Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:19 PM   #1846
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisey13 View Post
Thanks LurkyLoo!
Glad to help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandAriel View Post
We're not staying on-site, and I'm still a little rough to all of this so I'm not sure if that botches my chances of getting said cake.

The goal is to have the cake delivered to a place in MK.
Ah, well the place that delivers to the MK is the Contemporary Resort. See Post #2 for contact info and options. I'm thinking the chances of getting a white chocolate Alice are slim, but let us know what they say! The one thing they can do for sure is screen print her on a flat piece of white chocolate and stand it on the cake. I know it's not everybody's favorite look, though...
Old 03-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #1847
CyndiLouWho
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know, if you supply a figure for the top of a cake, do you have to ship it to them ahead? Or can you drop it off once you've arrived at WDW?

I have a figurine of mickey & minnie waltzing for my parents' anniversary cake (they met at a dance class) We will arrive @ DW on a Friday & anniversary dinner is the following Wednesday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1848
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiLouWho View Post
Does anyone know, if you supply a figure for the top of a cake, do you have to ship it to them ahead? Or can you drop it off once you've arrived at WDW?

I have a figurine of mickey & minnie waltzing for my parents' anniversary cake (they met at a dance class) We will arrive @ DW on a Friday & anniversary dinner is the following Wednesday.
We brought our supplied figures with us and I gave them to the server after we arrived in the restaurant. He put them on the cake before bringing it out.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #1849
phi2012
Mouseketeer

Thanks lurkyloo, I'll try the gf and see what they say, fingers crossed they'll say yes and they don't charge too much for it.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #1850
OnlyDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiTN View Post
Finally got pics of Melody's cake
She requested a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake, with figures.
I ordered it for Chef Mickey's, so worked with Brian at Contemporary bakery
We asked for
6" Marble cake
Chocolate Buttercream under the fondant
White Chocolate Mouse filling w/fresh strawberries
Cost, $85

I brought the figures and the staff put them on before delivering the cake

I think this would be a great cake for my son's 6th birthday. He's crazy about the color green. Do you think the cake would look too strange if we went with green fondant instead of the blue? I'm not a creative person so I can't picture what it would look like.
Oct 18-Oct 31, 2015 - Windsor Hills
Old 03-23-2013, 07:13 PM   #1851
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyDisney View Post
I think this would be a great cake for my son's 6th birthday. He's crazy about the color green. Do you think the cake would look too strange if we went with green fondant instead of the blue? I'm not a creative person so I can't picture what it would look like.
I think it would look strange unless they changed it up and altered the design. The fondant is blue because it's the sky behind the clubhouse. If the fondant was green you wouldn't want the clouds that are on there. It might still look okay with green, but it wouldn't give the same overall look the cake has with sky/grass as it is. JMO

I'm sure they could come up with some MM clubhouse design that used a green background though, if that's what you want!

ETA: Now that I think about it...if the fondant was green it might look like the characters were having a picnic on top of the cake! That would be pretty cool! I just wouldn't use the little clouds around the sides, that's all. They probably could replace those with something else easily enough!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *

Last edited by jcemom; 03-23-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #1852
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Okay, so I'm hoping to order a cake for DH - I was hoping to get a hockey themed cake from the cartoon where Donald Duck teaches his nephews hockey. But the ids now think we should have a cake based on DH's favourite ride, Expedition Everest. My problem is that I can't picture an Everest cake.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #1853
Rarity
I don't trust wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Okay, so I'm hoping to order a cake for DH - I was hoping to get a hockey themed cake from the cartoon where Donald Duck teaches his nephews hockey. But the ids now think we should have a cake based on DH's favourite ride, Expedition Everest. My problem is that I can't picture an Everest cake.
I took to Google, not expecting to find anything, but I ended up seeing this cake:

The top layer is based on Expedition Everest. Not sure what your budget is, but it'll give you or the pastry chef some inspiration.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #1854
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom View Post
I think it would look strange unless they changed it up and altered the design. The fondant is blue because it's the sky behind the clubhouse. If the fondant was green you wouldn't want the clouds that are on there. It might still look okay with green, but it wouldn't give the same overall look the cake has with sky/grass as it is. JMO

I'm sure they could come up with some MM clubhouse design that used a green background though, if that's what you want!

ETA: Now that I think about it...if the fondant was green it might look like the characters were having a picnic on top of the cake! That would be pretty cool! I just wouldn't use the little clouds around the sides, that's all. They probably could replace those with something else easily enough!
Pretty much mirrors my thoughts. If you replace the blue with green you are in essences replacing the sky with grass so the entire design would need to be altered. Which is possible without a doubt.

Another thought would be leaving the sides design as is and doing a green top, to make that look like grass, and the characters having a picnic on the grass.

That sort of makes it end up as 2 different themes combined, clubhouse with sky on the sides and grass on top. Would just have to ask the chef to see what he says.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #1855
AliceandAriel
part of your world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Ah, well the place that delivers to the MK is the Contemporary Resort. See Post #2 for contact info and options. I'm thinking the chances of getting a white chocolate Alice are slim, but let us know what they say! The one thing they can do for sure is screen print her on a flat piece of white chocolate and stand it on the cake. I know it's not everybody's favorite look, though...
I knowwww, we still haven't gotten the chance to stay on site yet! (That's my next goal though; stay in one of the disney resorts in the next two years, saving up already!)

But absolutely, when I know what's up with the cake I'll post pictures and get all the details from the DBF Thank you for all of the help!

[May 2012 Off-Site WBC][May 2013 Off-Site WBC][October 2013 AoA LM][February 2014 AoA LK][October 2014 AKV-Kidani]
Old 03-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #1856
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Question

We arrive next Sunday (Easter) for our 20th wedding anniv trip. We have reservations Sunday night at Tony's for dinner. If I call tomorrow to order a mini two tier cake is that feasible in this time frame?

Thanks for any info.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #1857
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgenew1 View Post
We arrive next Sunday (Easter) for our 20th wedding anniv trip. We have reservations Sunday night at Tony's for dinner. If I call tomorrow to order a mini two tier cake is that feasible in this time frame?

Thanks for any info.
I think so! Congratulations on your 20th anniversary!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #1858
bgenew1
Mouseketeer

Thank you! We are very excited. Congrats to you Lurkyloo on your recent anniversary and vow renewal!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #1859
Kara315
Mouseketeer

BoardWalk Bakery

I haven't gotten done looking through the whole thread and the older ones so I haven't seen too many, I was just wondering if the boardwalk bakery is able to do the stand up white chocolate pictures like the CR and GF do. I heard the Boardwalk does pretty nice cakes like the other two bakeries. But haven't seen as many from them yet.
Thanks.

Our Zoo
and two Chinchilla's named and

Old 03-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #1860
grace&philipsmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity View Post
I took to Google, not expecting to find anything, but I ended up seeing this cake:

The top layer is based on Expedition Everest. Not sure what your budget is, but it'll give you or the pastry chef some inspiration.
Wow thanks! That would be an awesome cake - however due to the fact that we are a party of 4, I would probably only want to get the top layer.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: