Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #1816
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky33006 View Post
Hi everyone!!!

We just got back from Disney and I wanted to post a pic of the cake I ordered. I decided to go with a standard cake since I knew DS would be absolutely fine with it, and he loved it! He was very excited. We had is at Chef Mickey's so it was from the Contemporary. Our server was great and she waited until I gave her the go ahead to bring out the cake.

That's a cute cake! Sounds like everyone enjoyed the cake too! And, you DS certainly looks pleased with his cake! And, in the end, that's all that really counts!

Thanks for sharing! Karen
Old 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #1817
Tink_Or_Belle
Want to come to my High Meat party?
I'd hate to be Glazin Raisin

my daughters 14th birthday mini cake at Crystal Palace breakfast we asked for vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling and the 2 layers to be mismatched (one green with pink the other pink with green) since she is all into mismatched socks and shoes etc.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #1818
AngiTN
DIS Veteran

Finally got pics of Melody's cake
She requested a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse cake, with figures.
I ordered it for Chef Mickey's, so worked with Brian at Contemporary bakery
We asked for
6" Marble cake
Chocolate Buttercream under the fondant
White Chocolate Mouse filling w/fresh strawberries
Cost, $85

I brought the figures and the staff put them on before delivering the cake

It was delivered perfectly and Melody loved it.
Sadly, even though I planned it so we had a week to eat on it, we never had more of it. Well, I did have 1 slice on another day but that's it. So we left most of it behind.

While I'm posting birthday food things we ordered, here is her Chocolate Slipper from CRT (she laid the Wishing Star on the berries)
Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 AM   #1819
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

I'm really torn, I want to get a cake for our 2yr wedding anniversary during our illuminations cruise I have booked. We will be on free dining and in day 4 out of 9 and am not sure what size to get! Our DFTW cake went to waste as there was just so much so don't want wastage but wonder if the two tier mini cake is too small! Is there something in between this and the 6 inch? Should I get two mini cakes but is this cost effective? Any suggestions

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
Old 03-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #1820
monami7
DIS Veteran

I am so happy to hear about the figurines.

I am hoping to have test track figurines added to the strawberry shortcake cake at Via Napoli for DD's 8th birthday.

We have had other cakes from disney and I think this is one we would actually eat! LOL She LOVES Test Track and has requested to ride on her birthday (they get to plan their day)

I think the figurines added would be a great way to do this but I wasnt sure if we had to wait until it was at the table to add them. That would ruin the surprise. Has anyone done this at Via Napoli?

Also Lurkey Loo I saw yout Tower of Terror event and it was amazing. In it you talked about the epcot locations being cheaper. is there a link to that anywhere? I am planning on a special something for our 10th anniversary and I would love more info.

Thanks
Heidi
Thank You
Heidi
Old 03-19-2013, 11:06 AM   #1821
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamacpherson78 View Post
I'm so excited! I heard back from Brian at the Contemporary. Unfortunately he doesn't have pictures to show me but he suggested a mini cake with purple fondant, flowers and lots of sparkle. I asked what would be on top and he suggested the white chocolate castle. Quoted $50!! Has anyone else ordered without seeing a photo of what was being made? I'm a little nervous.
I don't think they provide photos of most of the cakes they do. Some people send in photos for inspiration. Others send in detailed sketches. For the most part, it's sight unseen. Your cake is simple enough that I think he'll do an amazing job with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandonaldfans View Post
I'm really torn, I want to get a cake for our 2yr wedding anniversary during our illuminations cruise I have booked. We will be on free dining and in day 4 out of 9 and am not sure what size to get! Our DFTW cake went to waste as there was just so much so don't want wastage but wonder if the two tier mini cake is too small! Is there something in between this and the 6 inch? Should I get two mini cakes but is this cost effective? Any suggestions
How many people will be eating it?
Regardless, in your situation, I'd probably go with at least a 6 inch. Two mini cakes would probably cost as much ($35 each) and you still wouldn't get quite as much cake. You also will have less possibility to customize a mini cake.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-19-2013, 11:19 AM   #1822
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Howdy y'all! I've been lurking this thread for months now and I recently went to Walt Disney World for my 21st birthday! I didn't want to surprise myself with a cake, so I didn't order one! I had NO idea that my mother would order one for me! She later told me that she didn't want me complaining about not getting a cake!!

We stayed at the Beach Club and I chose to eat at Cape May Cafe for my birthday dinner (I LOVE seafood, so this choice was easy!)

I thought my server was being a little awkward, but I never imagined it was because she knew a big secret! LOL, they were hiding my cake in the back...

THIS is my cake! When my server Joyce came out, she announced to the whole restaurant that it was my 21st birthday, and literally everyone in there sang happy birthday to me! I was in shock!

It was a 8 inch yellow cake, with some sort of RUM flavored filling. Fondant covered with a white chocolate Cinderella on top.
I cannot for the life of me find my book with the receipt from dinner but I believe it was $35 for the cake and $25 for the cake topper. I must note we have Tables in Wonderland and they DID take 20% off the cake as well as the meal. I don't know if thats the norm? but they did that.

It was so delicious and moist. The fondant was even good!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 03-19-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM   #1823
sjv919
Mouseketeer

Hey guys! I ordered a slipper dessert for my 1900 Park Fare ressie and the girl I ordered it from said it would be milk chocolate because that's the standard...I thought standard was white chocolate? Doesn't make much difference to me, the birthday girl will still love it but white chocolate is her favorite so I'm curious!

Old 03-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #1824
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
If it helps, here's a link to all the Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings Escape Collection cakes, which the BoardWalk Bakery makes all the time for weddings at Sea Breeze Point. You might find one you like or could modify to suit your taste.
Thanks Lurkyloo, but we are having our anniversary at The Shades of Green gazebo, where no one delivers to....but I did find a personal shopper who will pick one up from the Boardwalk Bakery for me and deliver it to SoG for me. I'm just wondering though....DH LOVES buttercream frosting, but I'm afraid it'll melt in the transportation, so I guess I'll have to go with the fondant over the buttercream.....I can't remember, is it pretty easy to peel off?

Old 03-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #1825
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
Hey guys! I ordered a slipper dessert for my 1900 Park Fare ressie and the girl I ordered it from said it would be milk chocolate because that's the standard...I thought standard was white chocolate? Doesn't make much difference to me, the birthday girl will still love it but white chocolate is her favorite so I'm curious!
I'm with you, I think White Chocolate is the norm, but you can order milk chocolate if you like. If you want White Chocolate, I'd call and let them know. I ordered the White Chocolate for Afternoon Tea at the GF with my sister and had them put buttercream flowers in it, it was really pretty.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #1826
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkandonaldfans View Post
I absolutely ADORE cake (well, OK, frosting) and have a high tolerance for sweets, but even I can only eat half a Disney minicake. I think you will be fine with a minicake for two people. If you get a 6-inch fondant cake, it's huge. We had one for 6 people at our IllumiNations party and didn't even eat half of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
Also Lurkey Loo I saw yout Tower of Terror event and it was amazing. In it you talked about the epcot locations being cheaper. is there a link to that anywhere? I am planning on a special something for our 10th anniversary and I would love more info.
Yes! I have IllumiNations dessert party planning info HERE, and the report of how our party turned out HERE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjv919 View Post
I'm with Scrappy_Tink—white chocolate is the standard; if that's what you want, call back and request it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I'm just wondering though....DH LOVES buttercream frosting, but I'm afraid it'll melt in the transportation, so I guess I'll have to go with the fondant over the buttercream.....I can't remember, is it pretty easy to peel off?
It is pretty easy to peel off, unless you get a minicake, which requires so much scraping that you might as well just eat the fondant. (It's pretty tasty these days!) And there's usually plenty of buttercream underneath.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:44 PM   #1827
monami7
DIS Veteran

Wow! Ok any idea how much it is to rent the bamboo room at Brown Derby? I have a thing about old Hollywood and that would be pretty amazing.
Also is there a link somewhere about the private dining options in Epcot?
Thanks so much
Heidi
Old 03-20-2013, 09:29 AM   #1828
2pirates&2tinks
Mouseketeer

Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 AM   #1829
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by monami7 View Post
Wow! Ok any idea how much it is to rent the bamboo room at Brown Derby? I have a thing about old Hollywood and that would be pretty amazing.
Also is there a link somewhere about the private dining options in Epcot?
Thanks so much
Heidi
Answered your Q over on my blog. You can see a list of event spaces at Epcot and photos of them HERE.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #1830
monami7
DIS Veteran

Thanks.
I was wondering if you ever found a price though? Thats the part I cant seem to get.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: