Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #1771
2pirates&2tinks
Mouseketeer

I can say that some of those cakes can be used as inspiration. Some of those cakes would likely cost as much as a vacation! Just thought it was a good place for some fresh ideas. I found it helpful and wanted to pass the tip along.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #1772
McDuck
DIS Veteran

I am loving seeing what the Disney bakeries can come up with! Really appreciate everyone sharing their tips and pictures!

We are thinking about doing a cake for my DD's 4th birthday in October. We'll probably dine at Olivia's. Anyone have any experiences they can share or point me to in one of the three incarnations of this thread? Is it possible to have the cake delivered to Olivia's or would we have to pick it up ourselves and hand it over when we arrive? There will be four of us, so I am assuming a 6" should be sufficient, right? Thanks so much! It's never too early to at least start thinking about it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #1773
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

If you check out Post #2 of this thread, it has the number to call for cakes delivered to Old Key West. Cakes for OKW are made by BoardWalk Bakery (but you must order them through OKW), so look for posts that mention BoardWalk if you want to see their handiwork. 6 inches is plenty for 4 people.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #1774
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
wow== just wow

so you say that you can ask one of the bakers to do a design from what you see there.
You can always ask.
Since they won't mold any Disney characters, there are certain limits.
It's definitely great for inspiration. You may just have to make it more abstract, provide your own figurines, or add a chocolate cake topper (which can get very expensive).
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #1775
YCFAN

Have you seen my tag?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccer Princess

She was really nice and helpful when I ordered a cake in January
I've worked with Pat on many occasions and each and every time she was absolutely wonderful and I've never been disappointed with the results!!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #1776
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCFAN View Post
I've worked with Pat on many occasions and each and every time she was absolutely wonderful and I've never been disappointed with the results!!
WOW that is really good to know. I hope that maybe I just got her on a off day and it will all work out in the end. Thanks for posting

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Old 03-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #1777
iheartjuppy
Mouseketeer

Cake is ordered! Chef Brian was awesome to email with, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I have ZERO creative vision, so I'm VERY excited that he took my simple "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and seems to have a clear idea of what he wants to do with it!!! We're not traveling until May but I promise to post pics when we get it delivered to Chef Mickeys.

For what it's worth, the woman with whom I placed the order asked for a credit card "to hold the order" but quite clearly said it would not be charged and that the cake would be added to my dinner bill the night it was received. There was no option to pre-pay or offer another form of payment/billing. I'm fine with that (though pre-pay would have been great too), but was glad she was up front and crystal clear about how it would work.

Thank you all for your help and ideas! Did anyone receive an email confirmation once the cake was ordered or did you just hope for the best? I didn't get a confirmation number or anything.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #1778
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartjuppy View Post
Cake is ordered! Chef Brian was awesome to email with, and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. I have ZERO creative vision, so I'm VERY excited that he took my simple "Jake and the Neverland Pirates" and seems to have a clear idea of what he wants to do with it!!! We're not traveling until May but I promise to post pics when we get it delivered to Chef Mickeys.

For what it's worth, the woman with whom I placed the order asked for a credit card "to hold the order" but quite clearly said it would not be charged and that the cake would be added to my dinner bill the night it was received. There was no option to pre-pay or offer another form of payment/billing. I'm fine with that (though pre-pay would have been great too), but was glad she was up front and crystal clear about how it would work.

Thank you all for your help and ideas! Did anyone receive an email confirmation once the cake was ordered or did you just hope for the best? I didn't get a confirmation number or anything.
This sounds so great! I am glad that he was wonderful to work with. I cant wait to see pictures. I am glad it worked out will for you.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #1779
budafam
DIS Veteran

Oh no.. so you can't prepay for a cake? I was hoping to order one for a client as a surprise in May
DxDP 12/3/13-12/10/13
Upcoming Trips: 9/21-9/29 POR & 10/25-10/31 BWV 10/31-11/3 DREAM

Old 03-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #1780
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

How far in advance are most of you ordering your cakes? I just need one mini-cake for a birthday and I figured 30+ days notice would be enough. If I'm wrong please tell me! Thanks
Old 03-15-2013, 02:55 PM   #1781
2girlsR2good
Mouseketeer

Okay, so I've ordered a cake, I think. I called twice--once just spoke with the cake hotline CM, second time with Yvette where I gave the reservation number for my Illuminations cruise. Gave my credit card number, phone & email and discussed designs and flavors. Just haven't heard back with a confirmation. Should I call again? Is this typical since I'm not doing anything incredibly complicated?

Here's what we decided: Chocolate w/white chocolate mousse.
Buttercream--theme is Tinkerbell and Periwinkle--twins who don't look alike. Cake will have the two of them and be decorated in halves. Perfect for my opposite-looking and acting fraternal twin girls' birthday, right?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #1782
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsR2good
Okay, so I've ordered a cake, I think. I called twice--once just spoke with the cake hotline CM, second time with Yvette where I gave the reservation number for my Illuminations cruise. Gave my credit card number, phone & email and discussed designs and flavors. Just haven't heard back with a confirmation. Should I call again? Is this typical since I'm not doing anything incredibly complicated?

Here's what we decided: Chocolate w/white chocolate mousse.
Buttercream--theme is Tinkerbell and Periwinkle--twins who don't look alike. Cake will have the two of them and be decorated in halves. Perfect for my opposite-looking and acting fraternal twin girls' birthday, right?
Sounds good. I would call again and make sure everything was a go. But that's just me.

Many Trips Before DS
Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #1783
RapunzelFloyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisey13 View Post
How far in advance are most of you ordering your cakes? I just need one mini-cake for a birthday and I figured 30+ days notice would be enough. If I'm wrong please tell me! Thanks
I started about two weeks before the trip but we didn't actually confirm until 3 days before and the one I am doing is a Rapunzel mini wedding cake for our anniversary. We leave in the AM!! yay!

Check out my blogwww.rapunzelscrafts.weebly.com
DLR- 31st birthday & proposal- August 2011
WDW-AOA- 1 year Anniversary- March 2013
DLP- September 2013
Disneyworld Beach Club and First Dream Cruise- June 2014
Old 03-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #1784
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisey13 View Post
I usually don't call til about 2 weeks out cuz I think there's less of a chance my order will get lost in the shuffle!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:13 PM   #1785
Maisey13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
I usually don't call til about 2 weeks out cuz I think there's less of a chance my order will get lost in the shuffle!
Great, thanks so much. I read people ordering cakes for months away and I started to get nervous. I'll wait until two weeks out.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: