Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:42 PM   #1876
raider97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcadoo66 View Post
Yay! I found more pictures of my DD's bday cake. I completely forgot that I had taken my camera on that trip.

Here's a few showing more detail: (sorry the pics are so big.....I have to play on photobucket a bit yet)

This is so cute! How much was it? And which bakery made it?
Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 PM   #1877
dawnm8877
Earning My Ears

I have a few questions and I hope someone here can help. First, what is the current price for the slipper dessert?? We are having dinner @ CRT on our upcoming trip and I was thinking about this for my niece who is 7. I noticed someone had a picture of a crown @ CRT, any idea the price for this??

Also, we have booked a boat to see wishes (just the 7 of us) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. I really don't know anything about this as I did not make the arrangements but I wondered about having a cake for him on the boat. Do you think this would be possible and if so, who or where do I call?

I was also considering just getting a cake from a bakery @ WDW if I can. Would they be likely to carry cakes that I could just go get or would I have to pre-order?

Thanks for the help!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-26-2013, 04:52 AM   #1878
ksromack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnm8877 View Post
I have a few questions and I hope someone here can help. First, what is the current price for the slipper dessert?? We are having dinner @ CRT on our upcoming trip and I was thinking about this for my niece who is 7. I noticed someone had a picture of a crown @ CRT, any idea the price for this??

Also, we have booked a boat to see wishes (just the 7 of us) to celebrate my nephew's 4th birthday. I really don't know anything about this as I did not make the arrangements but I wondered about having a cake for him on the boat. Do you think this would be possible and if so, who or where do I call?

I was also considering just getting a cake from a bakery @ WDW if I can. Would they be likely to carry cakes that I could just go get or would I have to pre-order?

Thanks for the help!
I believe my slipper was $14.50? I know it was under $15 (this was on dec 12th). Not sure on the cake issue. I would pre-order but check the Disney site regarding specialty cruises. I know you can arrange with Disney dining for things like champagne, etc.....
Old 03-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #1879
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post

This is so cute! How much was it? And which bakery made it?
It was made by the Y&BC bakery and delivered to AoA. It was $60 +tax. It was beautiful and delicious!

Upcoming: Fantasy 12/13
Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 03-26-2013, 08:22 AM   #1880
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks for the help!
We got the slipper earlier this month at CRT. (DGD is enjoying a bit in siggy pic below)
It was $12.50, plus tax/tip

The crowns are part of a package. The small crown package is $112, the larger crown package is another $17. I do not know if you can get the crown only. Well, I know you can buy it over at the store across the way from CRT but you'd have to do that yourself. The package includes a balloon and a 6" basic cake
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 AM   #1881
somelicious
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Saratoga Springs doesn't have a private dining department. That number was supposed to take you to Artist's Palette (Palate? I can't remember if they go for a play on words there or not... ). I'd call the main number and ask to be connected to someone in the food and beverage department.
Thanks for all of your help, as always! I ended up going through Hollywood Studios to have them delivered for their ADR tomorrow at Sci Fi. The woman I spoke with (Linda?) was such a big help! She is going to arrange for 3 Easter cupcakes to be delivered to my three beautiful nieces and quoted me $4.95 each. I am just awaiting one of the "Leaders" from Sci Fi to contact me about payment options? I'm not sure how well that one is going to pan out, but I can always work it out with my brother later on. So long as they get their cupcakes, I'll be happy!
Old 03-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #1882
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was made by the Y&BC bakery and delivered to AoA. It was $60 +tax. It was beautiful and delicious!
Could you tell me what size that is? I love that cake. Was told by pop that my cake would come from the boardwalk bakery.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #1883
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

Could you tell me what size that is? I love that cake. Was told by pop that my cake would come from the boardwalk bakery.
It was a six inch cake.

Previous trips: BCR 7/13, POR 4/13, AoA 02/13, POP 01/13, AoA 11/12, POP 10/12, POR 9/12, BCR 8/12, Magic Eastern 11/11, BCR 7/11, CBR 8/09, Pop 7/08, ASM 6/06, Pop 4/05, Pop 4/04
Old 03-26-2013, 04:16 PM   #1884
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was a six inch cake.
Thanks.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
Old 03-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #1885
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Yes. Ordering a cake for a Wishes cruise is just like ordering one for a restaurant. Call private dining at the resort where your cruise departs from to make arrangements. See the list in Post #2.

Quote:
Only BoardWalk Bakery carries full cakes that that you can purchase to go, and I'm not sure they keep anything on hand besides the basic all-vanilla and all-chocolate cakes on hand. At that point, you may as well just order one of the (identical) "podium cakes" you can ask for when you check in at a Disney restaurant. I mean, unless you['re not dining at any Disney restaurant.

If you are at all particular about what you want, it's best to pre-order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somelicious View Post
Thanks for all of your help, as always! I ended up going through Hollywood Studios to have them delivered for their ADR tomorrow at Sci Fi. The woman I spoke with (Linda?) was such a big help! She is going to arrange for 3 Easter cupcakes to be delivered to my three beautiful nieces and quoted me $4.95 each. I am just awaiting one of the "Leaders" from Sci Fi to contact me about payment options? I'm not sure how well that one is going to pan out, but I can always work it out with my brother later on. So long as they get their cupcakes, I'll be happy!
So glad this worked out for you!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:44 AM   #1886
LaRosaLoca
Earning My Ears

Wow....this thread is addicting....and an inspiration. My husband and I honeymooned at Disney in May 2002 and will be back for our 11th anniversary May 18 with our son. I think a custom cake is the perfect "pixie dust" for this trip. I guess I'm torn about whether I should have it delivered for our dinner at BOG or to our room at BW. I didnt see an option for Brown Derby, but if that's a possibility that would be best, since that was our first honeymoon dinner and where we have ADR for the actual anniv. date.

I can't decide whether a 2 tier mini or a 6 inch is the way to go. But I know my husband would melt if he got a Haunted Mansion type of cake.

. Any advice would be helpful.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:51 AM   #1887
LaRosaLoca
Earning My Ears

Oh silly me, just found the HS number. Still....advice on size/type?

Old 03-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #1888
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRosaLoca View Post
Oh silly me, just found the HS number. Still....advice on size/type?
Do you think you'd eat up the rest of a 6" cake? We were a party of 3 and I went with a 6" cake to get the design DGD wanted but it ended up going in the trash. All but a small section from where we each had 1 small sliver after it got delivered. I was sure that in the course of the week we had left there we'd finish it but in that entire time the only one to eat any more of it was me and it was just another very small slice. We threw out more than 3/4 of the cake. In hindsight I should have gotten a mini, no matter it wasn't the design she wanted most. They can still be done to be very cute.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #1889
dawnm8877
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all the great info!! This has been very helpful.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:11 AM   #1890
cmcadoo66
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post

Thanks.
You're welcome! I'm happy to help!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: