM   #776
lurkyloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBeans View Post
Hi Everyone!

So last year I had a cake specially made for our 1 year anniversary. I don't want to get into details, but let me tell you, a complete disaster is a very nice understatement. Well, I decided to give it another shot this year.

Any recommendations on cake flavors? My wedding cake was marble cake with white chocolate mousse. Absolutely delicious! I'm debating on keeping that or trying something new! Any suggestions?!!
It might be a safer bet (and nostalgic!) to order your original flavors. My favorites at Disney are vanilla cake with peanut butter cup mousse (that's chocolate and peanut butter mousses layered) and red velvet with cream cheese frosting.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #777
andeesings
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJBeans View Post

Orange cake with amaretto crunch filling! The absolute BEST! So delicious!!!
Old 09-20-2012, 09:31 PM   #778
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Testing.....
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 09-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #779
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

<object name="Slideshow" id="Slideshow" width="425" height="425" align="middle" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://www.shutterfly.com/flashapps/flashslideshow/Slideshow.swf" /><param name="flashvars" value="configurl=http%3A%2F%2Fws.shutterfly.com%2F share%2Fexternal_slideshow_config%3Fsid%3D0AcN2zFk zbtWLmw" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><embed id="Slideshow" width="425" height="425" name="Slideshow" align="middle" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="configurl=http%3A%2F%2Fws.shutterfly.co m%2Fshare%2Fexternal_slideshow_config%3Fsid%3D0AcN 2zFkzbtWLmw" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" bgcolor="#869ca7" src="http://www.shutterfly.com/flashapps/flashslideshow/Slideshow.swf"></embed></object><p style="width:425px;margin-top:0;text-align:center;"><a href="http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AcN2zFkzbtWLmw&eid=118">Click here to view these pictures larger</a></p>

I shall try again
1974 Red Roof Inn ( too Many others to mention) 1992 Hawaiian Village inn 1994 All star sports 1996 ASMU 1998 CBR 2003 Celebration Hotel 2005 Rosen Plaza 2007 Plaza hotel 2008 POFQ 2009 PORS 2010 PoP 2010 WL 2011 PoP 2012 PORS & Dream 2012 Royal Pacific...2013 AKL
Old 09-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #780
Tricia's mom
DIS Veteran

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: