Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #1891
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnm8877 View Post
I have a few questions and I hope someone here can help. First, what is the current price for the slipper dessert?? We are having dinner @ CRT on our upcoming trip and I was thinking about this for my niece who is 7. I noticed someone had a picture of a crown @ CRT, any idea the price for this??

Also, we have booked a boat to see wishes (just the 7 of us) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. I really don't know anything about this as I did not make the arrangements but I wondered about having a cake for him on the boat. Do you think this would be possible and if so, who or where do I call?

I was also considering just getting a cake from a bakery @ WDW if I can. Would they be likely to carry cakes that I could just go get or would I have to pre-order?

Thanks for the help!
i ordered these for my friends children. The cake was for the wish child. I was originally ordering 2 slippers--one white and one milk choc. THe person I was talking with suggested the crown for the brother. I paid around 35 with tax and tip for both. It was 75 total for the cake, slipper, and crown. HTH
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
Old 03-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #1892
pigget74
DVC Beach Club Villas

I know that I have not been on this board long. A while back I was getting ideas from you guys about a graduation cake for my son. We came up with the idea of a blueprint design with RnR coaster theme. I was talking with Chef Brian and he said no he could not do. They did not have a blueprint of RnR theme. I then asked if we could do any blueprint and just add a guitar...no again. HE would not budge. I was very nervous about calling Pat due to all the unkind remarks and I was prepared for a no again. She put me on hold and came back about 5 minutes laster with a big YES. I understand that she is very short with her words or whatever...but Brian can be as well. Yes, he may be more accommodating, but he still says no as well. My point is...just because one of them says no does not mean another will say no as well.
June 2009--Kidani Animal Kingdom March 2011--Kidani Village Animal Kingdom May 2013 --Beach Club Villas Graduation Trip
(19) (16) (8) (6)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #1893
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

How much is to much

Hello follow Cake theraders

We will be at Disney 03.31-04.03. We have a cake scheudled for our dinner at Chef Mickeys on 03.31.13 it is an 8inch Pirate Mickey theme cake and a stitch mini cake. Do you think that it will be to much cake. 5 adults and 4
Old 03-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #1894
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRosaLoca View Post
Wow....this thread is addicting....and an inspiration. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney in May 2002 and will be back for our 11th anniversary May 18 with our son. I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW. I didnt see an option for Brown Derby, but if that's a possibility that would be best, since that was our first honeymoon dinner and where we have ADR for the actual anniv. date.

I can't decide whether a 2 tier mini or a 6 inch is the way to go. But I know my husband would melt if he got a Haunted Mansion type of cake.

. Any advice would be helpful.
Quote:
Oh silly me, just found the HS number. Still....advice on size/type?
Hollywood Studios doesn't do fancy cakes and, last I'd heard, Be Our Guest can't accommodate special cake orders (something to do with the size of their refrigerator - they're addressing all requests on a case-by-case basis so you can ask) so your only option for those two locations would be a standard podium-type cake.

You can pick up a cake at the Boardwalk Bakery yourself, and take it to the Brown Derby with you, but at that point it probably just makes sense to have them deliver it to your room.

The size really depends on how much cake you think you'll eat and how customized you want it. I'm still going back and forth on this issue myself, because I'll be traveling with 3 adults and 1 toddler. I LOVE cake, and would likely have no trouble eating it for breakfast every morning for the rest of our trip, but the rest of the group probably not so much. I really want something special though.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #1895
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW.
I'd definitely call private dining at the Contemporary and see if they can deliver the kind of cake you want to BOG before giving up. It could be that what you want will fit in the cooler there.

Quote:
I can't decide whether a 2 tier mini or a 6 inch is the way to go. But I know my husband would melt if he got a Haunted Mansion type of cake.
A 6-inch is HUGE for 2 people, but if you don't mind wasting cake it will give you more real estate for decor. A 2-tier mini cake is the perfect size for two people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine31523 View Post

We will be at Disney 03.31-04.03. We have a cake scheudled for our dinner at Chef Mickeys on 03.31.13 it is an 8inch Pirate Mickey theme cake and a stitch mini cake. Do you think that it will be to much cake. 5 adults and 4
Yes. You will easily feed that many just with the 8-inch cake and still have leftovers. But if you want a Stitch mini cake too, well, get a Stitch mini cake too!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #1896
nadira36
DIS Veteran

Just ordered our 3rd cake through Pat at GF - so far we've loved dealing with her and have loved our cakes each time. We have a couple annoying dietary restrictions which make decorated cakes difficult to have. Each time our needs have been accommodated beautifully and creatively.

This time is for our little girls 5th birthday - Doc Mcstuffins theme 10in gluten-free chocolate with dark chocolate mousse $92.

At first Pat wasn't sure if Doc Mcstuffins would be okay or not - due to the new licensing rules or something, but Pat sent a msg off while we discussed an alternate design idea and before we were done discussing the cake she received a message saying Doc was okay to do. I'm actually really excited about the possibility of the alternate cake (BTMR), but since Doc is doable and it's my DDs first choice we went with that instead.

I know others have had issues/concerns working with her, but so far we've had no problems over the course of 2.5 years and 2.5 cakes. I doubt there'll be any issues this time either. Though tis time she was a lot more chatty than in the past, though maybe having worked with us previously and recalled us helps?

80s/90s various trips with family, never stayed at a resort hotel. 2001 - seasonal CM for a summer. 2007 - convinced DH to take the first trip. Stayed at CSR for 10 days. 3 toddlers 6 adults 2009 - second trip. ASMo for 5 days. 2 Adults 2 toddlers. 2010 - 4 adults 4.5 children. 7 days Pop. 2011 - We can't afford to go to Disney this year. So we're only staying at the Poly for 8 nights. If it's gonna be on credit, might as well make it worthwhile. 2012 - Back to the Poly for 10 days 2 adults 3 kids 2013 - First AKL stay only 5 night 2 adults 3.5 children
Old 03-27-2013, 02:56 PM   #1897
LaRosaLoca
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm looking at feeding 3 of us ( me, husband and kid) and if we can get it delivered to BOG, it will be early enough in our trip that we can feast on throughout the remaining 5 days. And no cake has lasted as long as 5days in our house.

I may try the Contemporary first and see what we can do.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:14 PM   #1898
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadira36 View Post
Just ordered our 3rd cake through Pat at GF - so far we've loved dealing with her and have loved our cakes each time. We have a couple annoying dietary restrictions which make decorated cakes difficult to have. Each time our needs have been accommodated beautifully and creatively.

This time is for our little girls 5th birthday - Doc Mcstuffins theme 10in gluten-free chocolate with dark chocolate mousse $92.
Glad to hear you've had such a great experience, and that gluten-free was not a big deal. Can't wait to see what you get!
Old 03-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #1899
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine31523 View Post

They sound really cute. I hope you post some pictures of them both.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #1900
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:

At first Pat wasn't sure if Doc Mcstuffins would be okay or not - due to the new licensing rules or something, but Pat sent a msg off while we discussed an alternate design idea and before we were done discussing the cake she received a message saying Doc was okay to do. I'm actually really excited about the possibility of the alternate cake (BTMR), but since Doc is doable and it's my DDs first choice we went with that instead.

I know others have had issues/concerns working with her, but so far we've had no problems over the course of 2.5 years and 2.5 cakes. I doubt there'll be any issues this time either. Though tis time she was a lot more chatty than in the past, though maybe having worked with us previously and recalled us helps?
I am one of the people that had a problem with Pat. I am glad that she is working with you on this cake. I hope that when out date gets closer she will be more helpful. I really hope you post some pictures of the cake it sounds super cute.

And thanks for posting about Pat. Maybe when we talked it was just a bad day.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 PM   #1901
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I am dying to see a picture of the Doc Cake. My daughter is obsessed and trying to convince DH to take her again in July (after our trip in May) for her birthday.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 03-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #1902
DisMie
Earning My Ears

I just ordered a 10" Dumbo themed cake with a matching cupcake for my daughter's first birthday next month. It's the night before our wedding, so there will be around 15-20 people at dinner. I spoke with Lillian from the Boardwalk private dining and she was wonderful! We plan on going to the ESPN Club at around 7 and the cake will be delivered at 8. I decided on marble cake with vanilla buttercream. I can't wait to share pics!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #1903
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMie View Post
I just ordered a 10" Dumbo themed cake with a matching cupcake for my daughter's first birthday next month. It's the night before our wedding, so there will be around 15-20 people at dinner. I spoke with Lillian from the Boardwalk private dining and she was wonderful! We plan on going to the ESPN Club at around 7 and the cake will be delivered at 8. I decided on marble cake with vanilla buttercream. I can't wait to share pics!
I can't wait to see them too. Wow there are gonna be a lot if great pictures coming soon.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #1904
jasmine31523
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
They sound really cute. I hope you post some pictures of them both.
Yeah I know it will probably be a lot of cake but I want the mini stitch cake just to see what they come up with
Chef Brian did a cake for my daughter in October and it was just adorable!
Of course pics will follow
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 PM   #1905
messyjessy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigget74 View Post
I know that I have not been on this board long. A while back I was getting ideas from you guys about a graduation cake for my son. We came up with the idea of a blueprint design with RnR coaster theme. I was talking with Chef Brian and he said no he could not do. They did not have a blueprint of RnR theme. I then asked if we could do any blueprint and just add a guitar...no again. HE would not budge. I was very nervous about calling Pat due to all the unkind remarks and I was prepared for a no again. She put me on hold and came back about 5 minutes laster with a big YES. I understand that she is very short with her words or whatever...but Brian can be as well. Yes, he may be more accommodating, but he still says no as well. My point is...just because one of them says no does not mean another will say no as well.
I had a similar response from Chef Brian - so maybe we both happened to catch him on a bad day?

His responses through email were rather terse (even when read in the happiest of voices) and in complete contrast of the way he is portrayed by other members on the DIS boards. From everything I had read about him, I'd envisioned someone who wanted to work with other peoples ideas and improve upon them. Unfortunately, my lofty expectations were quickly lowered when I received my first "no", a second "no" to a follow up question and then finally a third "this is all I can suggest". This was over the course of several days, so maybe he was having a bad week? Or maybe his email got hacked and an evil droid was responding in his place? lol. I'd like to think the latter...but I'm showing my Doctor Who side...

Anyway, Chef Brian wasn't able to accommodate our request - Sofia the First cake.

I did not find him to be the "typical Disney employee" - translation - there was nothing magical or special in our interaction. I've talked/emailed a lot of people at Disney the last 4 months and all of them were extremely helpful. He may be talented, possibly the nicest guy on the planet, but he didn't come across like that during my interaction with him. It was disappointing to say the least.

The problem now is that I still want to order a Sofia styled cake...just not with him.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: